closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One night in Warsaw....

One night in Warsaw....

I tend to make flying visits to lots of EU cities for work, normally just a one night stay, and am always trying to whizz about and bag a few must-see things.
    It usually ends up (quickly) with me in a bar watching the works go by, then a restaurant for more of the same.

So, will be in Warsaw this Thursday, with a long evening to kill.
    Anything/where that is worth seeing/eating/drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    SEE The old town, taking into account most of the buildings have only stood since the 1950's as they rebuilt it after WW-II from old paintings, drawings etc.
    EAT Pierogi
    DRINK Wódka

As above, the reconstruction of the ‘Old’ Town is incredible considering the Nazis did their very best to raze the entire city to the ground - it has the Castle, Castle Square, Market Square & Sigismund’s Column in close proximity. Easy to see all at once and pleasant to walk around.

If you have enough light left in the evening time, the brutal-looking Palace of Culture & Science is still amongst Europe’s tallest buildings, with great views over the city.

And yes, vodka, lots of. There are apparently some old ‘Milk Bars’ left over from Communist times, but I never got a chance to visit one.

Master
    As above, the old town really is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Spent 7 weeks working in Warsaw last year, great city really enjoyed it .. old town is good but I think Warsaw is better than that, try the alchemist good food and cocktails etc also there is a gin/rum bar which is great but I can't remember the actual name of the place!!!! Uber is cheap and generally the drivers know the good spots.. be aware of strip bars a work colleague had a very large credit card bill!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app