closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: BT has a new logo

  1. #1

    BT has a new logo

    The BT logo over time.







    and now this.



    This is an example of a company making their logo simpler, so that it works well on mobiles etc. It's been described as looking like either a chemical warning symbol on a tanker lorry or a meat inspection stamp. Probably cost them thousands!

  2. #2
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    3,703
    Would have been better if they used the previous it simply moved the letters BT into the globe? Also preferred the previous font to the totally generic one theyíve selected.

  3. #3
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,606
    Laughable, I predict that cost £250k plus in marketing consultants, committees and management time to get to approval.

    I hate BT and this logo seems fitting. It says nothing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Laughable, I predict that cost £250k plus in marketing consultants, committees and management time to get to approval.

    I hate BT and this logo seems fitting. It says nothing.
    I'm sure you're right in terms of the costs and time "the committee" took to select it. It apparently presages some "new bold" directions the CEO wants to take the company. I've read that part of that, is giving all staff £500 in shares to improve morale. Phil Jansen the CEO is on £2.1 million. Hmmm.

    I've tried to avoid them whenever possible, professionally and personally, as they're too big and bureaucratic. Unfortunately most ISPs have to run their lines over BT infrastructure, so in a former job one company I looked after were taken off line, even though we were with VM, as the BT engineers sliced through our fibre in the distribution point. It took three weeks to arrange a site survey for a red care alarm line, in a building with three existing red care alarm lines. Bloody awful company.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sheffield - England
    Posts
    1,420
    I’ve got a BT fibre running through a conduit in my front garden with an inspection hatch in my lawn which serves all of the National Trust offices on the estate,I’ve also got a completely separate fibre just over the wall in my back garden which goes to the pub over the road but despite my best efforts to increase my broadband speed above 3m BT claim its just to possible for me to have either ftc or ftp to my house.
    I’m thinking about putting a slight tight kink in the fibre as a protest.

  6. #6
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    12,114
    Isn't it just sooo.....now...though........like yeah......
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.

  7. #7
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    27,823
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    This is an example of a company making their logo simpler, so that it works well on mobiles etc. It's been described as looking like either a chemical warning symbol on a tanker lorry or a meat inspection stamp. Probably cost them thousands!
    Thousands, you say? A few years ago I won a national industry award for marketing, having spent £35k on a complete rebrand. The other finalists were Romec/the Royal Mail (who spent £900k) and one of the big FM companies (£1m+). Both were similar rebranding projects.

    Just saying...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thousands, you say? A few years ago I won a national industry award for marketing, having spent £35k on a complete rebrand. The other finalists were Romec/the Royal Mail (who spent £900k) and one of the big FM companies (£1m+). Both were similar rebranding projects.

    Just saying...
    So you won on quality, not quantity. I can relate to that. :) I know from my time in an ad agency that even the simplest logos, like the new BT one, can take a lot of work. It's just that the end result does not necessarily reflect that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Iíve got a BT fibre running through a conduit in my front garden with an inspection hatch in my lawn which serves all of the National Trust offices on the estate,Iíve also got a completely separate fibre just over the wall in my back garden which goes to the pub over the road but despite my best efforts to increase my broadband speed above 3m BT claim its just to possible for me to have either ftc or ftp to my house.
    Iím thinking about putting a slight tight kink in the fibre as a protest.
    Fibre is AWFULLY fragile....

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I'm sure you're right in terms of the costs and time "the committee" took to select it. It apparently presages some "new bold" directions the CEO wants to take the company. I've read that part of that, is giving all staff £500 in shares to improve morale. Phil Jansen the CEO is on £2.1 million. Hmmm.

    I've tried to avoid them whenever possible, professionally and personally, as they're too big and bureaucratic. Unfortunately most ISPs have to run their lines over BT infrastructure, so in a former job one company I looked after were taken off line, even though we were with VM, as the BT engineers sliced through our fibre in the distribution point. It took three weeks to arrange a site survey for a red care alarm line, in a building with three existing red care alarm lines. Bloody awful company.
    Pedant Alert! - Don't confuse BT with Openreach - it is the latter that own and operate all the physical infrastructure. BT just sell telephone and data services.

  11. #11
    the logo is actually not black and white but animated with colours.

    i shot some development work and BT products with the new logo nearly 2 years ago for the design agency who pitched for the rebrand, canít believe itís taken this long to see the light of day.
    was obviously under NDA so not been able to show people the work I did on the account.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Pedant Alert! - Don't confuse BT with Openreach - it is the latter that own and operate all the physical infrastructure. BT just sell telephone and data services.
    You are of course correct. It was OpenReach engineers that took down the company I worked for, for a day.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    the logo is actually not black and white but animated with colours.

    i shot some development work and BT products with the new logo nearly 2 years ago for the design agency who pitched for the rebrand, canít believe itís taken this long to see the light of day.
    was obviously under NDA so not been able to show people the work I did on the account.
    Very interesting. There was some articles today saying that it was in 2016 when this first started. They changed CEO at the start of this year so that may have added to whatever delay there was.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Journeyman Paradiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ional-champion

    Laughable. In a time when they should be focusing on their internal management and improving customer service they have spent money doing this.

    Iíve been trying to sell my BT shares at a decent for a few months now and it just keeps on slipping down. This wonít help either.

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,392
    Wonder how much they paid for that! Jesus.

  17. #17
    Craftsman smalleyboy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    830
    Itís not just what they have paid for the design but think of all the vans, uniforms, paper etc they now need to change.

  18. #18
    Master KavKav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwickshire.
    Posts
    6,343
    Blog Entries
    5
    BT/Openreach, together or separate, I would not give then the time of day anymore after experiencing their truly appalling and abysmal customer services a few years ago. As for the new Logo, a ten year old child could have done that free! These organisations that get so big that they consider customers to be nuisances should remember that customers departing after being given crap service have long memories!

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Pedant Alert! - Don't confuse BT with Openreach - it is the latter that own and operate all the physical infrastructure. BT just sell telephone and data services.
    Openreach is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT, despite the long overdue management separation agreement agreed with Ofcom a couple of years ago. All of the network assets are also still owned directly by BT.

    I expect this rebranding will literally cost millions to implement.

  20. #20
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    13,406
    Here's a link to BT's new logo is a thing of incredible beauty..."All the charm of a motorway stop sign".

  21. #21
    Bloody Terrible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •