closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Everest new bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    That looks perfect Bob

Eddie - is it too late to change to this design?
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's not too late until it goes to production, what were you thinking?

Eddie
    Bobs design looks the perfect answer, stylish, unique and with the added bonus of the therapeutic affect of niggling chronic pain reduction a free issue to BP regulars would undoubtedly lift the mood of the forum. Its a win/win scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    How would this aid those, like me, who have arthritis in our right hand or fingers but wear our watches on our left wrists?

Surly this is discrimination!
    That's a very good point.

Bob - I think that you have made a major design error here.

Looks like its back to the drawing board for you on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Maybe offer an option for arthritic watch collectors to purchase an additional strap with their watch ? :-)

I think an acceptable solution is to supply the watch with a pair of these bracelets and a connector. For non sufferers this would merely be a spare bracelet, but an arthritic WIS afflicted on the right side, or indeed a double wrist sufferer, would merely wear both connected together. The connector (still at the design stage) would run invisibly underneath shirt sleeves, in contact with the skin, and could also relieve any pain in the arm, shoulders and neck. A win, win, win, win solution.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Let me see if I have got this...

You are suggesting wearing the new anti-arthritic Everest watch and strap combination on the left wrist and an anti-arthritic strap, but with out an Everest, on the right?

With some sort of wire thingy connecting the two?

Journeyman

You are suggesting wearing the new anti-arthritic Everest watch and strap combination on the left wrist and an anti-arthritic strap, but with out an Everest, on the right?
    Connected inside ones shirt with a long copper wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rough idea when the watch will be available ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

With some sort of wire thingy connecting the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post
    Connected inside ones shirt with a long copper wire

That's it, albeit in layman's terms. It's much more technical than that. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    That's it, albeit in layman's terms. It's much more technical than that. ;-)
    Genius.

Master
    How would this aid those, like me, who have arthritis in our right hand or fingers but wear our watches on our left wrists?

Surly this is discrimination!
    Perhaps you could run a spur from the left wrist to the right? A bit like those mittens that kids have.

It's just an idea, Eddie may not Like it, I've heard he can be a bit funny about things like that.

Journeyman

Question Is there any news on the version C?

Just got these phone pictures from the manufacturer and I'll have the physical samples next week when I can take better pictures. The hand size hasn't yet been adjusted, that will take place when it moves to manufacture.

Eddie
    Is there any news on the version C?

Dear Eddie,
    is there any possibility that your manufacturer will implement a clasp folding mechanism like the one in the following picture (IMHO it is at the same vintage look with improved robustness) ?

Thanks

Apprentice
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to catch up on all of the "updates" that will be on the new white-dialed version of this watch. Am I correct that both white-dialed versions will have the new bracelet, new handset, and the non-date movement?

And if that is correct, will the next run of black-dialed watches also have these three updates?

Thanks in advance. Still trying to decide between the two colors, and anxiously awaiting the prototype of the other white dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I’d like to suggest/request that the new bracelet’s end-link is female, not male (ie with a recessed centre section, as in the current 36mm bracelet, and not a protruding centre section (as in the current 40mm bracelet). This detail gives a better hang from the 2nd link onwards.
    It would also be better if the bracelet could have cut-out hinged pieces (as in the current bracelets) rather than what looks like pressed steel pieces (in the given photos above).
    These suggestions would retain very good features of the current 36mm’s bracelet.
    The dimensions of the proposed riveted bracket are much better.
    Sorry for the comments, but it will make what we’re eagerly waiting for even better.
    For the avoidance of confusion when communicating with my manufacturer, can you let me have a side-by-side sketch showing it as it is and how you would like it to be? Doesn't have to be a work of art.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

For the avoidance of confusion when communicating with my manufacturer, can you let me have a side-by-side sketch showing it as it is and how you would like it to be? Doesn't have to be a work of art.

