closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

SOTC

These are my children so far. I have others, including a SKX009, but it is in parts just now!

That's certainly an eclectic collection! Nice Vostoks too.

Journeyman
    I think we have similar tastes, a couple of obvious stand outs in the line up but I do love that newmark.

Thank you. Yes, the Boctoks can become addictive and one has to learn where to draw the line! I think I have enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    I think we have similar tastes, a couple of obvious stand outs in the line up but I do love that newmark.
    Thank you. Yes, the Newmark is a beautiful watch. My only criticism is that when you look at it there is nothing moving. It would be nicer if there was a moving second hand sub dial. But I am not complaining.

I do not seem to have created much interest. Should I be buying more Rolex. Ha ha.

Craftsman
    That's definitely a varied collection! I like the Steinhart

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    That's definitely a varied collection! I like the Steinhart
    Thank you. The Steinhart is a very well made watch and I would recommend. However it is a big and heavy watch and I don't wear it much now. I am definitely interested in the new 39mm versions.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Thank you. Yes, the Newmark is a beautiful watch. My only criticism is that when you look at it there is nothing moving. It would be nicer if there was a moving second hand sub dial. But I am not complaining.
    So the central seconds hand doesn't tick round? I didn't know that, i can understand why that would be a disappointment. Is this seen in other quartz chronos

So the central seconds hand doesn't tick round? I didn't know that, i can understand why that would be a disappointment. Is this seen in other quartz chronos
    The second hand moves when you press the pusher. But to leave it on would use the battery too much I think. The watch is in no way a dissapointment and I did not say so. What I meant was that it would be nicer if it had a moving second hand subdial.

The second hand moves when you press the pusher. But to leave it on would use the battery too much I think. The watch is in no way a dissapointment and I did not say so. What I meant was that it would be nicer if it had a moving second hand subdial.
    The central second hand only runs for an hour to preserve battery life.
    I was wearing mine yesterday, cracking watch.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 6th June 2019 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    The central second had only runs for an hour to preserve battery life.
    I was wearing mine yesterday, cracking watch.
    I did not know that. Thank you! It is one of my favourites. I am keeping a keen eye on the new Diver they are producing.

Craftsman
    I agree the Newmark chronograph is a great watch to wear and I wear mine a lot, nice size and very comfortable and easy to read. I like the supplied pull through strap too. It did take a while to get used to nothing visibly moving on the dial though.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of that feature but it makes sense re the battery life. Didn't mean to offend with use of the term 'disappointed' bad choice of words. I'm still a fan and would like to add one to the collection, missed the last two on SC through hesitation.

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of that feature but it makes sense re the battery life. Didn't mean to offend with use of the term 'disappointed' bad choice of words. I'm still a fan and would like to add one to the collection, missed the last two on SC through hesitation.
    Ha ha. I am not offended in any way and I understand what you meant. I could have gone on to say that I would prefer the watch to be mechanical but that would make it more expensive and maybe less sales. I am glad they have done well so far as it gives a solid base to continue. I have nothing to do with the company but am very happy to support them in the choices they have made so far.

Journeyman
    Likewise I would prefer an auto but they are a bit out of my price range at the minute hence the interest in the newmark. I like the cwc 1970s spec chrono but not so keen on the £2.2k price tag!

Likewise I would prefer an auto but they are a bit out of my price range at the minute hence the interest in the newmark. I like the cwc 1970s spec chrono but not so keen on the £2.2k price tag!
    Yes. It is a crazy price. The only way to stop this is not to buy them but there are always people who will. It is another subject though!