closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Am I a flipper now?

Am I a flipper now?

I got this lovely Oris on Thursday evening, watch is perfect and I love.

And then very next day I am browsing chrono24 and I spot quite unusual Omega De Ville. I consider De Ville from 2000-2010 as one of the prettiest dress watches and I owned GMT version couple of years ago. So, I am looking at this watch and I am understand that there is something different from De Ville I had - it has a Pie Pan dial!

Of course there were De Ville's with Pie Pan dials, but these were limited edition ones in yellow or white gold cases, but this one is steel and does not have a date. I sent photos and serial number to Omega service center and asked what they think. Apparently everything checks out - it is a limited edition model for Japan market, not sold in Europe, no wonder I did not know that something like this exists. Fast forward one day - Oris now is spoken for my friend and Omega is now on hold waiting payment.

Does it makes me a flipper now?

I don’t do dress watches.
    Especially with roman numerals.
    And certainly not on bracelet.

But if I did that Omega would be pukka, the bees knees etc what the Brits say.
    Lovely, good score and congrats!

And no.
    One quick catch & release does not a flipper make.
    But you have it in you to become one!

I see a blue dial for sale today on another forum, its on a strap . Quite like the look of these and reasonable price, I thought that they only did a new 'pie pan' on the first Co axial ,George Daniels ltd edition .

Nice watch and those bracelets look the biz.

It seems to be the way, that just as you buy a watch another that you really like or wanted for ages comes along. There like bloody buses!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    I see a blue dial for sale today on another forum, its on a strap . Quite like the look of these and reasonable price, I thought that they only did a new 'pie pan' on the first Co axial ,George Daniels ltd edition .

Nice watch and those bracelets look the biz.

It seems to be the way, that just as you buy a watch another that you really like or wanted for ages comes along. There like bloody buses!
    That’s what I always thought that pie pan dials were only on first limited edition gold watches. I guess Japan market holds a lot of surprises.

Master
    Don't like the watch but do like that style of bracelet.

Yes you are, next stage... serial flipper.

I actually quite like that Omega and feel you did the right thing. Now if you flip that Omega you might be on your way to being a flipper. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Possibility to flip omega anytime soon is quite slim, because of it is supposed to be for my other half.

But you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Possibility to flip omega anytime soon is quite slim, because of it is supposed to be for my other half.

But you never know
    You flipped your watch for a watch for your missus? Sounds like you're a true gent.

Don’t know about gent part, I tried to convince her for years that she needs new watch and finally she caved in.

Master
    You're a pre Brexit flipper not a post Brexit speculator.

An attractive watch made of bits I hate in other watches 🤔
    No date is a real bonus

I'd have flipped for it too
    Gray