closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wedding watch Incoming

Wedding watch Incoming

I recently asked my AD if they could help supply me with a wedding gift for my wife and myself. (Matching Rolex datejusts but different dial colours). Having bought my wife’s watch a few weeks back I have today received a call to say I can pick my desired datejust up this week.
    This is the new 2022 41mm datejust with a blue “fluted” motif dial. I’ve picked it on the jubilee as I feel it suits the datejust better.
    Can’t wait to pick it up. Really looking forward to this more so than any other recent incoming…
    Must be getting old as I’m straying from sports models over to day dates and datejusts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lovely watch.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Nice watch, and great they could make that happen for a special date. Will always be a memory when putting those on. Excellent

Blog Entries

Excellent choice! I hope your special day goes well for you both. The DJ and that model in particular is becoming a favourite of mine, after having some sports versions.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

That's lovely, and to my mind the only configuration better than my own plain blue dial/fluted bezel/jubilee bracelet. It's also a perfect watch to mark such an occasion, IMO, especially an almost-matching pair.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Excellent choice! I hope your special day goes well for you both. The DJ and that model in particular is becoming a favourite of mine, after having some sports versions.
    Thank you for your kind words…A week on Saturday is the big day..
    I only came across this configuration recently and realised it was a 2022 release. The dial seems to have another dimension to it…really am excited and looking forward to a more “classier” daily as opposed to a sports model of which I’ve worn pretty much all the current offerings over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's lovely, and to my mind the only configuration better than my own plain blue dial/fluted bezel/jubilee bracelet. It's also a perfect watch to mark such an occasion, IMO, especially an almost-matching pair.
    Which blue dial do you have Tony? The stick dial or Roman numerals?

And the wife’s new watch..
    Pink dial datejust 31mm with jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel…
    Bought my father some silver as he collects bullion on the same day so had to take a photo of them both!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Which blue dial do you have Tony? The stick dial or Roman numerals?
    Stick dial - I’m not a fan of Romans for myself, but I do like it on women.

Stick dial - I’m not a fan of Romans for myself, but I do like it on women.
    I agree ..I’d prefer a stick dial over the Roman numerals all day long for myself.

Master
    Lovely watch. Good luck on the big day.

Craftsman
    Such a good choice right there. I managed a wedding speedy and it's great everytime I throw it on; happy memories!

Congratulations on all fronts.

Great idea to mark the wedding occasion.

A timeless design, which is important given you'll ideally want to keep it forever. I bought a watch for my wedding that's now a point of minor internal conflict, as it's the obvious choice to cut from my current collection, but I feel bad letting it go because of that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Great idea to mark the wedding occasion.

A timeless design, which is important given you'll ideally want to keep it forever. I bought a watch for my wedding that's now a point of minor internal conflict, as it's the obvious choice to cut from my current collection, but I feel bad letting it go because of that connection.
    I let mine - a GS - go some time ago. Bea was less than impressed (to put it mildly).

Blog Entries
    I let mine - a GS - go some time ago. Bea was less than impressed (to put it mildly).
    oh dear

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Nice choice.

If you buy a wedding watch be ready to keep it forever if you want to stay married.

I still have mine that was an engagement gift.

Zenith Rainbow Elite 670 – 1998
    39mm; 9mm thick. Model 02.0473.670

Craftsman
    Congratulations and hope the day goes well!

I’m getting married in a few months and already stressing about which watch I should wear.

Always liked the idea of buying a wedding watch but as others have said, has to be a classic keeper as tricky emotionally and politically to dispose. The datejust looks great! Another vote for the batons here.

Congratulations to you both on your forthcoming nuptials and of course your choice of His and Hers timepieces. :-)

Grand Master
    The watch is fine, but I question the logic; exchange of rings is sufficient in my opinion.

Associating 2 expensive watches with your wedding day may have drawbacks in the future, one or both may get bored with the watch and wish to change for something else, but the sentimental link with the wedding makes that difficult and you end up keeping the watch for the sake of keeping it. There may become a point where you could use the money and selling one or both watches would make sense, but again the sentimental tie makes it v. difficult to make what would otherwise be an easy decision.

I got married in 2015 and wore a bimetal Rolex Datejust, although it was a close call between that and a gold Omega Constellation. 7 years later I never wear the Rolex and I’d like to sell it, but the sentimental tie with the wedding makes it a tough decision so by default I just keep it. In hindsight I should’ve worn the Omega, that’s a watch I’ll never part with, I could put the money that the Rolex represents to better use at the moment too, but what should be an easy decision to sell is complicated by sentiment.