Eddie

I will leave the floor to Stuart to better specify, but as far as I understand is what your manufacturer has initially drawn, I mean the part in the red rectangle in the picture below, and with the female end link on the same plane of the bracelet (no end link protruding), like the one in the Meraud watch pictured below.

And please if you could also address the clasp folding mechanism issue as per my post here above, thanks.

That looks perfect Bob

Eddie - is it too late to change to this design?
    If it isn't too late, how about swapping the jewels in the movement for healing crystals?

Apprentice
    Just got these phone pictures from the manufacturer and I'll have the physical samples next week when I can take better pictures. The hand size hasn't yet been adjusted, that will take place when it moves to manufacture.

Eddie
    Sir Eddie, I know im in the wrong thread but will you make this dial on the 2nd batch on the black dial version. Thanks!
    Last edited by blackdog1378; 22nd May 2019 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    If it isn't too late, how about swapping the jewels in the movement for healing crystals?
    This is a great idea

Over you to Eddie

Eddie
    Thank you, Eddie.
    What Engi has illustrated below your last post is what I mean, if possible. What we’d like is that the centre section of the SEL is recessed, and not protruding beyond the sections on either side of it. Thank you, Engi. (I’m travelling at present without means to draw or scan.)
    Stuart
    Last edited by Stuart; 22nd May 2019 at 21:52.

The way that the bracelet fits to the end pieces means that the bracelet fits better on a smaller wrist.

Eddie
    Eddie, this is what you yourself said (#76 on the 'update' thread) about the bracelet design on the 36mm black-dialled Everest - and I believe that, not for the first time, you were right!

Banned
    Female end link centre doesn't look as good. Can usually see right down into the first link centre. Having it male can make the watch seem a touch larger, which is good on a small watch like this.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Female end link centre doesn't look as good. Can usually see right down into the first link centre. Having it male can make the watch seem a touch larger, which is good on a small watch like this.
    The female end link will mean the bracelet will fit more wrists and sit flatter on most, I think it’s a good idea as it doesn’t change the aesthetics drastically.

Just make it like the 1016...

The female end link will mean the bracelet will fit more wrists and sit flatter on most, I think it’s a good idea as it doesn’t change the aesthetics drastically.

It doesnt need to be made to look larger. If anyone finds it too small then they ought to buy a bigger design.

How many watches have a female SEL though? I did a quick look through the usual suspects and they all had male SEL? My search was not exhaustive however.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiej View Post
    How many watches have a female SEL though? I did a quick look through the usual suspects and they all had male SEL? My search was not exhaustive however.

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever but an example of a female SEL bracelet would be the Sumo and (along with the curved lugs) it certainly helps what is a big watch (52mm lug to lug) wrap around the wrist surprisingly well. So, very helpful for bigger watches but not so necessary for smaller ones. That said, I find the lugs on the '25' a little on the long side, making it wear bigger than it needs to.

Journeyman
    It doesnt need to be made to look larger. If anyone finds it too small then they ought to buy a bigger design.
    I never said it did mate, I think it’s 36mm for a reason, there are too many big watches as it is.

I just think it’ll fit my flat wrist better with a female end link.

My BB58 has female SEL having now had a look at my small watch collection... So I clearly didn't look hard enough! Excited to see the new Everest, whatever end links it has!

I never said it did mate, I think it’s 36mm for a reason, there are too many big watches as it is.

+1

I was agreeing with you in your reference to the other posters comments.

Journeyman
    I was agreeing with you in your reference to the other posters comments.
    Let’s agree to agree then.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    I stand ready to be corrected on this, but after hundreds and hundreds of comments on the existing 36mm black faced Everest over various threads, I think that this is the first time anyone has commented adversely on the end link design. I'm not in any way objecting to James voicing his opinion on it, but I'd be very surprised if the vast majority of owners are not happy with it.

I think it was a good decision by Eddie to make that call on the endlinks. Only Eddie will know the position, but I suspect and would like to think that what has come back from the manufacturer this time doesn't represent a specific change of heart by Eddie, but is just how the manufacturer's rivetted bracelets are normally done.

