closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice / Help SD 16660

Advice / Help SD 16660

Hi all,

I’ve been communicating with a seller on Chrono24 regarding the below watch, I was hoping some of you with better knowledge then me (most here) could give an opinion on the watch in question. It is being sold by Ro-Times in Austria if anyone has had previous dealings?

I’m not sure how to post the link, I’m on an iPad using Tapatalk? So a few pics below, I’m in no great rush and have other potential options but this one did pique my interest so any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated, originality is the main driver, along with condition for a near 40 year old watch.

Many Thanks in advance

Looks like a later MkIV dial, but its worth getting the serial number because lots of earlier 666 had their dials replaced. If it's a matte dial watch, and you are lucky, you might get an original mettle dial for it.

Case back looks correct for a later watch.

My other comment is that it looks as if the lugs and strap have been "brushed" - not very well, but a service by Rolex would fix that.

Its all about the price.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Cheers, it’s a 1982 watch so dial should be ok I think? I found out that the bracelet is from ‘91. Price is around 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Cheers, it’s a 1982 watch so dial should be ok I think? I found out that the bracelet is from ‘91. Price is around 6.5.

1982 sounds quite early. If it's serial number is before 8.4m then it could be a matte dial watch which has had its dial replaced (most likely at service) by Rolex.

£6.5 doesn't sound like a bad price.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Has the seller confirmed the originality or type of hands and bezel insert. The insert looks like suoerluminoca, amd hands look like they are service hands.

My info must be out of date, because 6.5k sounds like a heck of a lot of money to me.

Bezel insert is a SuperLuminova replacement but tell me hands are original. This isn’t the sea dweller I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also looks a bit hi on the price-side, but seems you’ve sacked it off anyway. ;)

The very slight shade difference between hands and markers is exactly the same as the one I had