closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BMW Apple Car Play

Journeyman

BMW Apple Car Play

Collecting my X3 this week. I see that Android Auto isn't supported.

I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 8 but coincidentally I'm due an upgrade.

Should I switch to an iPhone?

Any experience of using an android phone with a BMW or opinions on the above gratefully received.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

I have no experience of using CarPlay. I have seen the BMW implementation in the news this week due to an outage in ConnectedDrive.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/10/bmw-carplay-outage/

You need a ConnectedDrive subscription to use CarPlay in a BMW.

https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk...e/Base_CarPlay

You have to pay to connect your iPhone to use free features...What a rip off!

£295 for unlimited access. I would
    Expect that to be thrown in if I was purchasing a new BMW especially the new Z4 I have been looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 17 plate X3. Purchased a subscription to Deezer through Connected Drive, £180 premium for 12 months. This allows me to stream through the car without connecting any device.

Not sure I’m going to renew though, I’ll just use Bluetooth from my iPhone, or load the HDD with music.

I can use some connected apps from my iPhone such as TuneIn radio that I can control from the vehicle, not sure if this is only possible with a subscription though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarPlay is now a subscription service on BMW cars so you’ll need to pay annually. I have an older car and don’t have CarPlay so I don’t know what I’m missing but I’d certainly not entertain the idea of having to pay for something that most other car manufacturers give for free!

Master
    I paid a one off fee for car play and I use it for Waze mainly. I use Deezer on connected drive because it is free and uses the car data rather than my phones data.
    You can get car play activated using an after market coder for much less.

Looking at the link posted, subscribing to all their 'ConnectedDrive services' would cost a small fortune. MS Office, music, real-time traffic, map-updates etc. All probably on the phone anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Looking at the link posted, subscribing to all their 'ConnectedDrive services' would cost a small fortune. MS Office, music, real-time traffic, map-updates etc. All probably on the phone anyway.
    Connected Drive is free with a new vehicle- it is with mine anyway and has been with my last three BMWs- all subscriptions have lasted 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Connected Drive is free with a new vehicle- it is with mine anyway and has been with my last three BMWs- all subscriptions have lasted 3 years
    Do you get all of the services free too?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Do you get all of the services free too?
    I have everything except Microsoft Office and the Concierge Service.

Most are until 2022 although Deezer is only free for a year.