closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek Nautilus help needed

Patek Nautilus help needed

Hi folks. This price is in my girlfriends family estate. They have some genuine vintage pieces but there’s also been the odd fake uncovered too. Anyone any idea where this looks like genuine or fake? Terrible picture I know bit I’m hoping it’ll be obvious if it’s a ringer?

Cheers
    57f64533-335c-48e6-975b-d3f9f084aef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just pop in to patek and they will let you know

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I probably would if it was in my possession but just have the above picture at the moment. It’s been sat in a drawer for the last 30 odd years by the sound of it so I’m hoping if it’s a ringer it’ll be obvious to those on here that are in the know.

Craftsman
    That pic is way too bad to be able to make any judgment calls

Not that I’d be able to tell but that’s the sort of picture I’d expect to see on eBay with the text belonged to my grandfather, found in a drawer, might need a new battery?

Wants to know whether a very expensive watch is real but posts a picture that is a mere outline of a watch!

Given the usual pattern of these things on forums, 'found in estate/drawer/Grandfathers' etc I will predict a terrible fake.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand101 View Post
    Hi folks. This price is in my girlfriends family estate. They have some genuine vintage pieces but there’s also been the odd fake uncovered too. Anyone any idea where this looks like genuine or fake? Terrible picture I know bit I’m hoping it’ll be obvious if it’s a ringer?

Cheers
    57f64533-335c-48e6-975b-d3f9f084aef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Advice to the OP;
    It is not very difficult to do a research by yourself. You just need a proper picture o the watch an any markings on the case, bracelet a.s.o
    I would not ask a forum with a p!$$poor picture and a infamous drawer history...these kind of posts do not help with a good reputation on the net!

Maybe a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Maybe a prototype?
    What, the camera?

Maybe a prototype?

Meta!
    Last edited by swatch; 13th May 2019 at 11:55.

Craftsman
    Maybe a prototype?
    The image is so poor it could have prototype printed on the dial and I still wouldn’t be able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Oh hec it looks like I’ve come in for some stick here!.
    Agree terrible pic and a story I’d generally treat with suspicion if read with a sales post.
    This watch is part of a collection of vintage pieces stored within the family house of a successful industrialist, some genuine decent vintage watches and at least one outright fake so even more unusual really!
    So I thought I’d try and get a head start on this with the 1 poor pic that I have so far. Obviously the pics aren’t good enough for a detailed analysis but just thought the case shape might easily give away an obvious ringer.

Nothing more than that, not offered for sale. I shall endeavour to get some decent pics and take it from there. Thanks all for the feedback!

Fake. If someone had a genuine Patek they would know how much they paid for it and remember doing so. It's like finding a Ferrari in the garage you 'forgot' you had

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fake. If someone had a genuine Patek they would know how much they paid for it and remember doing so. It's like finding a Ferrari in the garage you 'forgot' you had

Thought it was from a deceased’s estate.

Correct, deceased.

It's been known to happen: https://metro.co.uk/2011/01/19/jerma...orsche-629935/

Sounds like a case of vintage fakes or fake vintages.

This of course assumes that they paid for it. It might have been found, nicked or was a gift from special friend.

Plus i imagine there are lots of folks who have never heard of Patek let's alone know that lump of stainless steel would be worth more than it's weight in gold.

Given that the picture is horrible, perhaps it wise if the OP actually took it Expert to get it check out. Chances are it's a fake as a fakey thing, but there's only one way to really find out.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    “the car, which has a P33NNT number plate”

Amazing.