closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sending Arktis to Sinn, advice required

Craftsman

Sending Arktis to Sinn, advice required

My Arktis is in need of a service and a new bezel spring so I want to send it directly to Sinn in Germany. I really want to get the full works done whilst its there so Im estimating around 600, is this realistic?
    Does anyone have information on who I should use to send it fully insure?

Thanks
    Dixon

Craftsman
    According to the price list here:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Customer_Service.htm

It looks as though the base price would be 415 for a service:

Standard Overhaul Services
    Factory overhaul (disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, assembling and adjusting of the movement, replacing of all
    technically required parts)
    Renewing of the seal system (all seal rings incl. the crown, push-piece only if technically required)
    Cleaning of the case
    Cleaning and checking of the metal bracelet
    Repairing of the metal bracelet (if necessary and possible, excl. clasp replacement)
    Final inspection

plus 200 if a case refinish is required. Return postage will be a bit extra.

They always quote the above as a guideline in case of further work being required.

Can't help with sending the watch as I was lucky enough to be over there and dropped my U1 off in person. They sent the watch back via UPS.

I was far more comfortable having Sinn dealing with the watch directly rather than paying a UK based middle man..... Very happy with the service (although 3 months turn around), give the service centre a call, they're very helpful.

Good luck with the service!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    According to the price list here:

https://www.sinn.de/en/Customer_Service.htm

It looks as though the base price would be 415 for a service:

Standard Overhaul Services
    Factory overhaul (disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, assembling and adjusting of the movement, replacing of all
    technically required parts)
    Renewing of the seal system (all seal rings incl. the crown, push-piece only if technically required)
    Cleaning of the case
    Cleaning and checking of the metal bracelet
    Repairing of the metal bracelet (if necessary and possible, excl. clasp replacement)
    Final inspection

plus 200 if a case refinish is required. Return postage will be a bit extra.

They always quote the above as a guideline in case of further work being required.

Can't help with sending the watch as I was lucky enough to be over there and dropped my U1 off in person. They sent the watch back via UPS.

I was far more comfortable having Sinn dealing with the watch directly rather than paying a UK based middle man..... Very happy with the service (although 3 months turn around), give the service centre a call, they're very helpful.

Good luck with the service!

Thanks for the info, I want to get it sorted directly with Sinn and Im not bothered about the time I just want it back looking as new as possible. Ill try and figure out the postage as I want it fully insured.

Quote Originally Posted by DiXoN View Post
    Thanks for the info, I want to get it sorted directly with Sinn and Im not bothered about the time I just want it back looking as new as possible. Ill try and figure out the postage as I want it fully insured.
    Contact Sinn directly, they might organise postage for you. I bought a bracelet from them recently and decided to exchange it. They provided pre-paid postage for this, which surprised me as they were under no legal obligation to do so. I found their customer service to be excellent in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer this with proper insurance for their watches too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Contact Sinn directly, they might organise postage for you. I bought a bracelet from them recently and decided to exchange it. They provided pre-paid postage for this, which surprised me as they were under no legal obligation to do so. I found their customer service to be excellent in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer this with proper insurance for their watches too.
    Thats a great idea, I never thought of that. Ill get onto it and drop them an email and ask, thanks.

Craftsman
    Just had a watch returned from Sinn after warranty work. Took 6 weeks.

All very straightforward although it went back via where it was bought.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app