closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I wanted to like it but...

Master

I wanted to like it but...

So I’m on holiday and was wandering about a shopping centre when the wife pointed out a tag boutique. She knows I’ve been hanging my nose over the Monaco as we are both the same age.
    In we go and the sales person takes the classic blue face out of the cabinet. Off comes my Smiths Everest and on it goes... and... I just don’t like it. It feels light and insubstantial, the strap is unimpressive and the clasp feels flimsy.
    I really wanted it to feel special but it just didn’t. Certainly not CAD 7800 special anyway.
    Oh well back to the drawing board for a 50th year watch for me. I’m now thinking about a gmt of some sort. Possibly a breitling b04 based one or something else. Thinking cap time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    50th birthday = Speedy

You have a lot of options including the new anniversary LTD edition unveiled this week.

I was lucky to pick this up yesterday from my Rolex AD. It is a fantastic thing:

However, this is the watch of choice at the moment and will be worn and enjoyed for a couple of months leading up to the 50th anniversary celebrations. I love my speedmaster.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not the norm, for sure, but there's a nice Breguet Marine on SC.

Journeyman
    light and insubstantial is unforgivable for a luxury watch. I've always like the design but I could never throw down money on something that doesn't feel solid and substantial

have you looked at the Tag Monza?

Apparently there will be a few Anniversary Monaco models revealed tomorrow night, there's a count-down timer on the website, just go to the Monaco page and scroll to the bottom. You can sign-up to be notified too.

(They may be no different build quality wise though)
    Last edited by thefatboy; 23rd May 2019 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    Apparently there will be a few Anniversary Monaco models revealed tomorrow night, there's a count-down timer on the website, just go to the Monaco page and scroll to the bottom. You can sign-up to be notified too.

(They may be no different build quality wise though)
    I’m signed up and watching with interest. Be nice if they had something like the current Calibre 11, but with a less generic movement and 38mm too

D

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Not the norm, for sure, but there's a nice Breguet Marine on SC.
    Haha, cheers!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

I wanted to like it but...

Did you try the CAW211P ?
    It’s a stunning watch.
    The dial particularly looks fantastic in different lights.
    Granted the clasp does feel a bit lesser for what is now nigh-on a £5k Watch, but it’s such an Iconic piece and a great re-issue.
    IMG_5865.JPGIMG_6181.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by OHG1X; 23rd May 2019 at 20:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Did you try the CAW211P ?
    It’s a stunning watch.
    The dial particularly looks fantastic in different lights.
    Granted the clasp does feel a bit lesser for what is now nigh-on a £5k Watch, but it’s such an Iconic piece and a great re-issue.
    IMG_5865.JPGIMG_6181.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yeah that was the one I tried. It felt like it was made out of titanium or something it was that light. Also the strap seemed way too thin for the watch.
    I really wanted to like it, I’ve lusted after one for years but it just isn’t for me but if it works on your wrist then I’m jealous.
    I do tend to wear larger heavier watches but I thought the Monaco would be chunky enough for my fat wrists lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Yeah that was the one I tried. It felt like it was made out of titanium or something it was that light. Also the strap seemed way too thin for the watch.
    I really wanted to like it, I’ve lusted after one for years but it just isn’t for me but if it works on your wrist then I’m jealous.
    I do tend to wear larger heavier watches but I thought the Monaco would be chunky enough for my fat wrists lol.

It’s nice to have that meaty feel with a lump of metal on your wrist…. It anchors the arm and feels good!

Similarly I tried the same watch on and it felt a bit meh…. However someone posted a vintage Tag on here the other day which was drool worth 🤤

Well that 70s 50th anniversary LE is a disappointment. Best stick with the Blue Cal 11

Dave

That reminds me of a velour sofa my parents had in the Seventies!

Countdown is now up for the Eighties model too, with another three to come after.....

Sent from my back pocket without my knowledge