closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch Brexit promotion!?!?!?!

Master

Swatch Brexit promotion!?!?!?!

This popped up in my Facebook feed - apparently Swatch would like to cash in on all the fun and frivolity of Brexit with a Brexit themed (s)watch and guess the date game. Could this be the famously opaque Swiss sense of humour at work? Whether it is or not, I’m kind of stunned. But I suppose it has at least prompted me to post a link to their website so I guess it’s working, whatever they’re thinking.

Hah! Amazing way to capitalise on it. Great that you have a bit of a choice on the design too.

Master
    NB - I added exclamation and question marks to the thread title, much as you would add !? to a chess move that’s either brilliant or absolutely terrible, or is surprising but possibly in a suicidal way. Moser should be familiar with the concept. I guess if the intention was to make me click and discover that you can customise a Swatch by moving a picture around, it worked. But it also left me thinking, ‘Are you laughing at us Swatch? Because from here in the UK it’s not all that funny and I can think of a great place for you to stuff your watch!’

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    NB - I added exclamation and question marks to the thread title, much as you would add !? to a chess move that’s either brilliant or absolutely terrible, or is surprising but possibly in a suicidal way. Moser should be familiar with the concept. I guess if the intention was to make me click and discover that you can customise a Swatch by moving a picture around, it worked. But it also left me thinking, ‘Are you laughing at us Swatch? Because from here in the UK it’s not all that funny and I can think of a great place for you to stuff your watch!’
    And who said the Germans/Swiss had no sense of humour?

That is brilliant!

Needs humour in this pretty crap situation to highlight just how bad things have got.

Master
    The solution is a Perpetual Calendar....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The solution is a Perpetual Calendar....
    Or perhaps a Retrograde Date complication?

Retrograde
    /ˈrɛtrəɡreɪd/
    adjective
    directed or moving backwards.
    "a retrograde flow"
    synonyms: backward, backwards, reverse, rearward, directed backwards, retreating, retrogressive
    "the retrograde motion of the planets"
    reverting to an earlier and inferior condition.
    "to go back on the progress that has been made would be a retrograde step"
    synonyms: for the worse, regressive, negative, downhill, unwelcome, unprogressive; More

Master
    Blog Entries
    We are the laughing stock of Europe but I don’t think this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    But it also left me thinking, ‘Are you laughing at us Swatch? Because from here in the UK it’s not all that funny and I can think of a great place for you to stuff your watch!’
    No, this is Rolex only territory
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.