closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Micro Adjustable Clasp

Master

Omega Micro Adjustable Clasp

Thought I'd start a fresh thread.
    So it arrived from the Omega Boutique today, took about 10 minutes to fit to the bracelet, 4 screws basically and that was that. Glad I decided to go for it and ignore the advice from Lunns in Belfast.
    The clasp itself is bigger and longer so I had to remove another link to allow for this but very comfortable on the wrist.
    Great service from the Regent St shop.

Great job - must do the same for my SMP but its a bit more complex for me I think - I've to get end links to connect to it I think. Did you just email or phone the boutique?

Does anyone know (please) if this works with the 2531.80 too? My bracelet is a tad too tight and I'd been thinking of buying a half link but one of these would be considerably better.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Great job - must do the same for my SMP but its a bit more complex for me I think - I've to get end links to connect to it I think. Did you just email or phone the boutique?
    Just phoned the Boutique up mate. Had the part number from a previous thread. The clasp inst actuslly for this watch, it's for an SMP 300. Fits 100% though.
    This was the issue I was having with Lunns. I wanted them to order it for me but they wouldn't, claiming Omega won't send it unless it's for the watch it's made for!!
    Which is why I was amused somewhat when I'm able to order direct from a boutique with zero hassle. And it's free next day delivery too.

Just be aware there a 3 adjustable clasps - with and without diver’s extension, and with more or fewer adjustments.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Just be aware there a 3 adjustable clasps - with and without diver’s extension, and with more or fewer adjustments.
    And to fit both 18mm & 20mm width bracelets

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I have just fitted an adjustable clasp to my 42mm PO 8500, which has a 20/18mm bracelet, ordered from a local AD Frazer Hart. Had to remove one full link. This is a five year old watch just back from a full service at Omega.
    The watch feels better on my wrist now the bigger clasp helping to balance the watch head.

Blog Entries
    I have that clasp on my new Seamaster, and find it works really well for a great fit. Perhaps I ought to get one for my Planet Ocean as well having seen this.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Did this to my 2254 few years back and definitely the best upgrade you can do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Excellent, another thing I 'need' now :roll:
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

I did on my Speedmaster too.
    I'll take a picture in the morning and share it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    Did this to my 2254 few years back and definitely the best upgrade you can do.

Did this attach to the existing links or did you need to buy different links too?

Master
    Did this attach to the existing links or did you need to buy different links too?
    It needed a different links Mate, I have my own thread about this but can't dig into it now as just using phone and about to sleep. If you want, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Journeyman

thanks for this info. Im looking to upgrade my clasp also

Master
    I've the same PO as you Alphajet, thanks for your photos and comments. it looks like the new clasp is wider than the bracelet, not the same width as the old clasp was, is there a thinner one? Part numbers and price wold be handy as I#m considring it too. How does it compare to the Rolex glidelock? that seems a fabulous bit of clasp!

Apprentice
    I have a 2500 Planet Ocean (42mm). I bought it in 2010 and the bracelet (with push pins) and clasp are pretty knackered.

Does anyone know if I could fit my watch with a new bracelet designed for the 8500 (with screws)?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I've the same PO as you Alphajet, thanks for your photos and comments. it looks like the new clasp is wider than the bracelet, not the same width as the old clasp was, is there a thinner one? Part numbers and price wold be handy as I#m considring it too. How does it compare to the Rolex glidelock? that seems a fabulous bit of clasp!
    The clasp needs to he that size as the bracelet fit inside the clasp so to speak.

Master

Omega Micro Adjustable Clasp

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    The clasp needs to he that size as the bracelet fit inside the clasp so to speak.
    Indeed. There are a few pictures in this old thread showing the ratcheting mechanism on the clasp.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=426120

Master
    Ahh, I see! Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    The new clasp has to be wider than the bracelet as the sliding extension link goes inside the clasp as can be seen here. So no there is no thinner one.

The part number is shown here. This fits the 42mm PO with a 20/18mm bracelet. The price through Frazer Hart was £87.

Comparison to the glidelock on my SD. The glidelock has around twice the amount of adjustment and looks more secure with flip lock system. So the Rolex glidelock is is better IMHO.

However the Omega clasp is a big improvement on the original and money well spent.

I got this info from Topper's about three clasps that fit the bracelet of my Great White:

The clasp ending in 4666 is 34.5mm long.

The clasp ending in 1154 is 39.5mm long.

The clasp ending in 1159 is 44mm long.

Clasp 4666 has 3 adjustments, while 1154 and 1159 both have 6 adjustments.

Topper's installed the clasp on the bracelet along with two links to fit the clasp to the older style bracelet.

I also added an adjustable clasp to my 2264 bracelet, worth every penny.

Last edited by mattcantwin; 21st May 2019 at 13:38.

Apprentice
    Hi guys.
    I’m really interested in getting one of these. Is there one available for my 2220.80?
    If so what is the part number so I can order one?
    Thank you

Instagram: eggsy999

Journeyman
    Hello,

I am after some advice, I own the following PO watch
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...23230462101003

I am wanting to put an adjustable clasp on the steel bracelet but I'm unsure which part number I need.

I was in the Omega boutique on London regent street and they gave me the following part number - 117ST1590867. I am unable to find any info on this part number. I didn't have much faith in the shop staff as he seemed very unsure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mpc28 View Post
    Hello,

I am after some advice, I own the following PO watch
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...23230462101003

I am wanting to put an adjustable clasp on the steel bracelet but I'm unsure which part number I need.

I was in the Omega boutique on London regent street and they gave me the following part number - 117ST1590867. I am unable to find any info on this part number. I didn't have much faith in the shop staff as he seemed very unsure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Mike
    Regent St is the shop I got the Ti adjustable clasp from for my PO so I'd just let them get it for you.
    I found them very easy to deal with, mainly via email as I live in Belfast so visiting the shop wasn't practical obviously. It arrived in a couple of days. They got me the rubber strap too for the same watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This clasp mod is a lot more expensive now in 2024. £250 for the long micro adjustable clasp with dive extension. Once you've worn newer models with it though it's a must have mod for the older models.