closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: 'Business Pages'

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: 'Business Pages'

To date, I have never used Facebook or any of the other 'social networking' sites and have never at any point felt like I was missing out on anything I wanted to be part of. Taking photos of your food and/or posting photographs of your holiday are of no interest to me.
    I have, however, noticed that a lot (ie nearly all) of the small business around my local area use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as the principal way of marketing themselves, notifying special events and the like, meaning their websites have either out of date info, or no info at all on them worth knowing, or in most cases do not exist at all. This is starting to become more of a problem as I never know what is going on at my local pubs/eateries/events etc. I cannot see opening times, contact details etc as Facebook 'shuts you out' of most of the information unless you have an account.

At the risk of sounding like an technophobe, is this the way things are going?
    My nephews and nieces have all given up with Facebook ages ago, but from my perspective it seems to be getting far stronger now as a business marketing/notification tool.

Has anyone else noticed this switch from Website to Social Media?
    Is that the way things are going from a business marketing perspective?

I have always thought that the social media stuff is all a bit childish, but maybe that has moved on now...?

It’s not the way it’s going but has already gone.

The fastest way to get a response from most companies now is through their social media accounts.

Companies no longer need to employ people who know how to code websites, an in-turn can manage a social media account for peanuts.

Build a page with quotes! Now I read them on http://myqyotes.co/., but it would be easier to scroll them on social media!

Quote Originally Posted by R4iden View Post
    Build a page with quotes! Now I read them on http://myqyotes.co/., but it would be easier to scroll them on social media!
    Any idea if that will work on Tinder?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Twitter for business is great but would not consider FB for mine.

It’s been an extremely good and free recruiting forum

Pitch

Depends on the nature of your business, if you sold Legal services then an Instagram page isn’t going to do much for you.
    B2B then you do not need Facebook(but you need a Facebook page for a business Instagram account)
    Selling things that are visually interesting then instagram is a good idea but you need regular content.

In short ‘it depends’

Thank you all for the opinions.
    It is interesting to see that the use of Facebook as a business tool is not quite as clear-cut as it might initially appear, which is what I initially suspected.

I have no idea what I am doing on Facebook, but it seems like I may have to investigate a bit further and learn as I go along to see if I can make some use of it.

If it wasn't for the business I would have left Facebook years ago however that side of it has been fantastic for us. Our page has been set up since day one and it's grown organically really since then.
    We have around 500 followers who have liked our pages and we periodically update with interesting jobs, stolen vehicles, anything of interest in the Land Rover world.
    We also use their paid advertising option not to necessarily get work but to simply spread our name.
    We haven't done this for a while but we can select our target area by simply dropping a pin and expanding over a given area, select the age group, their interests.....really target to the people who may be interested rather than bombarding thousands of random people.
    We set a limit of £1 a day over the month and by the end we've generally generated several hundred engagements, new clicks and likes.
    For the money I don't think there's any other platform that can get your name directly to the people that are interested.

We were advertising with yell.com but have now left. Our experience of them has been appalling, they promise the earth whilst delivering absolutely nothing. They lied through their back teeth about advertising positions, never advised us that we would be shifted down the listing if someone came in and took up the adjacent area, this is after paying a premium to be top. I guess we all learn from our mistakes....never again.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 28th May 2019 at 10:17.

Apprentice

Facebook for business

We sell mens clothing and FB is invaluable. You can target age, gender, what people have expressed an interest in. This linked to Instagram as well so can generate quite a bit of footfall. It's a yes from me.

Use social media merely to promote publication / website.

Journeyman
    You comment on others, they comment on you. Do not be afraid to leave your messages under the posts of promoted users and famous people. If you write interestingly and in essence it will even increase your popularity. Usually, those you subscribe to subscribe to will subscribe to you in return. Their followers become available to your posts, which leads to an increased audience.
    This takes a lot of time, so I use the service https://instagrowing.net/buy-10000-instagram-followers . As a result, more than 10,000 followers have signed up for me.
    Last edited by Derrils; 26th July 2019 at 10:34.