closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baselworld 2019 Bell & Ross bronze diver pics

Baselworld 2019 Bell & Ross bronze diver pics

The tiny Bell & Ross shop in Vienna is one of those lovely, friendly mini boutiques that still prides itself on service and allowing you to try on multiple watches, without obligation.

I usually just look in the window because it's tiny inside. Recently, fuelled by a couple of Pastis, I stopped by and saw the latest bronze br03 Diver limited edition. It had just arrived that day and it was their second so far(both sold the day they arrived). I haven't seen any real reviews online that don't rely on library or baselworld pics so I thought I would take some.

As you can see they have chosen a very unusual green bezel. I have no idea where they got the inspiration from ......

Its an aluminium bezel and I like the look because ceramic can be a little too shiny sometimes. The case is impeccable, for anyone who has had a br03 or larger br01 you know the details are amazing and the mix of polished profiles and brushed areas really give this a quality feel.

On the wrist it is substantial but no too cumbersome. I recently tried the 42mm panerai due range and it lacked the heft on the Bell & Ross.

Also I haven't really been into bronze watches, thinking it to be just another trend like stealth watches etc. I also found the black bay bronze a little lifeless in the metal, but I know it is subjective. The case back is steel with old dive helmet engraving and it comes with rubber strap, cool patch and peli case. All in all, it is a cool package.

The case has a lovely low profile and in bronze this will avoid all those "it looks like a seiko" comments. Also you have tons of strap options.

I was also offered an ex display skull watch with a load of straps for less then half price and it actually looked much better.

Its been many years since I bought a bell and Ross and this bronze watch certainly pulled me back in. Given the lacklustre baselworld this year, this watch and a few others deserve more credit and publicity than they get.

Even after the champagne wore off, I still get that lovely feeling of wanting to look at the watch all the time. It also sits beautifully in the case. I only hope I can keep it shiny (any safe and non abrasive suggestions welcome). Anyway, I am back in the B&R fold and it feels great!

Apprentice
    That's rather nice. First time I've seen any "live" photos of this online. I'm not a huge B&R fan, but I can see the appeal of that model.

Also good to hear of the level of customer service. Something that's sadly lacking in a lot of ADs that I've been to recently.

Master
    Accept the wabi. Bronze is wonderful once it's been aged naturally. Wouldn't dream of re-polishing my Helson.

Baselworld 2019 Bell & Ross bronze diver pics

I’ve had this now for about two and a half months, though it gets worn in rotation, and patination isn’t that quick if you don’t help it along, which I haven’t. Below is straight out of the box :

And today :

I think green really works with bronze though, hence the green rubber!

Sent from my back pocket without my knowledge

Master
    Fantastic, I really like the diver but haven't seen the bronze and green dial/insert combo before.

Wow the green rubber looks great and I do agree the patina has developed nicely. I guess I had seen too many Google pics where watches resembled shipwrecks rather than useful timepieces haha. I actually have the natural leather on order with the stamped lettering from the br01 heritage. Should be ready by the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Wow the green rubber looks great and I do agree the patina has developed nicely. I guess I had seen too many Google pics where watches resembled shipwrecks rather than useful timepieces haha. I actually have the natural leather on order with the stamped lettering from the br01 heritage. Should be ready by the weekend

I think the natural leather will suit it very well, I look forward to a pic once it's arrived!

I think a lot of the patina pictures online are from artificially accelerated patination and I can kind of understand the eagerness to see what will actually happen, I'm led to believe that the particular alloy used in the bronze diver will eventually show a pale green colour somewhat like that of the Statue Of Liberty, though I think that's copper not bronze?

At the end of the day though, the beauty of bronze is that your watch will be uniquely yours, whether you keep the patination light or let it fur-up like an old barnacle!

Master
    Loving that bronze/green look, and the style, always fancied a B&R but I have heard stories of poor timekeeping? Maybe it’s time to come out of retirement(again!) to feed the watch piggy bank.

All my B & R have been spot on timekeeping wise. But I always had a soft spot for the brand

Master
    Ta.

Craftsman
    Green with envy here, that is a beautiful watch OP.

Thanks, I know it will have its haters but its one of those watches I like to just open the box and get the wow feeling each time I open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Thanks, I know it will have its haters but its one of those watches I like to just open the box and get the wow feeling each time I open it.
    Isn’t that what it’s all about 👍