closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to call it a day.......

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    This is what causes all the problems, spats and nastiness in other parts of the forum. Many times I’ve read a thread and bang out of the blue a vendetta post followed by another etc.

If these peeps could keep it in the draft thread then all would be good.
    Zo, why the same is not happening on other watch forums where many protagonists are also the members?

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    I would be sorry if you did not return after a break, Paul. I have always found your contributions a breath of pragmatic professionalism to any discussion,
    Go well,
    David

Master
    Sorry you’ve decided to leave. One of the contributors to this forum that makes it worth coming back to.

I didn't see this thread until now as I rarely venture beyond WT and SC.

Paul made me aware of his decision in an exchange of PMs the other day, and I think it's a real shame. He is hugely knowledgeable and has helped me out with watch related stuff on a number of occasions over the years - including fully (and beautifully) restoring my late father-in-law's watch and my elderly Omega. I fully agree with Brendan's (webwatchmaker) comments.

I have only ever posted in one thread in the Bear Pit ('Dear Wife' if anyone cares), simply because I think it's funny. From what I gather the rest of it holds no interest for me whatsoever so I don't go there. I have better things to do with my time.

There is no excuse whatsoever for the behaviour of some members who post in Watch Talk and Sales Corner - they should be ashamed of themselves. If Eddie's reading this I find myself very conflicted... whilst I admire the self-regulated nature of the forum, that only works if people are capable of self-regulating. Clearly some are not and that spoils it for everyone else.

I've been a member here for over 14 years and mostly it's been a blast. I don't intend to leave but I understand why others might choose to do so.

Paul, I hope you come back - this forum would (will) be poorer without you.

Simon

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I didn't see this thread until now as I rarely venture beyond WT and SC.

Paul made me aware of his decision in an exchange of PMs the other day, and I think it's a real shame. He is hugely knowledgeable and has helped me out with watch related stuff on a number of occasions over the years - including fully (and beautifully) restoring my late father-in-law's watch and my elderly Omega. I fully agree with Brendan's (webwatchmaker) comments.

I have only ever posted in one thread in the Bear Pit ('Dear Wife' if anyone cares), simply because I think it's funny. From what I gather the rest of it holds no interest for me whatsoever so I don't go there. I have better things to do with my time.

There is no excuse whatsoever for the behaviour of some members who post in Watch Talk and Sales Corner - they should be ashamed of themselves. If Eddie's reading this I find myself very conflicted... whilst I admire the self-regulated nature of the forum, that only works if people are capable of self-regulating. Clearly some are not and that spoils it for everyone else.

I've been a member here for over 14 years and mostly it's been a blast. I don't intend to leave but I understand why others might choose to do so.

Paul, I hope you come back - this forum would (will) be poorer without you.

Simon
    I totally agree and also wish Paul's speedy return. Enough from these 'keyboard incontinents'.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Master
    Shame you are leaving Paul, just like to thank you for the servicing you carried out for me.
    Good luck for the future :)

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Please return very soon Paul. I can't answer all the enquiries myself !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paul

It is very depressing to read that you will quit the forum.

Your posts have always been enlightening and your freely-given advice most welcome. Plus, your penchant for early Omegas has let us see some great watches.

Perhaps Eddie could find a way to specifically exclude the Bear Pit for those members who wish to limit their discussion purely to watches and other timepieces? Though that wouldn’t, sadly, prevent us suffering the childish and petty vendettas that have come to characterise a small subset of members.

Best wishes going forwards, and here’s hoping at some point that you might return.