closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Are all Oyster bracelets created equal?

Master

Are all Oyster bracelets created equal?

Possibly a stupid question but I've recently got my first Rolex & a couple of things have been bothering me ;
    1) The taper - do all Oyster bracelets have the 20-16 taper? I like it but my Omegas don't have it so it's a bit new to me.
    2} Security - Am I over thinking things when I look at my DJ 41 & then look at the Subs / Explorers with their extra clasp locks. I guess the DJ clasp is fine for the day to day stuff?
    3} Scratches - is 904L more resistant than 316L?
    Thanks,

Master
    I'm aware the Omegas don't taper because they aren't on Oyster bracelets...

Presumably you're referring to current bracelets, which have evolved and improved greatly over the years - the professional model Oyster clasps are now miles better than their so-called 'tin can' predecessors.
    Regardless, as far as I know Oyster bracelets have always tapered to a similar degree.
    I seriously doubt you'll suffer any unintentional clasp openings or failures - more DJs have been sold over the years than all professional models combined, and if an issue had arisen it would have long-since been designed out.
    I'm afraid I know little on the scratch question, but think I recall reading forum speculation that (despite its superiority in most every other respect) 904L might be slightly less scratch resistant than 316L.

Master
    Thanks. I'm sure they're fine, as you say more DJs are sold than the other models, it's a well refined design by now.
    I'm really pleased with it, just that the bracelet questions were bugging me.