closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay advice

Master

Ebay advice

The long and the short of it is I sold a motorcycle part on ebay but for the life of me cannot find the item to ship it.

I requested cancelling the transaction with the buyer. They declined and paid me anyway.

I can see if from their point of view, looks like I don't want to complete the transaction as the price was on the low side.

This is not the case, I'm not like that. But they can't have what I can't find

Should I just refund their PayPal and chalk it down to experience. What is the worst they can do, negative feedback?

Any advice would be gladly received.

What can they do? Nothing, apart from leave bad feedback.

Contact eBay and explain the situation. Refund the seller, apologise and move on. If he leaves negative feedback eBay can act to remove this if they feel you have a case, or I think you can respond with your side of the story.

How did you happen to sell a part that you can't find?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What can they do? Nothing, apart from leave bad feedback.

Contact eBay and explain the situation. Refund the seller, apologise and move on. If he leaves negative feedback eBay can act to remove this if they feel you have a case, or I think you can respond with your side of the story.

How did you happen to sell a part that you can't find?
    This. Cancel the sale but leave the buyer a message stating that you’ll let him know if/when you find it and honour the deal. Just don’t then go and relist it!

Master
    I managed similar with a jacket.

I explained the mistake to the buyer, she kicked off, sent abusive messages & left negative feedback accusing me of wanting more money etc.

Contacted eBay & have my side of the story, feedback was removed without any issue.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I managed similar with a jacket.

I explained the mistake to the buyer, she kicked off, sent abusive messages & left negative feedback accusing me of wanting more money etc.

Contacted eBay & have my side of the story, feedback was removed without any issue.

Best of luck

She was buying for her husband before any smart remarks!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    This. Cancel the sale but leave the buyer a message stating that you’ll let him know if/when you find it and honour the deal. Just don’t then go and relist it!
    Can't relist it can't find it! If I find it he can have it FOC no problem.

How have I managed to list something I can't find? I listed the part last summer and it didn't sell, sunshine appears and I decided to offload some motorcycle gear/parts that had been hanging around as Ebay were doing a £1 max final fee promo. Assumed the part was still in the garage but I cannot find it :(

Journeyman
    I have done this. Also with a bike part. Turned up 9 months later.
    I had put it somewhere for safekeeping.