closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Connecting speaker to onyko a9010 amp help

Craftsman

Connecting speaker to onyko a9010 amp help

Hey. Dumb question but Iím struggling. There are knobs on the back to loosen for the left and right speakers. Do these need to be pulled out completely (I canít turn them anymore)and the wire inserted into a hole or just unscrewed and the wire dangled in there and tightened? Last pair of speakers I inserted just had little clips that closed shut.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Hey. Dumb question but Iím struggling. There are knobs on the back to loosen for the left and right speakers. Do these need to be pulled out completely (I canít turn them anymore)and the wire inserted into a hole or just unscrewed and the wire dangled in there and tightened? Last pair of speakers I inserted just had little clips that closed shut.

Any help?
    According to the freely downloadable manual for the A-9010 (hint, hint) there should be a slot for the wires at the back of the connector you loosen by unscrewing (not all the way).

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    Thanks Bob. I thought that was what the manual was saying. Unfortunately the last bit before this hole is exposed is very hard to remove. Fingers have gone red trying to pull the last bit off. Hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Thanks Bob. I thought that was what the manual was saying. Unfortunately the last bit before this hole is exposed is very hard to remove. Fingers have gone red trying to pull the last bit off. Hmph.
    I don't think that the things you turn are supposed to come off.

Best wishes,
    Bob

I should think you'd bare some of the cable inner, then either wrap around the post and tighten the knobs down, or fit banana plugs to the cable, then unscrew knobs to their fullest, push in the bananas and tighten the knobs down.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys. All sorted now. Sounding good :)