closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RSC Bangkok - Any Experiences?

RSC Bangkok - Any Experiences?

So, after two years and 22 world cities (not including airports) searching ADs for a replacement for my workhorse 1675, I've singularly failed to convince Rolex to take nearly £10k of my money for any SS sports model whatsoever. Actually, that's a slight exaggeration - Suvarnabhumi claimed they did have a Seadweller, but refused to even take it out of the storeroom to show me until I'd paid. Responses (as we all know) range from a polite 'no' to a hearty, scoffing laugh.

I do feel really lucky, however, that they've deigned to take £50 of my money for a new insert instead, at least. So, an ultrasonic bracelet bath and a credit card slipped under the bezel later, I have as close as I can get to a modern Rolex.

Anyhow, without being facetious, I do suspect another 40-50 years of service from the old girl will be required, so I figure I should get an RSC work-over done. However, I really only want a movement service/gasket change e.t.c. and nothing cosmetic done at all. Hence the question - anyone dealt with RSC Bangkok for vintage work? I know St James' are well-versed in this kind of work, but given the paucity of vintage I see in SE Asia I'm a bit worried Bangkok will be less sympathetic and I'll get a lumi-dialled and polished watch back. Appreciated TZ friends...

If you’re happy to take a short trip over to Hong Kong, I know a watchmaker who can do that kinda servicing for a reasonable sum.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtaelsgold View Post
    If you’re happy to take a short trip over to Hong Kong, I know a watchmaker who can do that kinda servicing for a reasonable sum.
    Hmm, I suspected RSC experience in the region would be sparse.

This would do the job, thanks a lot FT - might you PM details?