closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying "New" From Chrono24?

Buying "New" From Chrono24?

Hi All,

I've been looking to pick up a Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005 and have been turned off using an AD due to the recent price increase.

There are a number of dealers selling them "unworn" on Chrono24, all of which have assured me that they come with stamped papers from a European AD, the full manufacturer warranty, all the accessories and boxes etc. They are around £150 cheaper than the price I was able to negotiate an AD down to, and from my understanding the watch I'd be getting would be untouched rather than an ex-display like if I bought from an AD. The two cheapest dealers I could find were Your Luxury Time LTD and Guardian of time.

I'm wondering:

= Has anyone used either of these dealers? While both have a 99% feedback rating and hundreds of high Trustpilot reviews, finding people talking about them on forums is hard.

= Is there anywhere else/better I could source the watch I want from?

= Considerations on buying a watch like this from a grey in general?

Would appreciate some guidance from those in the know.

Thanks.

Craftsman
    Always worth giving Dominic from Hackett Watches an email. He gave me a good price and service on an Omega a few months ago and im waiting delivery of a Grand Seiko Diver from him as well. Will be from a UK AD as well which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Personally I would try a UK source like Iconic Watches. Most of their Omegas are 20% less than RRP and they have a good reputation

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Always worth giving Dominic from Hackett Watches an email. He gave me a good price and service on an Omega a few months ago and im waiting delivery of a Grand Seiko Diver from him as well. Will be from a UK AD as well which is a bonus.

Thanks for the responses, I'll take a look.

Is it odd that no one seems to know about these big Chrono24 sellers or am I being paranoid?

They are pretty prolific gray sellers. If your concerned, there are other grey dealers on there like watches of mayfair who you can pay a 10% deposit on cc and then visit their shop to inspect and pay.

I would also suggest you find the watch, then rather than connecting via crono 24 you call them direct as you can get better pricing - provided they are established or have an actual store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    They are pretty prolific gray sellers. If your concerned, there are other grey dealers on there like watches of mayfair who you can pay a 10% deposit on cc and then visit their shop to inspect and pay.

I would also suggest you find the watch, then rather than connecting via crono 24 you call them direct as you can get better pricing - provided they are established or have an actual store.

I'm not concerned really, mainly just doing a final check to see if there is any reason I should be concerned. When you say prolific, prolific and trusted? GOT have 400+ excellent/great reviews on Trustpilot, and only three or four bad ones, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Either way I intend to buy direct from their site as their Chrono24 pricing has gone up for whatever reason.

I did see Watches of Mayfair, while they offer competitive pricing on a lot of watches unfortunately their Speedmaster prices are within 0.5% of what the AD offered me.

Master
    I have spoken to Guardian of Time last year when trying to source a watch and they seemed fine - can’t vouch for them as I never bought in the end.

I use Chrono24 to find watches and then make contact and purchase directly. I have one being delivered from Spain tomorrow (fingers crossed all ok, but again a seller with good online reputation), and have done so twice before from European sellers in the past year

This is also where the protection of a credit card is worth its weight in Omega.

Personally I would not worry, and am about to purchase a Navitimer in the same way.

AD like to sell you horror stories and warranty myths, but fundamentally the watch has come from an AD and is ok.

Sellers who have been around a bit on crono 24 wouldn't last long without a few bad threads in this day.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendar4599 View Post
    Thanks for the responses, I'll take a look.

Is it odd that no one seems to know about these big Chrono24 sellers or am I being paranoid?
    Send him an email, could be well worth it. He doesn't have them all in stock but sources from an AD. He didnt have any of my watches advertised but sourced them for me.

Guess it's true that if sellers were giving people problems people would shout about it.

Thanks all.