closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster advice

Craftsman

Omega Seamaster advice

New to here and fairly new to watches, been wearing one my whole adult life but never fully appreciated them until fairly recently
    I am in India just now and seen the omega seamaster 300m blue wavy dial in ethos watches, after discount it comes in at £2950, a grand cheaper than in the UK.
    Seen a lot of talk on here regarding discounts in the UK and was wondering if after discount any UK dealer would be able to match that price, and at what price should you be aiming to pick it up at in Britain.
    Watch was brand new.
    Thanks in advance.

You should be able to beat them down to 2850-60

Had mine for over 15 years. It was my first serious watch and still a regular wear. It's a classic design.

Master
    Think I saw Mark Worthington selling the latest model for £3.2K.

Master
    Ignore.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    New to here and fairly new to watches, been wearing one my whole adult life but never fully appreciated them until fairly recently
    I am in India just now and seen the omega seamaster 300m blue wavy dial in ethos watches, after discount it comes in at £2950, a grand cheaper than in the UK.
    Seen a lot of talk on here regarding discounts in the UK and was wondering if after discount any UK dealer would be able to match that price, and at what price should you be aiming to pick it up at in Britain.
    Watch was brand new.
    Thanks in advance.

need to be exact with which seamaster model. The current Stainless steel bracelet SMP300 is around £3600, so I don't know where you getting £1000 cheaper at £2950.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    need to be exact with which seamaster model. The current Stainless steel bracelet SMP300 is around £3600, so I don't know where you getting £1000 cheaper at £2950.
    Price went up the beginning of May

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-S...ch/p/17331438/

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    WOW, that's steep increase. We all new the SMP300 was a bargain for what it was at the old price....

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    You should be able to beat them down to 2850-60
    Surely there's no need to get physical?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I do like the SMP 300, I wear mine much more than I wear my Submariner.

Craftsman
    Don’t forget the vintage Seamasters. They have charm too. Use the search function and look up the Seamaster Soccertimer for some inspiration :)

Master
    You would also be wise to factor in the additional cost of VAT, import duty/tax etc if bringing it back to the UK. Please don't think I'm being preachy, food for thought is all

Master
    There’s a good point raised about the older Seamasters. As far as I’m aware anything James Bond franchise or 2254.50 is Super luminova so there’s no risk of Lume fade. The 2254.50 is a modern classic and in top nick boxed and papered would be more more than 2k, probably less. It’s Lume is legendary.
    You could almost get a 2254.50 and a Seamaster Diver Chrono for £3200. But new you will get the ceramic bezels and co axial if that matters. Personally I’d be in for a pair of well sourced 2nd hand Seamasters