closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock Mud Master 'Model' Watches ?

Craftsman

G-Shock Mud Master 'Model' Watches ?

I am looking to buy a holiday watch and will be in the water quite a bit, I am looking for something that is cheap and tough.
    Also costing something that will not bother me if it gets lost, broken, stolen or given away.

From what I can read these Mud Masters seem to fit the bill, do you have one and are they as tough as claimed in your experience ?

I know they are quite big but I have large wrists so would be fine size wise, my daily wearer is a 47mm case conventional watch with quite a big crown.

What are doing on holiday that needs mud protection?

You’ll be fine with a GW-M5610-1ER.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    I am looking to buy a holiday watch and will be in the water quite a bit, I am looking for something that is cheap and tough.
    Also costing something that will not bother me if it gets lost, broken, stolen or given away.

From what I can read these Mud Masters seem to fit the bill, do you have one and are they as tough as claimed in your experience ?

I know they are quite big but I have large wrists so would be fine size wise, my daily wearer is a 47mm case conventional watch with quite a big crown.
    They are massively tough and they make the wearer look tough as well. No one messes with a man who can pull off a Mudmaster, and if he's carrying a crossbow, even better.

Where are you going on holiday?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    What are doing on holiday that needs mud protection?

You’ll be fine with a GW-M5610-1ER.
    That's no good, the face needs to have hands.
    I don't mind digital and analogue.
    But not just digital.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    They are massively tough and they make the wearer look tough as well. No one messes with a man who can pull off a Mudmaster, and if he's carrying a crossbow, even better.

Where are you going on holiday?
    The crossbow is not arriving until Monday, didn't want to pay £5.99 for next day delivery as I am not facing a zombie apocalypse currently.
    I will not get a chance to open it and set it up until the evening of the 27th as I am away next week on business and then going away for a long weekend.

I do a bit of scuba diving so probably back to Thailand or Bali, as Egypt remains off limits for now on the balance of risk.
    I might be a bit more adventurous and book a live-aboard across to Komodo and Flores, it depends on what the others fancy doing.
    We have moved away from hardcore dedicated diving holidays in recent years.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Mudmaster for £129. https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...Us1VE0&irgwc=1 Thank me later.
    I'll thank you. Just seen some of the other G-Shocks that I was looking at cheaper there than elsewhere.

Any good, bad or indifferent experiences of Watches2U?

Craftsman
    Had a GG1000 which was about 150 from eBay. Great watch. Was rather large but actually quite liked that. Only got rid as I found another gshock with solar and radio.

There seems to be two bunches, about 120-150 with no features and then add a few hundred to get solar charging, radio sync etc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
    I'll thank you. Just seen some of the other G-Shocks that I was looking at cheaper there than elsewhere.

Any good, bad or indifferent experiences of Watches2U?
    Bought two off them. Very good and quick delivery

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Bought two off them. Very good and quick delivery

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks. It could be convenient because they're also the cheapest place I can find for some new Oakley's.

Mud masters are excellent choice for your stated purpose.
    Not exactly cheap but IMO, this is the Mudmaster to have

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Mudmaster for £129. https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...Us1VE0&irgwc=1 Thank me later.
    Coincidentally that is the one I bought and from that retailer :-)
    Finally got to open it yesterday after returning from a business trip.

First impressions - solidly made and not as 'plastic' as I expected,
    has some weight to it. Very clear 'crystal' and display.
    The gold is a bit gay but not too bad, copper or bronze would have been better.

Well designed in how the watch and strap fit to the wrist.

Not having had a G-Shock before bloody complicated to set the time and configure.
    The instruction manual must be a world record for tiny text.

I assume once you have learned the G-Shock configuration process the rest of the range use the same fairly generic process, so setup becomes easier.

Craftsman
    If you like digital watches they have this 'Tough Solar' version on weekend sale for £55 that would do as a holiday watch.

https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...red-watch.html

But some of the designs are just beyond stupid, the golden rule for watch design must be ease and clarity of reading the time, this is an epic fail.

https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...ime-watch.html

Craftsman
    Is there anyway of making the alarm louder on these G-shocks ?
    I was hoping to use the watch to replace my alarm clock when travelling, but it is very quiet and timid.

Master
    Afaik there is no way to make the alarm louder. In my experience they are good for a reminder when your active....but if I was to rely on mine to wake me up I wouldn't.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    Afaik there is no way to make the alarm louder. In my experience they are good for a reminder when your active....but if I was to rely on mine to wake me up I wouldn't.
    ok thanks.

G-Shock Mud Master 'Model' Watches ?

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    Place it on something that amplifies the sound not muffles it