closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women wearing big watches

Master

Women wearing big watches

I've just noticed that Cheryl Hakeney (a dealer on Dickinsons Real Deal) wears a steel Daytona on her left wrist. What do the panel think of women wearing big watches?
    Kinda sexy or what?

Brace for Charlize Theron pic in 3....2....1....

Master
    It's a better sight than men wearing small watches IMO.

What watch does the Duke wear btw? Looks like a gold Sub type thing.

Not a good look in my opinion.

Journeyman
    I've been happily wearing my Sub C for 6 years now. its great. Traditional women's watches do not really do it for me either in style or in robustness.

This is not me but you get the gist. I've got a small wrist and its very comfortable. Also ref. Charlize ...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/310326...39661/?lp=true
    Last edited by emmak; 22nd May 2019 at 16:44. Reason: image

Journeyman
    looks cute on them :D

Master
    I see a fair few near mine wearing Rose Gold Daytonas.

I think it looks great.

They should stick to ladies watches - they'd be more sports Rolex for us chaps.

Rolex put a Daytona on Angelique Kerber's wrist when she was collecting the Wimbledon trophy last summer:

Officially a chick watch, now, innit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    It's a better sight than men wearing small watches IMO.

What watch does the Duke wear btw? Looks like a gold Sub type thing.
    Dunno but I would think it some blinged up gold thing to match his ridiculous orange face

Master
    I know several women whose wrists make mine look girly, so a small watch on them would look silly, it’s personal choice surely, not all men wear 40mm+ do they?

Journeyman
    I don’t like women’s watches, they are either too small to be of use, too blingy or made with the cheapest movements.
    Vintage men’s watches work well for me and most of my new watches are 40mm or below. I have a few 42mm, but the lugs don’t over hang my wrist.
    Sometimes I get jealous that I can’t wear some watches I see, but I would probably be a hideous looking woman if my wrists were 8 inches.

Depends on the woman and the watch but there are possibilities

I do like a big fat lady with a big watch, but it looks a bit daft on the slim ones.

I think woman can pull off an oversized watch better than a man can, especially if they're good looking with nice wrists.

Master
    My daughter in law wants my gold plated chrono because it looks "nice". I've told her that she can have it if she can tell me what movement is in it and explain how to calculate speed with it! I think that I am safe!

Does my wife qualify ?

Last edited by pepere13; 22nd May 2019 at 19:06.

Master
    Very elegant.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sheesh,
    The boyfriend watch thing has been going for years, especially big in Europe.

Recently in a bar in Venice I saw 10-15 women wearing very nice and expensive watches (Rolex,Panerai & Patek to name 3), whilst most of the men were wearing Apple watches (whilst I was doubling up, Rolex on left and Apple Watch on right).

My wife is oriental and petite and yet wears a 44mm Pam Luminor in rotation with a 34mm Rolex OP. The Pam looks like she's balancing a dinner plate on her wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by pepere13 View Post
    Does my wife qualify ?
    She's nowhere near fat enough, so I'd put the wrist-clocks she's modelling into the "looks daft" category. Better than the alternative, some might say.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Rolex put a Daytona on Angelique Kerber's wrist when she was collecting the Wimbledon trophy last summer:

Officially a chick watch, now, innit
    Kinell! She's got bigger wrists than me!!

Not 100% certain but I think Julia Bradbury had an Oris of some description on the other night walking around the Isle of Man......looked good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I've just noticed that Cheryl Hakeney (a dealer on Dickinsons Real Deal) wears a steel Daytona on her left wrist. What do the panel think of women wearing big watches?
    Kinda sexy or what?
    Daytona, big?

Anyway, the Daytona is a woman's watch.

Where is peedog when you need him?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Daytona, big?

Anyway, the Daytona is a woman's watch.
    Yes I have to agree, my wife wears mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    She's nowhere near fat enough, so I'd put the wrist-clocks she's modelling into the "looks daft" category. Better than the alternative, some might say.
    Classy...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Looks good to me @pepere13.

