closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anglesey?

Anglesey?

Fancy a few days away, is Anglesey worth a visit? Never been to Wales, maybe better places to go there?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Fancy a few days away, is Anglesey worth a visit? Never been to Wales, maybe better places to go there?
    We went there in Feb to meet a member on here and took a few days out of it. Really enjoyed it.

Stayed here and it was lovely.

http://www.treysgawen-hall.co.uk

Took the wee one to the zoo, spent an afternoon on the pier at Llandudno and all in all had a cracking weekend.

I worked on Anglesey, travelled all over the island and it is beautiful everywhere.
    I holidayed a few times too, based in Beaumaris several times, and the town is very beautiful with much to see. I have also been there fishing, sea at Penmon point opposite Puffin Island, where my brother and I got an eyeful of naked sunbathing ladies! Great fun catching a few fish too...and freshwater at Rhosneigr at a small private pool near the golf course, which featured on a fishing programme with Matt Hayes. Caught a lovely 7lb carp, thought it was bigger but I had foul hooked it in a pectoral fin.
    The beach at Rhosneigr is great for kids, and the tidal pools make for fascinating views of nature.
    Highly recommended.

Angelesey is stunning. We were there with the kids in late March. Stayed in Menai Bridge.

Last edited by dougair; 18th May 2019 at 12:35.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Majority of coastline is designated AONB- plenty to do and see within 30 min drive. Good as it gets...

I stayed here, all be it for just the single night, in October last year.

https://instantweb.eviivo.com/en-GB/...651YH/homepage

It was chosen primarily due to it being close to Holyhead as I had an early ferry to catch the following day, I'd quite happily stay there again though. I stayed in one of the pods, they're cosy (read tiny!) but have everything you need and the decking was great to sit out on in the evening and for a quick coffee in the morning, you can see and hear the sea from your seat.

I found Holyhead itself to be a bit tired and run-down, from what I saw of the rest of the island though would make it worth another visit.

IMGP7271

IMGP7276

IMGP7299

IMGP7302

IMGP7322

No. It's not worth visiting. Stay away and leave what's great about it, a lack of people visiting, as is.
    Gray

Master
    I’ve been a few times. There’s bugger all there really. When 5 minutes at LlanfairPG is pretty much the highlight of the island that should tell you all you need to know. There are a few nice beaches but useless unless you get great weather (and even then it’s often really windy).

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    I’ve been a few times. There’s bugger all there really. When 5 minutes at LlanfairPG is pretty much the highlight of the island that should tell you all you need to know. There are a few nice beaches but useless unless you get great weather (and even then it’s often really windy).
    Jesus !
    I bet you’re fun at parties.
    One of the nicest parts of the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    My kids has a great time at the beach despite the cold wind and rain! Kids don’t care as long as they’re dressed appropriately! A beach is a beach to them.

Journeyman
    I've been as a child, teenager and adult and, on each occasion, found it a brilliant holiday destination.

For children, the butterfly palace, the beaches and the castle. For a teenager, sailing. For an adult, good pubs, great camping (Newborough) and superb coasteering and kayaking.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
    I've been as a child, teenager and adult and, on each occasion, found it a brilliant holiday destination.

For children, the butterfly palace, the beaches and the castle. For a teenager, sailing. For an adult, good pubs, great camping (Newborough) and superb coasteering and kayaking.
    Shsssh! I think Cynar wants to keep it all to himself.

Snowdonia...?

Actually just back from Snowdonia and took a half day out to whizz round Anglesey....seemed to have some nice beaches...and enjoyed a nice picnic overlooking South Stack lighthouse.

Maybe consider a base in Snowdonia with trips to Anglesey, up Snowdon (train or walk),Snowdonia National Park, nearby Portmeirion ....

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    We often go there for a day out. There is a really nice pub/eatery called The Boathouse down at Red Wharfe Bay. Be aware there is also another pub adjacent, but the food isnt as good.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Shsssh! I think Cynar wants to keep it all to himself.

On one holiday, I did similar to rjwanderer and combined a very active week in Snowdonia with a (largely) more relaxed week on the island.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We always go to Cornwall in August but for a change this year we've booked a week in Malltreath Angelsey.

We've had a big trip to Disney World and the Bahamas this year so looking forward to some quiet beaches and nice countryside. I'm not going to miss the A30 this summer.