closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Removing Tudor Black Bay bracelet

Apprentice

Removing Tudor Black Bay bracelet

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the thread.

Any tips on removing the bracelet of a Tudor Black Bay? Just bought a Bergeon 6767 with the fine tips and I've not had much luck. I've seen on other forums that the Bergeon 7825s tweezers are better but I don't want to spend £120 just to remove the bracelet

Any help appreciated.

Just removed mine using an eBay special - try typing in 6825.The Chinese will send you a close copy of the bergeon at a fraction of the price(£18-25 delivered).The tips aren't brilliant but pick one that comes with a pack of different tips.Hope this helps.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve always just used a fine precision screwdriver, flathead, and taped off the lugs so i don’t scratch them to buggery.

Popped the straps of my BB Chrono and BB Steel without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Just removed mine using an eBay special - try typing in 6825.The Chinese will send you a close copy of the bergeon at a fraction of the price(£18-25 delivered).The tips aren't brilliant but pick one that comes with a pack of different tips.Hope this helps.

I'll do that - thanks.

OP, I'm interested too so let me know which one you go for - cheers

No problem.Went and checked eBay and you can get them for £10 delivered now! Although I am unsure description wise how many tips you get....Remember the multi tip options are all various sizes to suit different watches.Another option is to get genuine bergeon tips of the correct size and these cost about £14 I think...pair them with the eBay special and you're fully sorted.Let me know how you get on.

How exactly do you use these?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    How exactly do you use these?
    https://youtu.be/DPxoFfWLX2o

Similar to this I guess.

I have the Bergeon 7825 and still didn't find it that easy! Must be my failing vision....

Rolex and Tudor end links are quite tight with very slim slots. I normal sand the forks down a little to help.

Whilst you can get a bracelet off without the tweezers, I find it very hard to reattach with a single sided tool because the tight fit prevents you getting over side in without the other side being nearly home too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F252476371624

This no use? One end is very fine.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I never had a problem with the 6767 fine tip? Release one end while gently pushing up the end link from underneath. This stops the bar springing back in the hole.

Repeat with the other end while maintaining gentle upward pressure. Both ends should be clear and the link just lifts out.

I used to change it all the time from NATO to bracelet. This was the old ETA version but I think the bracelet is the same.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I never had a problem with the 6767 fine tip? Release one end while gently pushing up the end link from underneath. This stops the bar springing back in the hole.

Repeat with the other end while maintaining gentle upward pressure. Both ends should be clear and the link just lifts out.

I used to change it all the time from NATO to bracelet. This was the old ETA version but I think the bracelet is the same.
    Maybe it's my bad technique but I couldn't get the spring bar out

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Maybe it's my bad technique but I couldn't get the spring bar out
    It takes practice. Depending on the watch it can be quite tricky and take time to master. Keep at it! :)

In my (limited) experience, removing the bracelet is much easier than getting it back on again!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quick update - I've finally been able to remove the bracelet using the Chinese 'Rolex' tweezers off ebay:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-ROLEX...frcectupt=true

Getting the bracelet off was easy enough with the tool but I reverted back to using the Bergeon with the point side to get the bracelet back in. Took me ages to figure it out but got there eventually.