closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mental Health Awareness Week

Blog Entries

Mental Health Awareness Week

It’s ok not to be ok

It’s not a sign of weakness it’s a sign you have been strong for to long

It’s Mental Health Awareness Week and I’m happy to stand up and say I’ve struggled with my mental health
    Sometimes the grey days are dark but slowly the colourful days are starting to outnumber them

It’s a difficult subject but something that needs to be addressed

Cheers andy (iceblue)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good on you Andy.

Craftsman
    I’m with you Andy, I walk a black dog also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We currently help a friend see the light

Master
    Well done Andy.

I too was diagnosed with Mental Health whilst serving in the Army, subsequently being discharged in 2012. I have been there and back with it. Some good days and some very dark days where by I just wanted to leave this mortal coil as I felt I was a big burdon to my wife and daughters but never had the balls to go ahead with it.

If it was not for my family giving me the support, only god knows where I would be right now.

Never talked about my issue's, but now I don't care what people think or say about me, why ? Because admitting that I had problems showed professionalism and strengh and always vowed that this ' Hidded Illness ', would never beat me.

Do not be frightened to ask for advise and NO your NOT weak in doing so.
    Last edited by MADDOG; 15th May 2019 at 07:02.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Well done Andy.

I too was diagnosed with Mental Health whilst serving in the Army, subsequently being discharged in 2012. I have been there and back with it. Some good days and some very dark days where by I just wanted to leave this mortal coil as I felt I was a big burdon to my wife and daughters but never had the balls to go ahead with it.

If it was not for my family giving me the support, only god knows where I would be right now.

Never talked about my issue's, but now I don't care what people think or say about me, why ? Because admitting that I had problems showed professionalism and strengh and always vowed that this ' Hidded Illness ', would never beat me.

Do not be frightened to ask for advise and NO your NOT weak in doing so.
    Well done fella wise words on getting advice

Myself I nearly lost me partner my family my job everything , I now am still with my missis after 25 years , I have a amazing family (and not all understand mental health ) but that’s fine , I still have dark days but everybody does

Master
    Blog Entries
    The military sites I am on highlight problems and deaths every day in particular the Northern Ireland ones.
    The current prosecutions have brought on and increased many people’s PTSD it’s brought back bad memory’s and feelings.
    People are openly asking for help describing the despair they feel and asking if one of us will speak to them,it’s heartbreaking.
    One father described how his son took his life last year at 26 on returning from abroad and how he himself who served in NI early 70s must wait to see if he will be prosecuted.what a burden he carries.

It’s the sense of betrayal and sheer helplessness,I understand it’s one soldier a week committing suicide it has never been addressed,yet one on Jeremy Kyle and look what happens.

One thing it has done though Is united us in particular the 300,000 of us who served there.
    We are standing shoulder to shoulder,old rivalry’s forgotten we are very,very angry.
    I went on one very peaceful protest 30,000 soldiers outside the HOP one week 10,000 the next week no mention from the BBC.
    I will be giving my full support to this Saturday demos,I shall go to Bristol this time.

Well done for posting this topic. Mental health needs to be raised and discussed as much as every other common illness. It is no longer a taboo subject.
    Many of you will know I have suffered with this after the loss of my mum and then again after the loss of my dad. Days are easy, then some are incredibly hard. All we can do is talk and be open as hard as it may be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk