closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Daytona 116519s?

Journeyman

Thoughts on Daytona 116519s?

Still trying to decide on my next watch and have been dribbling over a few ss Daytonas recently but have also noticed a few 116519 white gold daytonas on leather straps hanging around. At around 13-14k they seem like quite good value to me but I am a bit dubious about why they are not worth more??

Are these not very popular for any particular reason? Is this not a sensible place to stick that kind of money compared to similar priced options like ss daytonas?

All opinions appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Great watch, I would have this model again if I wanted another Daytona. I personally think it looks classy on the black croc strap with deployant clasp, and find the white gold quite subtle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I wish I could sell a 116519 on a leather strap for that kind of money.

In my experience not an easy watch to sell - proceed with caution.

Genuine straps are a few hundred pounds, FYI.

Bezels are often worn, the soft metal making them especially prone to suffer.

Service will be circa £1,000 so ask if it has been done recently or haggle hard. Glass cannot usually be replaced without incurring a service, so see that you are happy with it, carefully.

I think you'll be disappointed if you go ahead. I can't think of many who have bought one and kept it for long.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 18th May 2019 at 17:20.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

Genuine straps are a few hundred pounds, FYI.

Bezels are often worn, the soft metal making them especially prone to suffer.

Service will be circa £1,000 so ask if it has been done recently or haggle hard. Glass cannot usually be replaced without incurring a service, so see that you are happy with it, carefully.

I think you'll be disappointed if you go ahead. I can't think of many who have bought one and kept it for long.
    Thanks for the information. I had somewhat similar concerns with regards to how hard it might be to sell these as they seem to vary in price quite dramatically. That being said, it may be wishful thinking but if someone was offering a decent one at around 10k I feel it would be a good purchase at that point. There aren't too many around though and I haven't seen one go quite that low before.

Guess my never ending search for my next watch continues!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

Do you have any idea why, Haywood? Seems like it has many of the advantages of a steel Daytona, whilst being rarer (I presume), having a few interesting dial variations, and being 'a bit different' - which is usually an attractive prospect for watch collectors.

Certainly seems good value considering the price of many, more ordinary Rolexes these days.