closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I had the call from the Rolex/Omega AD today ...

I had the call from the Rolex/Omega AD today ...

... and was offered the opportunity to buy the new Rolex 126710BLNR 'Batman' despite not being on the list for it. I have been on the list for the Pepsi GMT from last year's Basel event but as we all know these are in short supply. So, very happy with the blue alternative offer and will be picking this up next week.

Quite a surprise all round. I was expecting a chat about the new Omega Speedmaster models. Hopefully that will happen later in the year. In the meantime, it will be great to add the GMT to my small collection.

Master
    Good for you.

Craftsman
    Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Now THAT is a nice opening to a weekend, congrats :-)

Craftsman
    Lovely watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    ... and was offered the opportunity to buy the new Rolex 126710BLNR 'Batman' despite not being on the list for it. I have been on the list for the Pepsi GMT from last year's Basel event but as we all know these are in short supply. So, very happy with the blue alternative offer and will be picking this up next week.

Nice!

I supposed that must be proof positive that lists don't exist as presumably someone would have been on any list for the previous BLNR and might have expected to be switched to any list for the new version.

Has anyone heard any speculation about the relative supply of BLRO and BLNR? Will they be making broadly equal numbers of each?

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Nice!

I supposed that must be proof positive that lists don't exist as presumably someone would have been on any list for the previous BLNR and might have expected to be switched to any list for the new version.

Has anyone heard any speculation about the relative supply of BLRO and BLNR? Will they be making broadly equal numbers of each?
    It's a curious thing. I hadn't put my name down for this but did for the Pepsi last year. TBH, I'd kind of forgotten about that what with all the Speedmaster excitement (the AD also Omega alongside Rolex) and most of our discussions recently have been about the 50th anniversary watches. I haven't got a clue as to whether or not I'll get to buy one of those models although that would have been my preference.

However, I think it does prove the value of developing a good relationship with your local AD. As today has proven, you never know what might come up. Today was a lovely surprise!

Just to reset the moral compass here

Why would you buy it if you were waiting for another model?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Nice!

i reckon its proof positive the batgirl ain't so popular as people thought! there is no list as no one has asked for a blnr at this AD

Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Just to reset the moral compass here

Why would you buy it if you were waiting for another model?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Why not? They are both great watches.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    i reckon its proof positive the batgirl ain't so popular as people thought! there is no list as no one has asked for a blnr at this AD
    I've got no idea about whether they are popular or not. The opportunity to buy one at RRP seemed too good to pass on. I don't think it is a bad place to put some money at the moment either. I've not got a GMT either so will be a nice addition. I've always bought new watches to keep and I wouldn't risk my relationship with the AD by flipping them.

Hip hip hooray
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    and how would your AD know if you flipped it?

Master
    Do they ask you to take the watch with you to collect the retained guarantee card? Even that isn't conclusive that you haven't sold it.

Blog Entries

Quite a surprise all round. I was expecting a chat about the new Omega Speedmaster models. Hopefully that will happen later in the year. In the meantime, it will be great to add the GMT to my small collection.
    Nice one. I've got my name down for the Pepsi, but would definitely pick up a BLNR if the AD offered it. Enjoy it!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice one. I've got my name down for the Pepsi, but would definitely pick up a BLNR if the AD offered it. Enjoy it!
    Thank you. I really liked the original 'Batman' too but the new model with the various 'upgrades' has a great look and presence. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday. Very excited!

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Rolex and other brands do try and track the sale/resale of watches don't they?

Craftsman
    Thank you. I really liked the original 'Batman' too but the new model with the various 'upgrades' has a great look and presence. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday. Very excited!
    You will be very happy with it. It looks and wears so well on the wrist. It is very comfortable and the jubilee just looks right.

I was lucky enough to get mine 1st of may. I had been on the list for the blnr (specifically 126710blnr) and have a strong relationship at the AD I use having bought my aquanaut there recently. I was told that they were not expecting the blnr in as early as this and that only the one was delivered.

Regardless of how popular the 126710blnr is or becomes for me it is a beautiful watch. You did the right thing by taking the AD up on their offer. The blnr and Blro are different enough to sit together in any collection so if you are lucky enough to end up with both you are going to be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    You will be very happy with it. It looks and wears so well on the wrist. It is very comfortable and the jubilee just looks right.

I was lucky enough to get mine 1st of may. I had been on the list for the blnr (specifically 126710blnr) and have a strong relationship at the AD I use having bought my aquanaut there recently. I was told that they were not expecting the blnr in as early as this and that only the one was delivered.

Regardless of how popular the 126710blnr is or becomes for me it is a beautiful watch. You did the right thing by taking the AD up on their offer. The blnr and Blro are different enough to sit together in any collection so if you are lucky enough to end up with both you are going to be very pleased.
    Thank you for those insights. The call came as a complete bolt of the blue (see what I did there?) but in my gut I knew it would be the right decision immediately. But I'm really grateful to hear about your own experience with this watch. It looks amazing online but seeing it in the flesh will be something else entirely. Have a great weekend.

Journeyman
    Congrats :) i do like the pepsi more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Croman View Post
    Congrats :) i do like the pepsi more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully that will follow but if not, c'est la vie.