closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor BB58 Request

Tudor BB58 Request

Searching for a BB58 on a bracelet, and looking to pick up fairly soon, however my local AD has quoted me Christmas time possible, another AD close to me mentioned March next year and one more mentioned a year from today. I didn't realise the waiting list was that long. Does anyone know and ADs in the South East/ London that have one in stock. Don't want to pay over RRP, although if everywhere i enquiry is mentioning a year, I'm debating whether to just wait, & possibly pick a Moonwatch instead in a few months (Its a belated gift to celebrate the birth of my daughter and birthday).

Thanks guys, Brad

Master
    I work at St James' Park so can easily check the goldsmiths on victoria for you if you like, next week though as at a Croydon office tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have recently bought one.

I was on the wait list at Bluewater Goldsmiths, they called me yesterday to say they had just received one on a bracelet.

Good luck.

When I was looking I was told a range of wait times. In the end it was a few months.

I’m really pleased with it and timekeeping is excellent. -0.2s/d

[urlHi =https://ibb.co/qjF1jY2][/url]
    Last edited by Montello; 16th May 2019 at 21:55.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I work at St James' Park so can easily check the goldsmiths on victoria for you if you like, next week though as at a Croydon office tomorrow.
    Appreciated. That would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I have recently bought one.

I was on the wait list at Bluewater Goldsmiths, they called me yesterday to say they had just received one on a bracelet.

Good luck.

When I was looking I was told a range of wait times. In the end it was a few months.

I’m really pleased with it and timekeeping is excellent. -0.2s/d

[urlHi =https://ibb.co/qjF1jY2][/url]
    Haha that’s was one of my ADs I tried. Was on the last before Christmas but funds wouldn’t allow it. Spoke to the last today who told me they just sold one, then said it’s 6m (she then checked and told me a year!). Only benefit is they don’t want a deposit but I’m now 34th ok the list.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I’m now 34th ok the list
    Seems the 58 is quite sought after.

When I was looking most ADs clearly didn’t know when they’d get stock. I called round most in Kent and East Sussex.

Most said 6 -12 months one AD would only put me on the list with a £500 Deposit. I declined.

In the end Goldsmiths Canterbury came good after 3 months. I think I was lucky as the guy who served me said he didn’t expect another this year ...

When Bluewater called I was surprised as I wasn’t certain the list was actually real.

Master
    With Basel being a flop the 58 was always going to go up in demand. An option would be to buy it on leather and order the bracelet if you are super keen. I bought on leather and have since bought the nato and will also get a bracelet. I was told they could get a bracelet in 2 weeks, it is 600 ish though. For me that’s not an issue as it is a keeper.

Craftsman
    There’s a place in Hatton Garden that has one on bracelet for £2600;
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/bay...id11193805.htm

If your heart isn’t set on the “AD experience” that is.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    With Basel being a flop the 58 was always going to go up in demand. .
    Yeah, but 34th on the list .... can there really be that much demand?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    The gold smiths in Meadowhall had a bb58 in the window at the weekend? And I think beverbrooks at Meadowhall did too

Craftsman
    Hi,

I got my BB58 at the end of January but I was fortunate that a kind member here gave up their place on their waitlist for me.

However, before that, I had also registered my interest with WoS in Regent Street back in November and got the call from them in April. I imagine that watch is now gone. So around 6 months I guess.

Demand is still high and production numbers are not that high.

Good luck!

Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    The gold smiths in Meadowhall had a bb58 in the window at the weekend? And I think beverbrooks at Meadowhall did too
    On the steel bracelets?

Master
    OP, did you see my PM?

Master
    Seems odd they aren't coming through in numbers now, is there a known reason? Or are Tudor trying to do as big brother does, boost popularity through scarcity? There's no trouble with the other black bay models

Craftsman
    This is a little disappointing to hear. I'm looking to pick one up in the summer and assumed they'd be readily available by now. Will need to start visiting AD's and getting my name down I guess!

Craftsman
    Seems odd they aren't coming through in numbers now, is there a known reason? Or are Tudor trying to do as big brother does, boost popularity through scarcity? There's no trouble with the other black bay models
    I think it may have to do with production capacity for the BB58 movement.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn’t surprise me. I was to,d the GMT was also had to get.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    There’s a place in Hatton Garden that has one on bracelet for £2600;
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/bay...id11193805.htm

If your heart isn’t set on the “AD experience” that is.
    Safe to say for me at least the AD experience for all my purchases has been mediocre

I have found it quite easy today to locate a few as my son wants one, It seems most dealers have them on the strap, however after ringing four retailers I found one on the bracelet and he is collecting it tomorrow.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 17th May 2019 at 14:42.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I have found it quite easy today to locate a few as my son wants one, It seems most dealers have them on the strap, however after ringing four retailers I found one on the bracelet and he is collecting it tomorrow.
    nice one; I rejected two, one on leather and the other on the nato ... the bracelet version is more sought after and so harder to find.

I don't get the pricing on the leather/nato ... the reduction compared to the the bracelet isn't enough .... even if I wanted it on leather I'd buy the bracelet version then change to leather ...

Master
    Sure I saw one on the bracelet in Frazer Hart Chelmsford today. Didn't have time to go in-store & confirm as my parking had expired & was in a bit of a rush.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Due to last minute work commitments my son is not going to be able to attend the store tomorrow to collect the BB58, if anyone would like the details PM me.

Not south east but one in the window of Fraser hart in cribs in Bristol.

