closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Cellini.

Master

Rolex Cellini.

I was never really into the Rolex thing but having seen a Cellini date in white gold this may be changing, saw it in the window and had to go in and ask, so is a model that will fade in years to come or will my daughter be surprised in what her old mans watch is worth when it becomes hers.? Or should I think of something else. Ta.

Cellini depreciate. That shouldn’t rule it out.

It's a model that rarely gets a mention on here. Make of that what you will. No doubt our Rolex experts will advise about buying, but I'd say there were many other models in the Rolex stable that are potentially better as far as residuals go. That's if you can get hold of them!

If the dressier style watch is your thing, then the datejust would seem to be the 'wiser' choice.

Master
    Ta guys, this watch shouted “buy me” I like it but since I’d never seen one before I thought it was wise to ask the experts, if this watch is a bummer and a money pit( I have enough depreciating assets) I’ll keep the money under the mattress.
    Temptation is an evil mistress.

You should be getting at least 30-35% off list.

Master
    Have a look at the Omega Tresor de ville too

Just set fire to pound notes, you'll be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Ta guys, this watch shouted “buy me” I like it but since I’d never seen one before I thought it was wise to ask the experts, if this watch is a bummer and a money pit( I have enough depreciating assets) I’ll keep the money under the mattress.
    Temptation is an evil mistress.
    It’s a watch forum, not an investment forum. They’re fine watches, if you like em, buy em :)

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    It’s a watch forum, not an investment forum. They’re fine watches, if you like em, buy em :)
    ^^^ This ^^^ compared to the usual Rolex suspects they represent good value.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I’ve had several versions of the current Cellini. Seriously under-rated designs. In fact, rather nicer than some of the Oyster Perpetual models . It’s true they won’t hold value...but neither do most watches.
    You buy them because you have good taste...and hopefully you keep them. Lovely watches made with great care, and tougher than you might expect (for instance, they have screw-down crowns).
    Last edited by paskinner; 31st May 2019 at 21:16.

If you like one that much buy one secondhand and get the best of both worlds.

A sign of all that is wrong with Rolex or is it just that expeñsive dress watches in general are out of fashion?
    GS seem to do OK?
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    A sign of all that is wrong with Rolex or is it just that expeñsive dress watches in general are out of fashion?
    GS seem to do OK?
    Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    These new Cellinis are tough for me. They're REALLY nice and I'm a longtime Rolex guy who would love a proper Rolex dress watch.. However, I have zero interest in a 39mm dress watch that's 11mm thick. It's only about 1mm thinner than my 14060m, and the dial on the Cellini is a lot larger. Too large for me.