Hello TZ, my first incoming on your site. I normally post on the rolexforums but looking to get involved with a more local community too since I am a Uk based watch collector / addict! I know this is not a watch for everyone but I was excited by the idea of a big diver featuring gold (after being appalled at first like many of us, I quickly came around) and when I was called in to view it, I just knew it was a must have watch.

This one just hit the sweet spot for me. My personal highlight is the satin finished dial with the gold sea-dweller text, it is a little retro almost and that balances really well against the classic two tone metal combination. The oversized bezel in gold is fantastic and a bit over the top but a lot of fun. This is not the watch for whoever wants to be ‘under the radar’ it screams Rolex and is big on the wrist. It has a lot of presence! The design is extremely cohesive and I was thoroughly impressed by Rolex’s implementation of the design, a very well executed watch.

Here are some photos I took earlier today, also some comparisons vs a sub and a Daytona to show the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk