closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tudor BB58 Request

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    My wrist is 7inches and I had the same issue. My clasp is away getting an extra hole put in to remedy this.
    Who is doing that and what’s the fee? Do they grind off one of the rivets?

Craftsman
    Who’s putting the hole into it? I’ll be visiting the AD in the week to put a link back in. On my LVC & BLNR I only had one link taken out, thought this would be the same

- - - Updated - - -

haha 3 posts asking the same thing with the same time stamp!

Master
    I am using a well known watch maker to this forum called Simon Freese. Takes a looooong time but he is superb. It is around £80 to have the rivets taken off a link and polished so it fits inside the clasp and to have the holes added to the clasp.

The 58 and gmt bracelet are the same length with the only delta being the lug to lug. My gmt fits me perfectly but my 58 is too tight or too lose. Having another hole and 2mm more adjustability will make the 58 fit like the gmt. Also, it will look oem.

Craftsman
    I am using a well known watch maker to this forum called Simon Freese. Takes a looooong time but he is superb. It is around £80 to have the rivets taken off a link and polished so it fits inside the clasp and to have the holes added to the clasp.

The 58 and gmt bracelet are the same length with the only delta being the lug to lug. My gmt fits me perfectly but my 58 is too tight or too lose. Having another hole and 2mm more adjustability will make the 58 fit like the gmt. Also, it will look oem.
    Could you share Simon’s contact details. I might give this a try if the bracelet is to loose on me again once I have a link added in. My only concern is I only purchased the watch last month so don’t want to cause any warranty issues but since it’s the strap & not the watch itself should be fine.
    Might look for a spare bracelet to do this too

He's not too far. I completely forgot about him, I was going to call watchworks but Simon would be better logistically especially if he's doing/done others.

Are you having the extra hole on the outside or the inside of the existing three slots? Would the extra hole make it looser or tighter?

Master
    http://www.simonfreesewatchmakers.com/

I am having an extra hole inside the existing holes. I will then have the bracelet on what is currently the size that is slightly too big and use the new hole to make it an additional 2mm smaller. There isn’t really room to put a hole on the other side imo.

Craftsman
    http://www.simonfreesewatchmakers.com/

I am having an extra hole inside the existing holes. I will then have the bracelet on what is currently the size that is slightly too big and use the new hole to make it an additional 2mm smaller. There isn’t really room to put a hole on the other side imo.
    Thank you, I’ll look into this. 2mm doesn’t sound like a lot but I just need another 5mm of movement added so it’s comfortable for me. This is why I love my LVC and the glide lock clasp, but that’s for another thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Thank you, I’ll look into this. 2mm doesn’t sound like a lot but I just need another 5mm of movement added so it’s comfortable for me. This is why I love my LVC and the glide lock clasp, but that’s for another thread
    Agree and the Pelagos was fabulous for its ability to size using the clasp. I agree 2 mm doesn’t sound a lot but for me at least it is the difference between the perfect fit and not. The issue I have is when the bracelet is too tight I add a link and move to the smallest hole on the clasp and the difference is an additional 4mm in the size of the bracelet. Then it’s sloppy around my wrist. The difference making it 2 mm smaller is quite stark.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Agree and the Pelagos was fabulous for its ability to size using the clasp. I agree 2 mm doesn’t sound a lot but for me at least it is the difference between the perfect fit and not. The issue I have is when the bracelet is too tight I add a link and move to the smallest hole on the clasp and the difference is an additional 4mm in the size of the bracelet. Then it’s sloppy around my wrist. The difference making it 2 mm smaller is quite stark.
    Would be good to see some photos of what you have had done

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Would be good to see some photos of what you have had done
    Once I get it back I’ll certainly post some images.

Craftsman
    BB 58 in Goldsmiths Nottingham yesterday 4th Dec. Showroom cabinet not window.

Journeyman
    Went in to Goldsmiths in Exeter there’s 14 on the list and they haven’t had any in a couple of months, so I could be waiting a while!

Nice to see some are popping up, but also waiting lists are still strong for an in demand watch.

Wonder if the rumours of discontinuing are true and new variant at Basel will happen.

Still love wearing mine and can easily be my only watch.

Bought some nice Natos, on black Friday (Cheapnatos....) arrived yesterday and look nice, but my god I cannot remove the bracelet, no matter how many YouTube Videos I watched, I even have a nice watch tool kit I was looking forward to using. Any one else have this issue?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Nice to see some are popping up, but also waiting lists are still strong for an in demand watch.

Wonder if the rumours of discontinuing are true and new variant at Basel will happen.

