closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking in Gatwick

Parking in Gatwick

Which service would the collective recommend for booking a parking space for a week, please?
    Any to avoid?
    Or just go there and park?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I've used the South Terminal long stay for many years without a problem. Does mean getting a shuttle bus to the terminal but they run regularly and only take a few minutes. Transfer to North Terminal on the monorail thingy if needs be. All pretty painless and no need to hand your keys over.

Cheers,

Plug

Master
    Gatwick official parking is good value and easy- Just booked valet parking at the South Terminal, drop at the terminal, car ready for when you get back, no faffing about with buses, worked out about £75.00

Master
    I would always use the official parking, which is very reasonably priced; but I would never use valet parking - too many stories about cars being used / speeded in / crashed in one's absence.

Parking in Gatwick

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I would always use the official parking, which is very reasonably priced; but I would never use valet parking - too many stories about cars being used / speeded in / crashed in one's absence.
    I’ve used valet parking many times without issue and only a few miles extra on the clock ( to cover the journey to where it’s parked and back) when I’ve returned.
    I’ve also used the off site parking at Copthorne and found that to be good too.

Given the distance you are from the airport Marc, if you stay overnight at the adjacent hotel, you get free parking until your return; or st least you used to.

Do you mean the Bloc hotel Dave?

Gatwick Valet service is superb. Park and go in no fuss , car waiting when you get back. No faffing about with buses .

Blog Entries
    I use either

Holidayextras or lookingforparking

Whichever has the best deal on meet and greet cannot stand shuttle buses and they both do hotel+ parking

As luck would have it, it is North terminal of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Do you mean the Bloc hotel Dave?
    I’ve not done it myself Marc so I’m not too sure. I believe that at least one hotel does though.

Good deals if you need a hotel the night before the flight that include parking.

I always stick to the proper airport owned ones. No chance your car will get used as a taxi or get parked on a local back street then.

Master
    Another vote here for Official Gatwick Airport Parking, we used Valet at the North Terminal last week and it was seamless at both ends.

Thank you all, booked via the Gatwick app. Also, I chose long stay parking. I ‘d rather drive the car myself and drink the difference.

A few years back Gatwick was in the news because one of the private valet companies went bust, they just handed all the keys they had to the information desk, some people never got there cars back. The story’s started coming out about the cars being used as taxis, wedding cars, parked in super markets, it was unbelievable.

I’ve used Gatwick a lot and I fine the Holiday Inn hotels offer a good stay and park service, short shuttle to airport and means you don’t leave home at stupid o clock if it’s an early flight.

I’ve used the official long stay and valet, both have been great, if time is less of an issue Purple Parking are great too; longer transfer, but cheaper; although very slick. All three recommended.

Master
    Long stay, short stay, valet or premium - I don't think you'll have an issue.

Since you mention using the saving to suitably refresh yourself then it's worth checking if you've qualified for any discounts as a result. We had the option of benefitting from various dining offers, I think we opted for kids eat free at Comptoir Libanais in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Gatwick Valet service is superb. Park and go in no fuss , car waiting when you get back. No faffing about with buses .
    A same as this just booked for our summer holiday and have used it 8/9 times

Master
    Used the official parking and also purple parking a fair number of times no issues with either.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Used the Official Gatwick Parking for the South Terminal.
    Left the car there last week, jumped on shuttle to the Terminal.
    All good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    We recently flew out of Gatwick and stayed in the bloc hotel the night before our early flight. Got 3 weeks valet parking, vip security and the upgraded room for just over £200.
    Dropping the car off was painless, bloc was decent and very convenient and security was a breeze, would recommend and do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We fly regularly from North Terminal and always use manor parking meet and greet. Drop the car and its waiting when you get back. Hassle free and reliable. We registered with them and get 20% off all bookings which normally make them the cheapest or near cheapest .