closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega's new watches

Omega's new watches

I know there is going to be a huge amount of hype about the new anniversary Speedmaster today, but take a look at the other new watches that have been released today as well: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/s...e-preview-2019

I particularly like the new Seamaster: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21022445101001.

There's a new PO too: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21532465199001

What do you reckon? What's caught your eye this morning?

Think I will pass on the new speedmaster - does not impress enough.Waiting to see what they do next.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

I think they’re all pretty bad. They are immediately dated, and completely ignore classical taste and design.

There was such a purple patch for Omega design with the original Planet Ocean, Aqua Terras, etc. Understated watches, without chemistry symbols scrawled over the dials. There did seem to be some hope, what with the 60th Anniversary pieces of a couple of years ago.

From scrolling through, the Black date-less Seamaster, black dial Annual Calendar (though the overly ornate writing stops that from being properly desirable), and precious dial Seamaster 300s seem to be the only well-designed watches.

It’s a shame, because the quality and movements are, I believe, generally excellent.

Craftsman
    I've always been a big Omega fan but, as usual these days, there are some shockers in this release. The Speedmaster variants generally and the white Planet Ocean on 'Nan's tea towel' NATO are a let down. So far from what these models once were.

Oh, Swatch, where did it all go wrong?

Journeyman
    Interesting that the PO has gone back to the orange bezel, albeit a ceramic one

Scottie

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's really very poor.

They all look not just passively undesirable but I think actively ugly.

There's too many colours in the mix on them, and that seems to be the only big change.

No new cases, no new models, lets jus make the same watch we made last year with a gash looking face and deliberately ostentatious NATO.

When you look at the way brands like Zenith push into marmite watches even if I don't like them I respect the progressiveness.

If it wasn't for omegas financial strength they would be in trouble.
    Last edited by pete-r; 17th May 2019 at 11:13.

new Omegas

There is a bit for everybody and Omega reacts to the market and we should not forget that we WISes and generally Europeans are not the focus anymore in terms of marketshare.

Still hats of for the balk dialled Omega Sedna Gold 40mm De Ville Tresor and the black ceramic Seamaster and I really like the AquaTerra Worldtimer….really like!!

I've tried on the Black Ceramic Seamaster and it's an absolute stunner. I cant tell you how amazing the contrast between the matte and the glossy black parts on the dial is. I think only the Seiko SLA025 succeeds in having such a staggeringly cool dial.

At £6120 the ceramic Seamaster is 'lively' price wise and I know Omega are cracking down on discounts but they are the sort of watch you'll find marked down to £4k in a sale and at that price there's nothing that can touch it for quality and looks IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    PO owner here, but still think they new one is awful! It looks like a child's watch

Craftsman
    IMO this was the best Chrono launch from the swatch event

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I've tried on the Black Ceramic Seamaster and it's an absolute stunner. I cant tell you how amazing the contrast between the matte and the glossy black parts on the dial is. I think only the Seiko SLA025 succeeds in having such a staggeringly cool dial.

At £6120 the ceramic Seamaster is 'lively' price wise and I know Omega are cracking down on discounts but they are the sort of watch you'll find marked down to £4k in a sale and at that price there's nothing that can touch it for quality and looks IMHO.

I agree, personally i liked the black and gold 2 tone seamaster on rubber was absolutely stunning and appeal to the “luxury sports” sector that is now the trend.

I’m not a fan of the engraving on the subdial of the new speedmaster but nonetheless find it also attractive.

Fully agree - I tried it on over the weekend. It wore very well for 44mm and it is a beautiful watch - great case. I don't think it will be popular and as you say, at £4k not much better diver wise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    IMO this was the best Chrono launch from the swatch event

Glad someone posted it. Brilliant - though Eddie was slightly ahead of the game with one of the mock ups for the Aerotimer!

It’s depressing to think that for as long as we have a moon, Omega will be releasing special editions to commemorate it/going to it/being on it/looking at it

Master
    Love the speedmaster. I think the colours look superb. The engraving on the case back and the sub dial detail looks spot on. Great watch.

The moon phase speedy prices are a bit eye watering.

