closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay buyer

Craftsman

Ebay buyer

Sold a Speedie Reduced on Ebay recently. Buyer messages me and says the straps on the wrong way round (I think he means clasp is at the 12 o'clock not 6 o'clock.)
    He wants to return it or have a part refund so he can get it sorted at the jewellers
    I'd had it on a leather strap and I put the original bracelet back on but obviously the "wrong" way
    I've sent him a tenner, that should be more than enough to cover the switching round
    A costly error on my part I guess

Some people just want to moan about anything especially if they think they can get a few quid out of it.
    If he knew the clasp was round the wrong way I’m sure he had enough watch knowledge to adjust the length or change it around himself.

Any used watch I buy I always have the bracelet off and give everything a deep clean so this wouldn’t bother me at all..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I received a watch w bracelet on wrong way round last week. No issue as I can sort that in 2 mins.

However, had it happened 5 years, I'd have struggled and been a bit narked with seller.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    I like to buy things on ebay, it is very convenient and the price is cheaper.https://forum.tz-uk.com/images/icons/icon10.png
    Welcome to the forum, good first post.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Well....did He look at the photos before He bought it?

Craftsman
    We have to understand that Not everyone is of the same skill set.

Master
    Don't sweat it, asking for a partial refund seems par for the course these days.

I've stopped offering them. I would rather give a full refund than let buyers slice the price down after purchase...

Well done for sending him a tenner. A lot of people would have ignored him.

Or maybe told him that it was the ultra rare right handed Australian model. :D

I think you've been more than generous sending him a tenner.

I suppose if you don't have the tools or knowledge it would be annoying but how was he expecting to adjust the size to fit?

Craftsman
    He's replied saying his jeweller said "it's the wrong way round" and is charging him 15 quid to do a swap around :-)

If i had advised buyer instead to return item I would probably have had to have funded the postage which was 11 quid...

Sent from my SM-J500FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I assume so
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Well....did He look at the photos before He bought it?
    Sent from my SM-J500FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Tenner seems reasonable for both parties.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I paid £10 to have oyster bracelet links adjusted........took all of 2 mins.

Have to remember that folk don't have the knowledge that most do on here - person likely bought his first expensive watch and unlikely to have the tools or concerned about damaging.Seller should of sent watch with bracelet correct.Tenner seems quite reasonable in circumstance.I also think it's important to communicate in a polite positive manner. We live in a service society - where I live no one cuts the grass,they don't wash their car but instead have to go to a company to get valeted and to fix a tap would have to call a plumber....

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by amcneill; 15th May 2019 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Seller should of sent watch with bracelet correct.Tenner seems quite reasonable in circumstance.

Should he have sized it correctly to fit the buyer's wrist as well?

I can't help wondering if the buyer had to get links removed/added anyway and when told it was the wrong way round, found the perfect excuse to pull the seller's pants down.

He was only told it was the wrong way round when he was at the jewellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Should he have sized it correctly to fit the buyer's wrist as well?

I can't help wondering if the buyer had to get links removed/added anyway and when told it was the wrong way round, found the perfect excuse to pull the seller's pants down.

He was only told it was the wrong way round when he was at the jewellers.
    "Sized it to fit buyers wrist" - of course not that would be taking it too far.Its an eBay sale not an AD experience. what next would you of expected it to be hand delivered with a thankyou note and a bouquet of flowers.Buyer doesn't have a clue and seller settled situation amicably( I think!).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reasonable recompense and good customer service, though if there were photos in the listing some sellers might declare “sold as seen”

"Sized it to fit buyers wrist" - of course not that would be taking it too far.Its an eBay sale not an AD experience. what next would you of expected it to be hand delivered with a thankyou note and a bouquet of flowers.Buyer doesn't have a clue and seller settled situation amicably( I think!).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I posted with a hint of sarcasm.

I'm suggesting that the buyer had to get work done on the bracelet anyway, which was nothing to do with the seller, and saw an opportunity to claim the cost back.

Either way, credit to the OP for paying him.

Unfortunately this forum is descending into a cesspit of sarcasm.I was replying to the post with a valid viewpoint.Well done again to the OP for sorting the situation out.

Seller should of sent watch with bracelet correct.[/URL]
    which is correct way?

:))

I recall that some Grand Seikos comes from factory with straps installed backwards because of that way they wear better on small hands.

Yes I've noticed that...always thought someone had got it wrong along the way.It would bug me to hell though and I would change it.Can't see it making much of a difference and I have smallish wrists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    which is correct way?

:))

I recall that some Grand Seikos comes from factory with straps installed backwards because of that way they wear better on small hands.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately this forum is descending into a cesspit of sarcasm.I was replying to the post with a valid viewpoint.Well done again to the OP for sorting the situation out.

Whilst Onelasttime has said he posted with a hint of sarcasm, I think he made a valid point. What are the chances that the bracelet is going to fit the new buyers wrist without needing a link in or out, and they will require a visit to a jeweller regardless of whether the bracelet was on the ‘correct’ way round or not?
    As others have said, I think the OP was more than obliging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    £15 to swap the bracelet orientation! It takes literally 30secs.

I could get nearly two hair cuts from my barber for that.

I think he’s the usual pee taker on eBay to be honest, can’t stand the place for selling now. I’d have asked for it back just out of principle.

Last thing I sold on there (for way below the average price btw) the donut who bought it contacted me to ask for some cash back because it didn’t have a feature he thought it did. Item was circa £200 & he wanted a £40 refund. Absolute end of a bell... I straight away said just return it and just got the “well I really like it I’m just disappointed” not as disappointed as me that you bought it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    £15 to swap the bracelet orientation! It takes literally 30secs.

I could get nearly two hair cuts from my barber for that.

I think he’s the usual pee taker on eBay to be honest, can’t stand the place for selling now. I’d have asked for it back just out of principle.

Last thing I sold on there (for way below the average price btw) the donut who bought it contacted me to ask for some cash back because it didn’t have a feature he thought it did. Item was circa £200 & he wanted a £40 refund. Absolute end of a bell... I straight away said just return it and just got the “well I really like it I’m just disappointed” not as disappointed as me that you bought it!
    The place is full of whoppers. I just say send it back for a full refund even if it leaves me out of pocket.

Journeyman
    I think a tenner is very reasonable, but agree with you I’d rather have it back than refund anymore.

Craftsman
    Much as I like watches I don’t have the tools to swap a bracelet over (unless it’s a small screwdriver?) and as i’d be a once off for me, I’d rather pay someone to do it for me.

Nice of you to have spent £10 to help cover the cost. I wouldn’t expect that if I was the buyer and tbh I wouldn’t ask either

Master
    I swapped round a bracelet tonight. I've detached and reattached many in the past. It was unattached in 10 secs.

Reattaching took 15 mins. One side was very stubborn.

Win some, lose some. I bought a gen 1 Seiko Monster on eBay which was listed as "not working". In the description it said "probably needs a new battery"
    Erm, or a good shake?