closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sending Arktis to Sinn, advice required

Craftsman

Sending Arktis to Sinn, advice required

My Arktis is in need of a service and a new bezel spring so I want to send it directly to Sinn in Germany. I really want to get the full works done whilst it’s there so I’m estimating around £600, is this realistic?
    Does anyone have information on who I should use to send it fully insure?

Thanks
    Dixon

Craftsman
    According to the price list here:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Customer_Service.htm

It looks as though the base price would be €415 for a service:

Standard Overhaul Services
    – Factory overhaul (disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, assembling and adjusting of the movement, replacing of all
    technically required parts)
    – Renewing of the seal system (all seal rings incl. the crown, push-piece only if technically required)
    – Cleaning of the case
    – Cleaning and checking of the metal bracelet
    – Repairing of the metal bracelet (if necessary and possible, excl. clasp replacement)
    – Final inspection

plus €200 if a case refinish is required. Return postage will be a bit extra.

They always quote the above as a guideline in case of further work being required.

Can't help with sending the watch as I was lucky enough to be over there and dropped my U1 off in person. They sent the watch back via UPS.

I was far more comfortable having Sinn dealing with the watch directly rather than paying a UK based middle man..... Very happy with the service (although 3 months turn around), give the service centre a call, they're very helpful.

Good luck with the service!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    According to the price list here:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Customer_Service.htm

It looks as though the base price would be €415 for a service:

Standard Overhaul Services
    – Factory overhaul (disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, assembling and adjusting of the movement, replacing of all
    technically required parts)
    – Renewing of the seal system (all seal rings incl. the crown, push-piece only if technically required)
    – Cleaning of the case
    – Cleaning and checking of the metal bracelet
    – Repairing of the metal bracelet (if necessary and possible, excl. clasp replacement)
    – Final inspection

plus €200 if a case refinish is required. Return postage will be a bit extra.

They always quote the above as a guideline in case of further work being required.

Can't help with sending the watch as I was lucky enough to be over there and dropped my U1 off in person. They sent the watch back via UPS.

I was far more comfortable having Sinn dealing with the watch directly rather than paying a UK based middle man..... Very happy with the service (although 3 months turn around), give the service centre a call, they're very helpful.

Good luck with the service!

Thanks for the info, I want to get it sorted directly with Sinn and I’m not bothered about the time I just want it back looking as new as possible. I’ll try and figure out the postage as I want it fully insured.

Quote Originally Posted by DiXoN View Post
    Thanks for the info, I want to get it sorted directly with Sinn and I’m not bothered about the time I just want it back looking as new as possible. I’ll try and figure out the postage as I want it fully insured.
    Contact Sinn directly, they might organise postage for you. I bought a bracelet from them recently and decided to exchange it. They provided pre-paid postage for this, which surprised me as they were under no legal obligation to do so. I found their customer service to be excellent in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer this with proper insurance for their watches too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Contact Sinn directly, they might organise postage for you. I bought a bracelet from them recently and decided to exchange it. They provided pre-paid postage for this, which surprised me as they were under no legal obligation to do so. I found their customer service to be excellent in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer this with proper insurance for their watches too.
    That’s a great idea, I never thought of that. I’ll get onto it and drop them an email and ask, thanks.

Master
    Just had a watch returned from Sinn after warranty work. Took 6 weeks.

All very straightforward although it went back via where it was bought.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app