Bought some nice Natos, on black Friday (Cheapnatos....) arrived yesterday and look nice, but my god I cannot remove the bracelet, no matter how many YouTube Videos I watched, I even have a nice watch tool kit I was looking forward to using. Any one else have this issue?
    To remove the bracelet - just push down (towards the caseback) on the endlink with your thumb as you slide back one end of the springbar.
    Keep the pressure on & that end of the springbar will stay out of the lug - when you slide back the other end of the springbar the bracelet will come free.

Craftsman
    Spotted a BB58 on leather in Fraser Hart in Leeds’ trinity earlier this week. Possibly still there for someone?

Master

If it is discontinued it will be interesting to see what happens to values. I wouldn’t use anything other than a spring bar tweezer to remove the bracelet. The tolerance is very tight and using a single spring bar tool is problematic.

Removing the bracelet is much simpler using springbar pliers which depress both ends of the springbar at once and you then slide the bracelet away from the watch case maintaining pressure. The tolerances are a bit tight for the single fork (wiggle) method.

Bergeon do a set or there are cheap copies on eBay. You will need a pretty fine fork to get in the bracelet slots.
    Last edited by petay993; 6th December 2019 at 19:08. Reason: typo

Craftsman
    When I got mine, the AD had atleast one more in the safe and maybe more that they didn’t tell me about. Was at an event they hosted, my friend who was with me had already been told his BB58 was ready to collect form WoS aswell

Eastbourne Fraser Hart seem to get a lot of them, as he regularly got calls from them. Think 3 calls in a 3 month period

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Removing the bracelet is much simpler using springbar pliers which depress both ends of the springbar at once and you then slide the bracelet away from the watch case maintaining pressure. The tolerances are a bit tight for the single fork (wiggle) method.

Bergeon do a set or there are cheap copies on eBay. You will need a pretty fine fork to get in the bracelet slots.
    Probably is easier with springbar pliers (which I have), but I found it pretty straight forward / easy with a small fork ended tool.

Master
    Went to the AD yesterday to pick up my wife's 1926.We were supposed to pick up the 2 watches together but I've just taken early retirement/voluntary redundancy so can go back no problem.
    She said David Robinsons had had a go at Tudor because they'd had people on waiting lists go to 2 different branches of Goldsmiths and pick up 58's out of the window ???
    While we were waiting we had two flutes of champagne each and were given a complimentary bottle of veuve clicquot, which i was impressed with.

Craftsman
    I’ve had a link added back and then the clasp pin moved to the smallest size which means the watch sits pretty much perfectly now on my wrist

Journeyman
    There was a BB58 in the window of Goldsmiths in Southampton although was on a nato rather than bracelet, I didn’t have time to ask about a bracelet model.

Journeyman
    I’ll be in Bluewater and London tomorrow might have to try and get myself a Christmas present, anyone know any ADs that might have a 58 on a bracelet? I’m going to try the 2 ADs in Bluewater and Harrods and then anywhere else I go past.

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
    I’ll be in Bluewater and London tomorrow might have to try and get myself a Christmas present, anyone know any ADs that might have a 58 on a bracelet? I’m going to try the 2 ADs in Bluewater and Harrods and then anywhere else I go past.
    Was in Bluewater last week. Goldsmiths was were I purchased my BB58 back in June. Normal BB in stock, but don’t remember any BB58 on display. Other ADs didn’t have any. Unsure on Watchfinder. Burrells in Tunbridge Wells had a BB58 on NATO on Saturday when I was in town.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I saw the new P01 a GMT on leather and a BB58 in the window of Ernest Jones Stratford Westfield the other day. Can't remember if it was on leather, bracelet, or both, sorry. But they are popping up finally, all forms of new Tudor.

Journeyman
    Was in Bluewater last week. Goldsmiths was were I purchased my BB58 back in June. Normal BB in stock, but don’t remember any BB58 on display. Other ADs didn’t have any. Unsure on Watchfinder. Burrells in Tunbridge Wells had a BB58 on NATO on Saturday when I was in town.

I saw the BB58 in Burrells today, although staff were to busy to ask about a bracelet.

I saw the BB58 in Burrells today, although staff were to busy to ask about a bracelet.
    It’s my local AD & I used to work 5mins away. Staff I find our very condescending & blatantly put out in trying to help you in there.

Shame as would like to spend money at my local. But been treated better at Bluewater & Lakeside.

Journeyman
    Meadowhall Sheffield this evening where I saw 2 BB58s (1 nato 1 leather) in Beaverbrooks. And also a BB58 on bracelet in the window of Goldsmiths on the lower floor. I was very tempted