Women wearing larger watches eh. Whatever next
    Gray

I don't have any kind of problem with it

Mrs V is of small stature with very thin wrists and likes to wear a small watch - usually with some kind of bling / precious stone thing going on. If she preferred to wear something big and chunky then it would be no big deal to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers; you and I 5105733
    Not 100% certain but I think Julia Bradbury had an Oris of some description on the other night walking around the Isle of Man......looked good on her.
    That’s not fair, most things would look good on her I reckon!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

It's been a trend for some time now alongside loose, man-size bracelets. Anyway, personally, I rather look at a woman wearing large watch than a man wearing a small one. YMMV.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

It's difficult to generalise - it depends on the woman and the watch.

The rule of thumb is the same for men. If it looks like the watch is wearing the woman then it's not cool.

Master
    in my view an attractive lady looks attractive despite a huge watch. Of course 'huge' or oversize depends on the lady's size/wrist but above 36mm is getting on the large size in my view for many ladies.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Didn't see the program myself but Julia Bradbury is a brand ambassador for Elliott Brown watches. I've seen her wearing the 44mm Canford quite a bit.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    My wife wears my (now hers) Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm, and has done for the past 10 years or so, looks much nicer on her than it did on me!

Master
    My OH will be getting a 41mm DJ for her 40th birthday. She doesn't wear a watch much, so I will help her out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As if the opinion of a bunch of guys is in any way relevant.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I think woman can pull off an oversized watch better than a man can, especially if they're good looking with nice t*ts.
    Fixed that for you Lee.

A 40mm watch on a lady is not a new thing and looks super cool. Recently in Taiwan I saw lots of young women with 48mm panerai and panerai submersible. In fact on girl at the LV store stopped me and told me my 372 was her dream watch. You would think that the smaller Due range was aimed at the Asian ladies market, but I saw the opposite.

Master
    The only worthwhile opinions on this topic is from the ladies themselves. What a bunch of old men think about womens fashion is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Where is peedog when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The only worthwhile opinions on this topic is from the ladies themselves. What a bunch of old men think about womens fashion is neither here nor there.
    I do agree. I took my girlfriend to look at some DJs and I was convinced the 32mm would be about right on her. She is eligant and petite and the most stylish woman I have ever met (yes I am a little in love!). She actually prefered the smaller one (29mm I think) and you know what, she totally rocked it. She said the 32mm was too obvious and was starting to 'wear her'. She does have slim wrists though so something like a 36mm would look daft on her. That said, I did see a blusey Sub on a woman on a plane in February and it looked ok on her. Mind you, she was a proper fatty.

I have no idea why Raffe's post also got quoted below???

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    True, but the question from the OP was whether the forum members find it appealing/attractive, not if we think it’s acceptable.

IMO I’ve always found it to be an attractive look, particularly 36mm DJ or 40mm Sub Date. There’s a few mums on the school run that wear them.

Typically of course, my wife doesn’t agree, but that’s nothing new!

Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    As if the opinion of a bunch of guys is in any way relevant.
    Ofcourse it is. Only a fool or the uninitiated would think women don't care what men think about their grooming/style.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    My sister in law wears a 42mm speedy virtually exclusively and I must say it looks good on her.

I guess the larger watch is intended to emphasise the slender feminine wrist and so the whole, hopefully, feminine woman. In the model pics below there's the watch as wrist bangle look, worn very loose I think it conveys a bit of the sense of, I just don't give a toss as I'm so pretty and cool/ don't need to concern myself with mundane practicalities and have people to do my fetching and carrying for me, a bit like those oversized frilly cuffs fashionable among aristos a couple of centuries ago. Fashion eh, nowt new.

Do women have better eyesight than men? - those tiny watch faces must be almost impossible to read, anything under 36mm isn’t really practical for anyone is it?
    I’ve also noticed more women wearing ‘status’ brands like Rolex and Panerai whilst a lot of younger men wear an Apple Watch or no watch at all. But women have always liked a bit of flashy jewellery, a big diamond ring ‘look how wealthy my fiancé is’ type of stuff whereas men are more ‘I’d only break a watch whilst fixing the car, why spend beer money on a flashy watch’. I know we’re an exception on this forum, and in 2019 I’m not sure it’s even pc to say ‘a lot of women like showy ‘look I’m rich’ jewellery , and men generally don’t ‘ but hey, it’s only an opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk