closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yema Superman Heritage Bronze

Master

Yema Superman Heritage Bronze

I wondered what peoples thoughts are on this one - the Yema Superman Heritage Bronze which will shortly be on Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vkq6oWQUlE6haA

It uses their own in-house movement and I wondered if anyone has any experience with this?

Master
    I like the look, a lot. With the dark blue dial there’s a hint of the Oris Carl Brashear about it. I do hope they follow through on the sub-40mm option too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    I like the look, a lot. With the dark blue dial there’s a hint of the Oris Carl Brashear about it. I do hope they follow through on the sub-40mm option too.

Well the draft campaign is up and both 39 and 41mm options are identified so it seems almost certain that they’ll be offering both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not another bron.....wait! This one is actually really nice! Very nice indeed.

Master
    I’ll be signing up. Looks fabulous

Craftsman
    That's fantastic. Love the blue dial.

Speaking of Yema I have managed to snag a Black dial GMT Spacegraf a lot of watch for not a lot of money and fabulous packaging.

Yema is back! Timeless design, 3 quality straps, stunning packaging and an in-house caliber!

Love mine!

I only recently discovered the steel version and it's definitely on my want list, prefer this to the bronze, the bracelet looks great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post
    Yema is back! Timeless design, 3 quality straps, stunning packaging and an in-house caliber!

Love mine!

Yeah they're a nice looking watch. I've had a couple of the vintage ones down the years(when you could get them for buttons) and held onto an 80's quartz example(the mechanical ones I had never seemed to last long between services). What always impressed me was how slim a case they had for their depth rating. Interesting how these new ones went with their 80's design cases dials and hands(though they kept the 70's seconds hand) rather than the 60's/70's, which would be where the vintage collectors would have the most interest. Personally I prefer the later look. It looks very nice in bronze too. Good to see some French names come back. They always had quirky and interesting designs compared to the Swiss. LIP another one. Mortima might be next. :)

Master
    In case anyone is interested I've just reserved my number for when this launches.

If you go on live chat with them, they'll get you to sign up to their privilege club - then if you tell them the numbers you're interested in they let you know if they're still available - and then reserve whichever one you chose.

Journeyman
    nice retro feel

Blog Entries
    Really nice…. We should have TZers buddying up and getting the two watch option!

Would only wear it on the blue nato I think

Tempting…. Too tempting!

I’m not sure about the bronze, but I ve just bought a stainless Heritage Superman and whilst it’s still very early days, I’m loving it so far.

Here's a quick wrist shot of My Spacegraf GMT,

Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post

Love mine!

That is lovely👍

Master
    Did anyone else on here back the campaign on Kickstarter - so far 416 have.

I went for the 41mm in the end - although I must confess I an concerned about the 52mm lug to lug

Journeyman
    This popped up in an email from Kickstarter the other day. By coincidence I'd just had a look at the bronze BB a few weeks ago, trying it on. The larger size was the only thing stopping me buying on the spot, so when this turned up..I backed the 39mm version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Did anyone else on here back the campaign on Kickstarter - so far 416 have.

I went for the 41mm in the end - although I must confess I an concerned about the 52mm lug to lug
    I signed up for the 39mm a couple of days ago. They’re well beyond the threshold so fingers crossed for delivery in October

Thanks for the heads-up on this. It's looks to be an absolute stunner, so I'm in for the 39mm version. Love the look of bronze, but not the patina (not on a watch at least), so I'll be periodically removing the patina as it develops. Every method of removal that I've seen involves baking powder and at least a little bit of elbow grease, which worries me as I'd prefer not to damage the brushed finish if I can avoid it. Does anyone know of a 'preventative' method that can be applied 'from new'?

Gary

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on this. It's looks to be an absolute stunner, so I'm in for the 39mm version. Love the look of bronze, but not the patina (not on a watch at least), so I'll be periodically removing the patina as it develops. Every method of removal that I've seen involves baking powder and at least a little bit of elbow grease, which worries me as I'd prefer not to damage the brushed finish if I can avoid it. Does anyone know of a 'preventative' method that can be applied 'from new'?

Gary
    On their Facebook page for this launch a question as asked about the type of bronze being used - and they said it was not the normal CuSn8 but their own developed one that avoids going green.

Here is an article on how you can accelerate and reverse the Patina process https://www.fratellowatches.com/bron...atina-project/

You might also find this of help https://www.everbritecoatings.com/ho...al_picture.htm

Journeyman
    Mine turned up on Monday, but I've been too busy at work to take more than a peek inside the box. Hopefully I'll be home at a reasonable time today to switch straps ready to wear.

Only the steel, but must say that Yema were totally new to me, and am loving the vintage-ness of them.
    So lookers in the range too, and decent price pre-owned..... happy with!

Not got mine yet but 98% certain I am selling as had quite a few recent watch purchases to justify plus it was a bit of a wine purchase as never really bonded with previous bronze watches

Be interested in seeing these when they start to land. Was tempted by the KS but never backed it in the end...

Journeyman
    Here’s mine. Wearing it today. I got the 39mm version that fits nicely under a shirt cuff.

Craftsman
    To be honest i like big watches, the bronze gives significant wrist presence,blue contrast ...very nice ,😐

Bet the bezel insert doesn’t line up with the 12hr marker..... same as my Superman heritage

Looks like a nice watch to me. At the KS price, a good buy.