Quite like the white dial diver 300 as well. Nice and contrasting colours. The dial looks lovely.

The aqua Terra world timer might be my favourite of the lot. The dial looks stunning.

They are all on the large side though and they done state thickness.

The planet oceans look off. Colours are horrid imo. Bold though.

The 300 range is loud and blimey .... so loud!

A lot of new watches there!

Master
    I think the issue here is, and I’m more than happy to be corrected, is that we, as enthusiasts, tend to be a little more conservatively minded than the public at large. I’m pretty sure that some of these new models will sell well.

I know that I tend to like very traditional looking watches of a modest size which doesn’t stand out too much. I’m just happy that Omega continue to make a number of watches that I do like, Seamasters, Speedmaster Pro and Aqua Terras to name a few.

All horrible apart from the plain De Villes which are avoid being ugly by being merely boring.

The steel speedmaster may have been okay without the horrible mess in the sub-dial. And if the quote on the back is only gold plated, that surely won't last long?

Edit: Just seen the velcro strap with "blackened cord with golden marks". They've managed to destroy the Speedmaster's run of looking great on any strap.
    Last edited by Uriel; 17th May 2019 at 10:57.

Blog Entries
    I must admit I like some of the new models. The Globemaster with the pie pan dial looks particularly nice, in a classic kind of way.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Personally a bit disappointed as a small-wrister. I was hoping for a reboot of the mid size SMP.

I had an original Bond mid size SMP (still regret selling it) and would have been very keen for an updated version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think these latest Omega offerings might push people into looking at the availability of some existing models. i was a bit hesitant about getting the ST2 but am glad I took the plunge now (at least it is not directly connected with the Moon either!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    It’s depressing to think that for as long as we have a moon, Omega will be releasing special editions to commemorate it/going to it/being on it/looking at it

Master

Omega's new watches

Probably NASA’s approval process stops them from actually evolving the pro, hence they just do endless commemorative instead to keep things fresh. Problem is, people started getting tired of these from around Speedy Tuesday 2....but the machine just won’t stop..shareholders to satisfy, management bonus targets to hit

Craftsman
    Ok as an Omega fan boy owning 3 , ( Rail , Speed and Sea) I'm not loving the new releases. As mentioned I find them gaudy, if that's the word? The Trésor is the only watch that I can connect with, but as someone mentioned it does seem almost boring.

Nothing here has impressed me, such a shame there is so little vision. I wear a 25 year old model and still think it looks classier than many of these designs. At nearly £7K I would be looking at other brands.

Master
    New white version of the Seamaster 300 looks great!

50th Anniversary Speedy allocation is all gone. I am supposedly 'in' with 2 ADs so let's see and if both amterialise I'm happy to offer to anyone who has missed out here. UK pricing is working out much cheaper than overseas markets it seems

50th Anniversary Speedy allocation is all gone. I am supposedly 'in' with 2 ADs so let's see and if both amterialise I'm happy to offer to anyone who has missed out here. UK pricing is working out much cheaper than overseas markets it seems
    Is this UK only or globally allocated? Also is the watch available through Boutique only or ADs too?

I wonder how much was allocated to the UK. You'd think sizeable with a nearly 7000 production number.

Any idea also when they should arrive?

Craftsman
    Agree with a lot of what others have commented here,the designs and pricing would personally have me looking elsewhere,or looking to buy the current or older models.Nothing much in that lineup I would consider wearing,except maybe the co axial but not at that price point,the rest not even if you could find them heavily discounted.

With the rise in price for the new models compared with older stock,I wonder if it will push up prices of used models?
    The older PO and Seamaster just look better on the eye to me personally.

Master
    The picture in the subdial on the 50th anniversary speedmaster looks pretty clumsy to me - I really do feel I’m being ‘mooned’.

Best looking watch is this classic Tresor with a beautiful new dial and a new movement. It reminds me of the best of vintage Omega, though for me 40mm is pushing it for a thin bezel / large dial watch.

And without for a moment imagining I’d ever actually wear it, I kind of admire the sheer guts of this colour scheme. They seem to have lost their way a bit with the main collection, but are developing a taste for some properly out there Austin Powers tributes.