As others have said, the Everest doesn't need to look any bigger than it is. Just buy the 40mm version if that's what you want!

Given how upset people were that the position of the disc of lume on the seconds hand was not exactly as on the 1016, I'm surprised to see such enthusiasm for an endlink choice that is the reverse of the 1016.

By the way, the lug to lug of 36mm case is 43.5mm.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 23rd May 2019 at 12:34.

Banned
    Wind yer neck in it's only my opinion.

And no I won't scurry off and buy the 40mm or black 36mm. I want the white 36mm because it's a better thought out watch and has a no date movement.

I've spoken with the manufacturer and the clasp can be changed and the endpieces can change sex.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Good news.

My preference is for a female endpiece and as slim a clasp as possible.

Good news.

All the new clasps will each be hand-crafted from a 200 gramme billet of stainless steel.

Eddie

Good news.

That's all very well Ian, but what about the bracelet ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's all very well Ian, but what about the bracelet ;-)

Good call, I'd forgotten all about that.

Didn't Bob design a copper version or something like that?

Master
    Fwiw, I prefer a female end link too a la 14270 / Tudor BB36.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've spoken with the manufacturer and the clasp can be changed and the endpieces can change sex.

Eddie

Great news Eddie, both for the female end pieces and for the more robust internal folded mechanism clasp !

Thanks a lot

Journeyman
    Have the hands been decided on yet? I would be interested to know what you guys think about a change in second hand as well as the change in minute and hour hand.

A similar second hand to the explorer 1016 with a lume pip pulled down so it just touches the bottom of the 12 o’clock triangle and a longer counter balance. I’ve attached a couple of images and marked in red where the lume pip should be.

I don’t want an exact replica of the Rolex, I just think it’s a good looking hand set and especially love the second hand.

Eddie
    Thank you, Eddie. I much appreciate the prospect of gender-reassignment.

Craftsman

Eddie
    Please could you ask him if he is able to supply a different clasp for the original 36mm Everest with the fat ratcheting clasp, that would fit the existing bracelet ?

Thanks !

Bracelet in female construction but please be reminded that we will have to adjust the lug hole position on the case in order to provide more room for the endlink attachment with a spring bar going through the first middle male link and the endlink.
    It means that this bracelet will not be matching with old batch of PRS-25.
    And same that the previous bracelet will not be fitting into new batch of PRS-25
    Eddie

Doesn't bother me.

It may a few others though!

Ok for me I will buy the new batch PRS-25 black dial watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Ok for me I will buy the new batch PRS-25 black dial watch.
    That's what I have in mind.

The new bracelet will fit the old 36mm watch surely as that already has a female SEL?

It’s not ok for me and many others who participated in the gestation of this watch, bought the initial release, and professed a willingness to pay for (to us) a more suitable bracelet.
    F.T.F.A.

It’s not ok for me and many others who participated in the gestation of this watch, bought the initial release, and professed a willingness to pay for (to us) a more suitable bracelet.
    But I've also asked for clasps in the same style as that fitted to the new bracelet but in 18mm, to fit the current bracelet. Cheaper than buying a new bracelet.

Eddie

But I've also asked for clasps in the same style as that fitted to the new bracelet but in 18mm, to fit the current bracelet. Cheaper than buying a new bracelet.

Eddie

That’ll be good news for some, but the taper to 16mm and rivetted style are more important for me. I knew when I bought the watch that I’d never wear it on the supplied bracelet. Que sera sera...
    Last edited by magirus; 24th May 2019 at 15:45.
    F.T.F.A.

That’ll be good news for some, but the taper to 16mm and rivetted style are more important for me. I knew when I bought the watch that I’d never wear it on the supplied bracelet. Que sera sera...
    I would have to order 300 of the riveted bracelet tapering to 16mm to fit the current version and I don't think everyone who bought it will want a new bracelet. A different clasp is the best I can do.

Eddie