Should add it’s in Peterborough if anyone is around that area and the model on a bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Sure I saw one on the bracelet in Frazer Hart Chelmsford today. Didn't have time to go in-store & confirm as my parking had expired & was in a bit of a rush.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hmmm family leave in Essex but not over until next week. I’ll make a call tomorrow. Thanks

Craftsman
    I picked up a GMT in January after being told it would be at least 6 months wait - my name went on the list in late October. So 3 months. Someone at work really liked it and went to same store, Fraser Hart, ordered one and had it inside of 2 weeks around March/April time. I went in to ask about the BB58 and was told a year wait, and I had to pay a minimum 50% deposit. 2 days later I picked up a Tudor Prince Date, but I'd still like to get a BB58 eventually. Considering trading my GMT for it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I went in to ask about the BB58 and was told a year wait, and I had to pay a minimum 50% deposit.
    That position seems to be more common now. Is Tudor following the Rolex model as Rolex tries to shift up market?

Master
    Seems similar to the Harrods BB. I was told a year wait, went on the list at end of Jan, picked up 3 months later

Spoke to Fraser Hart Chelmsford today and they don’t have any, waiting list of 2 with a 10% deposit and unsure what timeline is in receiving new stock.

Few more avenues to try yet.

In case it's of use to anyone, I had a call from Fraser Hart Bristol Cabot Circus on Friday to say they had a BB58 on bracelet come into stock. I didn't take it as no longer looking.

I registered my interest in November last year, and was told to expect a 2 month wait....

Sent from my SM-J600FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    There was one in Fraser HArt in Edinburgh last week (and one on the strap). Let me know if you want me to go past and suss it out again for you.

Update still have my name on list at a few local ADs.

Will be in the Oxford area this weekend, I have phoned around ADs listed on the Tudor site but pretty much laughed at. Any members local to this area know any on display ready to sell?

Thanks

There are 2 that I know of at the minute but both are in London.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    There are 2 that I know of at the minute but both are in London.
    Thanks. You able to drop me a PM & I’ll contact them tomorrow.

Master
    I’m going to bump this thread rather than make a new one.

Does anyone know of any availability in the midlands for a bracelet version?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EdHughes1 View Post
    I’m going to bump this thread rather than make a new one.

Does anyone know of any availability in the midlands for a bracelet version?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Congrats on the pick up I saw in your other thread. Still not much joy in the South East for me. Although a local AD has mentioned I’m number 1 on the list. So fingers crossed.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    There is a BB58 on bracelet now in Meadowhall, they got one in back
    Last edited by strell; 29th June 2019 at 19:24.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Sorry no longer in the shop as it’s in my wrist now!!

Sorry no longer in the shop as it’s in my wrist now!!
    Where was that at?

Craftsman
    Wait it out, it is a great watch and the wait is half the fun, I am looking to buy an Alpine A110 but will have to wait to get my thread count up so I can get onto SC and start divesting my collection of vintage sports Rolexes

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Where was that at?
    Meadowhall, they said they called there list (over 10 people they claimed) and everyone they spoke to said they can’t get there today, so they put it in the window, and then 1 hour later was on my wrist haha!
    Last edited by strell; 29th June 2019 at 19:42.

Meadowhall, they said they called there list (over 10 people they claimed) and everyone they spoke to said they can’t get there today, so they put it in window, and then 1 hour later it was on my wrist haha!
    Sorry I mean which branch (Goldsmiths or Beaverbrooks?). Been speaking to both recently about this actrual watch!

Don't mind as have one on order from Fraser Harts and they've done me a deal for a 58 & GMT but annoying still lol

Nice one though, enjoy!

Picked my up today. Currently on wrist, enjoy the sun with the little one and a paddle pool. Overall pleasant experience with Goldsmiths in Bluewater. Just over a year from when I put my down when they we’re first released. Will post pics later.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Sorry I mean which branch (Goldsmiths or Beaverbrooks?). Been speaking to both recently about this actrual watch!

Don't mind as have one on order from Fraser Harts and they've done me a deal for a 58 & GMT but annoying still lol

Nice one though, enjoy!
    Ahh sorry, goldsmiths

Craftsman
    Am on holiday in Tenerife and the AD had one in the window on a bracelet today.

Having lusted after one for quite a few months, I jumped at the chance, but meh, underwhelmed.

Price was just under 3400 euros. Worth the wait in the UK for list as cheaper but won’t now be putting my name down. The gilt dial and bezel in the flesh killed it for me. So glad I got to try one....

Master
    I'm currently lusting after one and mean to get over to Manchestoh for a look.
    I emailed David Robinson's and was told an 8 month waiting list and £520 deposit

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm also hunting for a BB58 on bracelet - have had my name down at a few AD's for a while, but now getting impatient!

Anyone know of one that might be available in the South West London / Surrey area??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    I'm also hunting for a BB58 on bracelet - have had my name down at a few AD's for a while, but now getting impatient!

Anyone know of one that might be available in the South West London / Surrey area??
    Which dealers have you been in ??
    I'm waiting till my shifts change next week till I have a look see.

Craftsman
    Fraser Hart in Colchester quoted me 4 months on a BB and 6 months on a GMT, both with 10% deposit.

Craftsman
    Decided to put my name on a list as well (as much as I was loathed to do it).

The dealer did have one in on a nato and I considered just plumping for it and trying to get a bracelet but ultimately decided I can wait. Looks like the overs are calming down a little on these as well so if needs must I could also go grey for a few hundred more (as much as people would be offended by that! :))