closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulgari Octo Velocissimo, thoughts

Master

Bulgari Octo Velocissimo, thoughts

Watch browsing in central London yesterday, in the market for a sports chronograph. Tried on most of the usual brands and the watch that popped for me the most was the Bulgari Octo Velocissimo.

I think Bulgari star is on the rise in watches, with several ultra thin complication world records recently.

Considering the steel one, what do people think of this particular piece?? (Aside from residual values...I know I know)

This is a great article from ablogtowatch review here:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bulgari...-watch-review/

Craftsman
    Great review..an amazing watch, and a a great movement..
    What's not to like..

Master
    They also produced an ultra thin model, which looks the business on a leather strap!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bu...matique-review

Only 5,15 mm thick!

If you want a chrono, the new chrono GMT released this year looks the absolute biz to me. With more information here https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bulgari...matic-watch-2/

Master

Bulgari Octo Velocissimo, thoughts

Agree, the Finissimo models are also very cool, but also very different to the steel version in person and on wrist. Full matte finish versus the different satin and polish facets of the stainless steel. The dial is also completely different, matte unreflective cool finish almost kindle like, versus the steel version dial, which is glossy with highly faceted polished finishing, reminds me of how Grand Seiko dials sparkles in different light angles from sharpness.

The steel with black dlc and rose gold indices are also cool, they have different models with varying amounts of gold, from only indices and crown, to additional gold bezel to full on gold.

The full range whilst all part of the octo family, vary highly on aesthetics/style and on wrist watch feel. I almost feel one is not enough!

I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I hope I do not sell this one day on SC, can see it taking an absolute hammering particularly observing how slow SC are these days

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Agree, the Finissimo models are also very cool, but also very different to the steel version in person and on wrist. Full matte finish versus the different satin and polish facets of the stainless steel. The dial is also completely different, matte unreflective cool finish almost kindle like, versus the steel version dial, which is glossy with highly faceted polished finishing, reminds me of how Grand Seiko dials sparkles in different light angles from sharpness.

The steel with black dlc and rose gold indices are also cool, they have different models with varying amounts of gold, from only indices and crown, to additional gold bezel to full on gold.

The full range whilst all part of the octo family, vary highly on aesthetics/style and on wrist watch feel. I almost feel one is not enough!

I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I hope I do not sell this one day on SC, can see it taking an absolute hammering particularly observing how slow SC are these days
    Fair comments - I am much more partial to the brushed/Ti look so I tend to lean that way!

Good luck with the buy - I enjoy people buying something they actually like. Try and hustle them for the best discount you can get!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Fair comments - I am much more partial to the brushed/Ti look so I tend to lean that way!

Good luck with the buy - I enjoy people buying something they actually like. Try and hustle them for the best discount you can get!
    Cheers, yes I think a good discount can be had on these.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    (...)
    One can expect that this watch won't sell well on the SC, as well as a fair value depreciation buying it new.

That wouldn't put me of buying something I like. As crazyp sais, try to get a good deal on this one and enjoy this fine different kind of watch.

Craftsman
    I really like this... is there much of a discount (if any) available when buying new?

Master
    @ac11111 Did you buy it? I thought I have seen your watch in the friday topic?

Master
    Yes took the plunge and you are right, posted a pic on the Friday thread (and incoming).

I think next will be something gold, dressy and refined to round out the collection, but probably not for quite a while!

Master
    Blog Entries
    They really are the dogs bollacks. I’ve admired them for a while now.

Journeyman
    looks very interesting..