closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spezialist Collection from Glashütte Original

Master

Spezialist Collection from Glashütte Original

In two sizes: 43.2mm with panorama date, and 39.5 with an ordinary date wheel:

See: https://www.glashuette-original.com/...ist-collection

I like them! I think the smaller "vintage" version might fit my wrist better than the pano-date, but I'll be heading to Wempe when they're available for a look.

Love the open '6', but I do wish they'd kept the stylized serif font for the date wheel though. Or, even, released a no date version.

simon
    Last edited by gladders; 17th May 2019 at 09:30.

Very nice indeed!

The dates are getting smaller and smaller these days (...or is it my eyes )
    Refreshing to see that GO has put their fantastic calibre in a classic design Diver and that the size is not ridiculous. I also admire the details and no shortcuts, like putting black date wheels on black dials.
    Wonder what the RRP will be? £7-10k?

Ciao

Craftsman
    If only it wasn't 43.2mm looks like a great watch

They look promising, but need to see them in the flesh. GO usually do some popping dials - this isn't coming through enough in the pictures.

The aged lume seems to be the only option for the 39mm model?

Master
    There are some prices in Euros at "A Blog to Watch": https://www.ablogtowatch.com/glashut...ma-date-watch/

Price for the Glashutte Original Spezialist SeaQ Panorama Date watch is 11,000 Euros on the textile or rubber strap with the standard buckle. 11,300 Euros for the watch on a strap with the fold-over deployant clasp, and 12,200 Euros for the watch on the steel bracelet.

simon

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    There are some prices in Euros at "A Blog to Watch": https://www.ablogtowatch.com/glashut...ma-date-watch/
    Price for the Glashutte Original Spezialist SeaQ Panorama Date watch is 11,000 Euros on the textile or rubber strap with the standard buckle. 11,300 Euros for the watch on a strap with the fold-over deployant clasp, and 12,200 Euros for the watch on the steel bracelet.

simon
    Cheers Simon - oof that is pricey.Not so sure they stand out at all at that price point. I was thinking closer to the new 44mm Ceramic Omega Seamaster pricing at £6.5-7k. I'll have a look out of interest, but will have to make do with my GO collection as is of 1 watch.

Also interesting to debate if these are as visually as interesting as the last time they did a sports watch?

Interesting that there isn't any combination of white lume + black dial - either green lume or khaki lume or blue dial.

Overall the design looks like it's trying a tiny bit too much to be characterful: the use of colour; quite big numerals; 12-2-4-6-8-10 rather than 12-3-6-9; arrowhead on the minute hand; very retro styling around the lugs.

Going to try to find some real photos.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Also interesting to debate if these are as visually as interesting as the last time they did a sports watch?
    I'm a sucker for oversized Arabic numbers. The new smaller GO reminds me a little of the Breguet XXI:

Master
    Shame about those prices. Too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Interesting that there isn't any combination of white lume + black dial - either green lume or khaki lume or blue dial.

Overall the design looks like it's trying a tiny bit too much to be characterful: the use of colour; quite big numerals; 12-2-4-6-8-10 rather than 12-3-6-9; arrowhead on the minute hand; very retro styling around the lugs.

Going to try to find some real photos.
    It is based on a design from the 80s - the 39mm version with the mismatched hands is quite a close representation (sorry no pic at hand).

This is one reason I am hesitant on it - it's not original enough for me.

Master
    It's reissue of Spezichron diver

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It is based on a design from the 80s - the 39mm version with the mismatched hands is quite a close representation (sorry no pic at hand).

This is one reason I am hesitant on it - it's not original enough for me.
    Just did a Google search, found the watch, a Spezimatic. Same huge 12-2-4-6-8-10 and same hands, but a thinner bezel (though maybe it only looks thinner because all the paints worn off!)

Last edited by Der Amf; 17th May 2019 at 10:19.

Beautiful watches, way out of my price range though.

I do love a big date & was hoping to see what was released today from GO. Would be nice to see in the flesh at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Just did a Google search, found the watch, a Spezimatic. Same huge 12-2-4-6-8-10 and same hands, but a thinner bezel (though maybe it only looks thinner because all the paints worn off!)

Jup, that watch has certainly seen some action!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Beautiful watches, way out of my price range though.

I think this is the version to get - sacrilegious recommending a GO without panoramic, but looks better I think.

Oh dear....

Outrageous pricing, generic design, and in the bigger version, quite thick too.

Now the Sport Evolution, that was a watch!

Really don’t like these new ones at all.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Oh dear....

Outrageous pricing, generic design, and in the bigger version, quite thick too.

Now the Sport Evolution, that was a watch!

Really don’t like these new ones at all.

Dave

I’m going to second that. Nothing special or interesting about the design, and a steep price.
    I’m not the target consumer for this watch by any stretch of the imagination, but if I were in the bracket there are many more interesting watches on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post

simon

I Really like the 39mm model!
    This article says prices start at 8500 Euro for the 39mm model. (dont quite a lot of standard GO watches retail at £7-8k )
    Surely jeweller like Ernest Jones will give a big discount on these .

Prices will start at EUR 8,500.

https://monochrome-watches.com/glash...ion-live-pics/

The case shape was bugging me as it reminded me of something. Finally figured it out.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I Really like the 39mm model!
    This article says prices start at 8500 Euro for the 39mm model. (dont quite a lot of standard GO watches retail at £7-8k )
    Surely jeweller like Ernest Jones will give a big discount on these .

Prices will start at EUR 8,500.

https://monochrome-watches.com/glash...ion-live-pics/
    Given the market prices of other watches I think 7k ish for the 39mm is fair. I hope they bring out a sports gmt.

Master
    This looks like GO admitting they made a mistake in ditching their Sports Evolution range, which I prefer.

I like the old original design much better and find the pricing ridiculous. I doubt this will be a big success.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

The more I look at it, the more I think the panoramic date implementation is pretty crap. Losing the '4' makes it look rather unbalanced. Should have been positioned above the '6' - there is space for it.

There has been a LOT of reissue going on at Swatch brands this year - something of a directive from the mothership?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The case shape was bugging me as it reminded me of something. Finally figured it out.

Dave

It took you sometime....
    Also quite reminiscent of the PRS82

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    It took you sometime....
    Also quite reminiscent of the PRS82

Obviously!

D

Journeyman
    Had very high hopes for this one.

Very disappointed. I might still like it in the metal, but I'm getting rather tired of watch brands' inability to offer anything truly fresh.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax99 View Post
    This looks like GO admitting they made a mistake in ditching their Sports Evolution range, which I prefer.

i asked GO eighteen months ago why they had ditched the Sport Evo Pano (I was after one -- which I found on this forum). The answer was that GO wanted to focus its image on the Senator, Pano and Sixties/Seventies lines. I assumed that Swatch had told them not to compete with the FF -- but, presumably, the SeaQ must have been in preparation at that time.

It's not "new" because it is a homage to their own Spezimatic diver of fifty years ago. I do quite like the Pano-date version in blue (that's a compliment as I'm not a diver fan), but the only advantage (apart from another 100m WR) I see over the Sport Evo Pano is the use of Calibre 36 (from Senator Excellence) over Calibre 39 (Sport Evo Pano and Sixties/Seventies). 36 is undoubtedly prettier and more accurate.

However, I shall be sticking . . . . .