50th Speedie limited to 6969 pieces WTF whoever thought that up should be birched.

That green dial Seamaster is amazing but in gold is going to be crazy money. Will be lapped up in Hong Kong and China I'm sure

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ryan i’ve Just got back from AD that i bought my Ultraman from, they’re still taking names down but delivery won’t be till the later part of this year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The more I see pics of the speedie the less and less I like it

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Ryan i’ve Just got back from AD that i bought my Ultraman from, they’re still taking names down but delivery won’t be till the later part of this year.
    Ah ok great. Will be interesting to see how the market plays out on this one. 7k watches is a lot of watches for a ltd edition so I think any profiteers are likely to be disappointed but who knows. I really like it

Not terribly taken with any of them. :(

But did anyone notice this?

Is that new? Omega ADs not too pleased about it, I'd guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Not sure if it's new but a few of the Richemont brands have dabbled with on-line sales - everything is full list price so ADs don't tend to get brassed off because most people know they'll be able to negotiate some % discount from their local retailer.

SGR

Blog Entries
    Quite like the Ultraman2

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Not terribly taken with any of them. :(

But did anyone notice this?

I bought a leather Nato direct from them about 2 months ago; the best bit is that there was an option to stamp your initials on the keeper - which I thought was kind of fun. It came in a lovely presentation pouch which I didn't get when I ordered one from an AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Megatron; 17th May 2019 at 20:04.

Some nice watches there. 50th anniversary Speedie is ruined by that sub dial.
    Quality wise Omega just seems to be getting better and better.

A master chronometer baby ploprof would have been nice.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    I like this, but not so much at nearly £18k

Craftsman

Put deposit down

Personally I rather like the 50th anniversary speedmaster.
    Significant 60th birthday soon so thought what the hell I will put a deposit down.
    20% at the Omega Boutique at the Trafford Centre.
    I am number 6 as of this evening out of x 50 that they expect as their allocation.
    Refundable if I decide not for me.

The green one looks sooo Rolex

Craftsman
    Love the new steel Tresor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing to notice is the sheer quality of Omega now. The finishing, the movement, the complexity of the cases and dials etc. Its like they are trying to move upmarket into AP and JLC territory. On a purely subjective basis they annihilate Rolex from a fit and finish perspective. Obviously residuals and all that jazz but it's very impressive by Omega. That being said there are so many variations of the same theme

The thing to notice is the sheer quality of Omega now. The finishing, the movement, the complexity of the cases and dials etc. Its like they are trying to move upmarket into AP and JLC territory. On a purely subjective basis they annihilate Rolex from a fit and finish perspective. Obviously residuals and all that jazz but it's very impressive by Omega. That being said there are so many variations of the same theme

I don't agree with annihilate Rolex part but totally agree with the rest as I commented earlier.
    Just bought the Seamaster 42mm and it is such a quality product and a sensational watch- definitely gives the Sub a run for its money.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I don't agree with annihilate Rolex part but totally agree with the rest as I commented earlier.
    Just bought the Seamaster 42mm and it is such a quality product and a sensational watch- definitely gives the Sub a run for its money.
    Pretty much this....the current Seamaster is just about the best dive watch you’ll get for under £5k

I’ll reserve judgement on the new offerings until I actually see them. Omega photos and renderings are notoriously poor and tend to significantly fail to do their watches justice

Really looking forward to seeing the new white Seamaster in real life....if only it were a GMT aka the new ‘Great White’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    The seamaster is obviously a good seller still in that format but it looks really dated to me, I see them as the eternal answer to the “what watch for my 21 year old’s birthday present/graduation gift?” question. Almost as if Tag were still producing those rounded 90’s watches with the funky integrated bracelets.

Someone posted the chrono, but I don't think they did the Planet Ocean time/date model. I really like this version. The white works brilliantly - but one to see in the flesh. Dial wise a lot to live up to compared to the Seamaster 300m laser etched dial.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-s...ezel-for-2019/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    No longer having a moon sounds like yet another excuse/ opportunity for another speedy LE to me!!😀😀