closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The DateJust and DayDate...peas in a pod.

Threaded View

Master

The DateJust and DayDate...peas in a pod.

The ‘shortages’ have brought a lot of interest in the current DateJust models....because you can, usually, actually buy one.
    I think they are superb ‘sports’ watches in their own right. Pretty tough. But just look at how similar they are to the DayDate.
    First, 41mm DJ with Jubilee.

And the DD 40 at more than four times the retail.
    Of course, it’s the mark-up for gold, but on the wrist, the DJ feels strikingly similar.
    Although, notionally, different models , both feature the same upgraded , movement with 70 hour reserve, both have identical 10atm proofing. Unless you can’t remember what day it is, they just fulfill the same role in the Rolex range. For me, the Presidential bracelet is nicer, but it has no adjustment, so.... Against the Jubilee.

Both steel options on the DJ are adjustable, definite plus.

There is another option....the steel bezel DJ, cheapest in the range. And possibly my visual favourite.
    Because there is a huge range of dial options, these examples are limited. You get get stick or Roman numerals, loads of dial colours and also 36mm options in both DJ and DD.
    And finally, if you must stick-out, then a nice used version of this will get you in the Sopranos. A disclaimer....not my shirt (or watch).Thanks Hodinkee but I’l pass unless moving to Miami.
    In all, I’m arguing that the DJ/DD ranges are every bit as interesting as the ‘professional’ ranges, but you can buy them....at retail prices from under 6K to just under 30k. Lots of choice.
    And that’s ignoring the platinum DD, which costs......err.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paskinner; 15th May 2019 at 09:52.