closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anniversary Speedmasters unveiled tomorrow?

I really like that and have enquired through the Omega boutique.

(I also like some Hublots so make of that what you will...)

Craftsman
    Omega boutique emailed me yesterday confirmed im on the list (id enquire in january) and they are confident of supply in july
    But i think before I pay i want to see it in the flesh
    It is a lot of money for a speedmaster especially when 6969 are being made
    I did make the mistake of paying for a ck2998 pulse before seeing it
    and it was difficult to move on
    No im not a flipper but i have to bond with a watch

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Looks amazing to me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t hate it but I am a little disappointed. I’m not anti gold and I think the fact that it’s going to be made in enough numbers for plenty of people to get them should be a bonus for enthusiasts, but I don’t predict a huge rush for them at that money, there are other watches that I would prefer at that price point. I’m not sure that they will be that difficult to get hold of? I out and out dislike the subdial butt shot, to me it doesn’t belong there, maybe that should have been on the case back and the boot print on the subdial? I do like that bracelet though.

Not for me. Way to much bling.
    Wonder how it would have looked with white gold or silver rather than the see it from space extra bright yellow gold?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    One small step for mankind, one giant leap for marketing and markup.

Looks tacky too.
    Nothing more tacky than a cartoon dog on the sub dial and case back, and £7k won’t get you near one.

I think they’ve flogged the LE horse to death already, so this now well and truly puts me off Omega as a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    I think they’ve flogged the LE horse to death already, so this now well and truly puts me off Omega as a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Clearly Omega would not produce all these LEs if there wasn't a market for them - I don't understand why people get so affronted by a company giving the public what it wants. Rolex failing to give the public what they are desperate for doesn't seem to be making people any happier neither.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Clearly Omega would not produce all these LEs if there wasn't a market for them - I don't understand why people get so affronted by a company giving the public what it wants. Rolex failing to give the public what they are desperate for doesn't seem to be making people any happier neither.
    Precisely!

I put my name down and paid a requisite 20% deposit to become 6th in line at the Omega Boutique in Manchester yesterday. This I was told should mean off their allocation I would likely see the watch in July.
    Refreshing that I can actually buy the watch rather than be on some esoteric list.
    The deposit is refundable if I should change my mind if not for me, so more than happy with that.
    Quite excited since this will be for my 60th and follow a period of abstinence over the last 5 years.

I’ve been eager to see what they’d do for the 50th since they did the 45th, thinking it would be the ultimate expression of lunar tie in and that I’d be bound to get one but no, this isn’t it. I wondered whether it would be an ultra special 50/69 piece exquisite jewel few could afford, a more likely 1969 piece very special effort in the vein of the Apollo-Soyuz or a 10069 piece very accessible meh-fest. I’ll have to get a better view of the case back but it seems it’s a meh-fest, the kind of thing they should’ve done for the 55th knowing they really pulled out the stops five years ago and they can’t get ever more adventurous and or luxurious.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Precisely!

I put my name down and paid a requisite 20% deposit to become 6th in line at the Omega Boutique in Manchester yesterday. This I was told should mean off their allocation I would likely see the watch in July.
    Refreshing that I can actually buy the watch rather than be on some esoteric list.
    The deposit is refundable if I should change my mind if not for me, so more than happy with that.
    Quite excited since this will be for my 60th and follow a period of abstinence over the last 5 years.
    How ironic put my name down for one same readon (60 in july)
    Only thing is wife i know is getting me a panerai pam 913 number 60
    But hey you only live once

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Leaves me completely cold, but I’ve already had a whinge at Omega on the general novelties thread so I won’t stick the boot in here as well. I will be surprised if they sell 7000 of those quickly...
    I reckon they will go in days if not hours

Craftsman
    Its a lot 6969 but they are popular especially in japan and they have a few people

Craftsman

Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Its a lot 6969 but they are popular especially in japan and they have a few people

The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster was just over 3000 pieces and there is certainly no shortage of them available in the market place.
    Last edited by Flasher; 18th May 2019 at 19:23. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I reckon they will go in days if not hours
    OB in Royal Exchange have over 300 names on their list already. Pretty sure these will all be accounted for before release in July

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster was just over 3000 pieces and there is certainly no shortage of them available in the market place.
    That’s not the point though is it? The Speedy Tuesday like the Ultraman is readily available on the market place so is the Snoopy. It just depends what you want to pay. They could sell out within hours and be readily available on the market place within days .

Craftsman

Miss out

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Omega boutique emailed me yesterday confirmed im on the list (id enquire in january) and they are confident of supply in july
    But i think before I pay i want to see it in the flesh
    It is a lot of money for a speedmaster especially when 6969 are being made
    I did make the mistake of paying for a ck2998 pulse before seeing it
    and it was difficult to move on
    No im not a flipper but i have to bond with a watch

Anyone missing out on this at the initial release will certainly be able to pick one up over the course of 12/24 months etc, once the usual flippers have come in and tried to grab a profit but with the edition numbers involved with this release it would be a brave secondary dealer who paid over RRP to take this into stock and then mark it up further for profit.

This is no Snoppy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Anyone missing out on this at the initial release will certainly be able to pick one up over the course of 12/24 months etc, once the usual flippers have come in and tried to grab a profit but with the edition numbers involved with this release it would be a brave secondary dealer who paid over RRP to take this into stock and then mark it up further for profit.

This is no Snoppy!
    The Snoopy though is something that had outrageous growth and good luck to the owners .
    The question over will it sell out has been raised , my view is that yes it will very quickly. Will it then become flipped. Yes it will probably in quite big numbers .Will it appreciate ? Who knows? Maybe 15% Personally I think for a gold accented watch it’s rather nice and wish I was in the position to own one. To all those who get one I’d say it’s an excellent choice.

It's hideous! Must be a joke.

Master
    Has anything been announced about the new cal321?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I don’t applaud’s Rolex strategy either. IMHO, what I think of the LE variants sausage factory.