Weddings are special enough, trying to embellish the occasion with expensive trinkets is unnecessary and as I’ve pointed out can have drawbacks.

Lovely gesture and any decisions on potentially moving on these at a later date shouldn’t be much of a challenge with a successful marriage.

If things don’t turn out as hoped well that’ll arguably make the decision even easier…

Good luck and best wishes.

Great choices.

I am eagerly awaiting my blue motif dial Datejust albeit in 36mm though.

Congrats on the wedding.

There sure is a lot of high flutin' going on with that dial and bezel. Yes sireee.

And she’s now home with me after picking her up today!
    Compared to a sports model the bracelet tapers down very elegantly towards the clasp, size is great, doesn’t feel huge at 41mm and…..the dial! A really really lovely shade of blue with some depth to it due to the fluted motif pattern. I am chuffed!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful watch. Enjoy

Craftsman
    Congrats and a lovely pair of watches.

Really nice watches, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Very nice indeed - especially liking the blue face.

Acquaintance of mine wore a rather nice Chopard Mille Miglia. Bless his bride, who on their wedding day gifted him a Hugo Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The watch is fine, but I question the logic; exchange of rings is sufficient in my opinion.

Associating 2 expensive watches with your wedding day may have drawbacks in the future, one or both may get bored with the watch and wish to change for something else, but the sentimental link with the wedding makes that difficult and you end up keeping the watch for the sake of keeping it. There may become a point where you could use the money and selling one or both watches would make sense, but again the sentimental tie makes it v. difficult to make what would otherwise be an easy decision.

I got married in 2015 and wore a bimetal Rolex Datejust, although it was a close call between that and a gold Omega Constellation. 7 years later I never wear the Rolex and I’d like to sell it, but the sentimental tie with the wedding makes it a tough decision so by default I just keep it. In hindsight I should’ve worn the Omega, that’s a watch I’ll never part with, I could put the money that the Rolex represents to better use at the moment too, but what should be an easy decision to sell is complicated by sentiment.

Weddings are special enough, trying to embellish the occasion with expensive trinkets is unnecessary and as I’ve pointed out can have drawbacks.

Well, the exchange of rings is a relatively new thing as things go - traditionally only the woman had a ring - and Im not going to go down the route of why that was...

... my Father never wore a wedding ring, like very many men of his generation and most, if not all, men of the generation before.

I dont either ... I DO, however, very much enjoy the watch I got as my engagement present - and wore it at my wedding. I prefer the functional ticking trinket on my wrist to any inert circular trinket that could have been worn on my finger.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 24th November 2022 at 19:31. Reason: Bad punctuation!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post

Acquaintance of mine wore a rather nice Chopard Mille Miglia. Bless his bride, who on their wedding day gifted him a Hugo Boss.
    Awkward … are they still married?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Awkward … are they still married?
    Yes indeed they are - it was about 12 years ago now. He gently persuaded her that they should return the watch and buy her a pair of earrings as I recall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    And she’s now home with me after picking her up today!
    Compared to a sports model the bracelet tapers down very elegantly towards the clasp, size is great, doesn’t feel huge at 41mm and…..the dial! A really really lovely shade of blue with some depth to it due to the fluted motif pattern. I am chuffed!

Well done and congratulations. Both look superb!

Very nice pair of watches.

All the best for your wedding and married life.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Well, the exchange of rings is a relatively new thing as things go - traditionally only the woman had a ring - and Im not going to go down the route of why that was...

... my Father never wore a wedding ring, like very many men of his generation and most, if not all, men of the generation before.

I dont either ... I DO, however, very much enjoy the watch I got as my engagement present - and wore it at my wedding. I prefer the functional ticking trinket on my wrist to any inert circular trinket that could have been worn on my finger.
    Well, the exchange of engagement presents is also a new thing (if even one at all), traditionally the lady would get a ring, that's all. Seems just an excuse to buy a watch nowadays.

Rather cynical about all this, better wait 10, 25 years or whatever and celebrate if still together then.

Congratulations on all fronts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There are no rules these days, the bride and groom can make their own rules and I’m sure these watches will be cherished for a life time. They have wisely chosen classics that won’t date.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    There are no rules these days, the bride and groom can make their own rules and I’m sure these watches will be cherished for a life time. They have wisely chosen classics that won’t date.
    I'd be taking it back in for a service under warranty!