closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone own both the Tudor GMT and Tudor Black Bay Blue, if so I have a question.

Does anyone own both the Tudor GMT and Tudor Black Bay Blue, if so I have a question.

If there's anyone on here who owns a Tudor GMT, I have a question comparing the GNT to the Black Bay Blue, is the GMT exactly the same size case in thickness and lug shape?

I have every non-date Black Bay apart from the blue and DLC version. From a quick look against a COSC version to my GMT, I'm going to say yes, the case is the same - but the underside of case/lugs is slightly chamfered on the GMT, which makes it look a little different when you look at it side on.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I have every non-date Black Bay apart from the blue and DLC version. From a quick look against a COSC version to my GMT, I'm going to say yes, the case is the same - but the underside of case/lugs is slightly chamfered on the GMT, which makes it look a little different when you look at it side on.
    Thanks, wonder if that affects how it sots on the wrist then? Sit a little closer perhaps?

Master
    To be honest same case except for the chamfered edges on BB GMT, wear very similar, I can't say I have noticed any difference when wearing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Thanks, wonder if that affects how it sots on the wrist then? Sit a little closer perhaps?
    I don't think it would sit any differently. It's quite a subtle difference, and only visual.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I don't think it would sit any differently. It's quite a subtle difference, and only visual.
    Ok thanks for the info, its appreciated.

Journeyman
    My son tried both on last week, 18th birthday coming up. Both sat similar on the wrist but he and me both preferred the black bay blue as the face is deeper set under the glass on the blue than the GMT. GMT looked great as well it was just our preference.

Master
    As mentioned, same case but the chamfer on the bottom makes a substantial visual difference. My friend has the bb blue and putting on my GMT commented instantly it looks thinner. The chamber is about 2mm but also has a good curve to it giving it a more wrist fitting look. It’s a small change that does make a big difference.

Agree with the above. Dimensions wise, there’s nothing in it really but the lack of chamfer and “maxi” dial make the BB seem chunkier than the GMT. On the wrist, I don’t notice that much difference in weight, it’s only a visual thing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree with the above. Dimensions wise, there’s nothing in it really but the lack of chamfer and “maxi” dial make the BB seem chunkier than the GMT. On the wrist, I don’t notice that much difference in weight, it’s only a visual thing.
    Good shout regarding bigger dial details. The GMT has smaller hour plots and thinner hands.