closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: 116719BLRO with the blue dial

  1. #1
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184

    116719BLRO with the blue dial

    Does anyone have one? Was it only made for a year? I am thinking of moving on my blue dial SS SkyD, and this looks like the perfect upgrade.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,811
    Itís still in production.

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    64
    Latest model is 126719 BLRO with new movement 70 hour power reserve

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    Latest model is 126719 BLRO with new movement 70 hour power reserve
    Did not know that.
    Thank you for the info.

  5. #5
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Mmm, thatís the baby.

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London / Surrey
    Posts
    69
    Now just sell my the SD for retail and everyone is happy!!

  7. #7
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Now just sell my the SD for retail and everyone is happy!!
    Fine, if you have the £17k equivalent for aftermarket retail, then please PM me.👍

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,537
    That model is still on the website but has been discontinued was made for a year. I had mate waited for one since launch to be told cannot have one.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-GMT...UAAOSwEflcj6v5
    Last edited by bokbok; 14th May 2019 at 20:53.

  9. #9
    Unless Iím wrong, the one that was a short production watch was the white gold, blue dial, and Ďoldí movement?

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Unless Iím wrong, the one that was a short production watch was the white gold, blue dial, and Ďoldí movement?
    You might be right I thought it was the new one not new one with ok'd movement

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 14th May 2019 at 21:06.

  11. #11

    116719BLRO with the blue dial

    Didnít they go:

    Black dial, old movement - 4 or so years?
    Blue dial, old movement - a year or less
    Blue dial, new movement - current watch

    Doing this from memory rather than a source.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Unless Iím wrong, the one that was a short production watch was the white gold, blue dial, and Ďoldí movement?
    Was reading up on this recently as it's a watch I really like. The above is correct and lots of people thought it was to then be discontinued. However it wasn't but did get the newer 3285 movement. Also read that Rolex will do a dial swap on the black dial to blue at service although personally do not know if that is the case. I think my preference would then be for the black dial 3186.

  13. #13
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Was reading up on this recently as it's a watch I really like. The above is correct and lots of people thought it was to then be discontinued. However it wasn't but did get the newer 3285 movement. Also read that Rolex will do a dial swap on the black dial to blue at service although personally do not know if that is the case. I think my preference would then be for the black dial 3186.
    Indeed. AD says three to four weeks for delivery, for which I read eight to twelve! Blue dial.

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    623
    I was chatting with my AD prior to Basel and he was saying how the price of these had gone mad. He has a customer who boasted he had paid nearly 90k for a minter 😂🙈 after they were discontinued. Obviously after Basel he was guessing Rolex had done this on purpose to put two fingers up to greyís

  15. #15

    Fabulous watch with the blue dial.

  16. #16
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    So the AD has said that the very few pieces they will be receiving from Rolex will be allocated by a decision of the Groupís board, based on the value of individual customers. He is putting my name forward, but neither he nor I are hopeful!

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Didnít the 116719 blue have a 3 month production run? Sure they were trading for late 30s last time I looked.

    Should of got one at a discount when I could!

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    790
    For 30 itíll take the green yellow gold Daytona ever time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    For 30 itíll take the green yellow gold Daytona ever time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, far too gawdy, in my opinion.

  20. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    For 30 itíll take the green yellow gold Daytona ever time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, doesnít do it for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    790

    116719BLRO with the blue dial

    Quote Originally Posted by donsaini View Post
    Sorry, doesnít do it for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    And the blue white gold Pepsi does?

    Trust me, the green Daytona is the better watch in multiple ways
    Last edited by ac11111; 15th May 2019 at 21:38.

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    For 30 itíll take the green yellow gold Daytona ever time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too but I canít pull full yellow gold off!

  23. #23
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Birmingham & Brussels
    Posts
    250
    For the price iíd go white gold Daytona or a day date if possible.

    Itís been asked before but I can imagine a precious metal watch is lighter than an SS one? I love the blue WG Sub!

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    790
    And the white gold blue dial Pepsi is oh so subtle and class...no display of wealth here...

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,211
    Blog Entries
    1
    I really didn't like the blue dial when I saw it in person. Think the black dial suits it better.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Me too but I canít pull full yellow gold off!
    Thereís the white gold, silver panda one (on bracelet too) which no one ever talks about. Itís stunning, and if they released it in steel itíd probably be no less expensive from greys.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I really didn't like the blue dial when I saw it in person. Think the black dial suits it better.
    The blue looks flat, Iíd much prefer a sunburst finish.

    All hypothetical as I couldnít ever afford one without selling every watch I own and then be terrified of wearing the thing anyway!

  28. #28
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,656
    A couple of years ago, every Rolex window display seemed to have a white gold BLRO as its cornerstone.

  29. #29
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    The blue looks flat, Iíd much prefer a sunburst finish.

    All hypothetical as I couldnít ever afford one without selling every watch I own and then be terrified of wearing the thing anyway!
    I can see what you are saying. If I get the nod (unlikely), then I would need to be happy with the blue when seeing the watch in the flesh.

  30. #30
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    207
    Looks very cool with the blue dial, I've never seen on in the metal though!

  31. #31
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Thereís the white gold, silver panda one (on bracelet too) which no one ever talks about. Itís stunning, and if they released it in steel itíd probably be no less expensive from greys.
    Thatís a lovely watch but I prefer the blue dial for the white gold bracelet version

  32. #32
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Thatís a lovely watch but I prefer the blue dial for the white gold bracelet version
    That might be a good alternative, and one which is more likely to be available.

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Thatís a lovely watch but I prefer the blue dial for the white gold bracelet version
    My brother has that and itís stunning.

  34. #34
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,840
    Blog Entries
    1
    Iím sure my local AD had a blue dial in for ages, I will ask as I walking u0 that way in a bit.

    From your other thread though, a SS gmt would be my one watch for life. Your explorer would fit that bill nicely too as it works well on a strap too.

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Itís still in production.
    Big bucks, but very tasty.
    Andy

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Corona Borealis
    Posts
    6,857
    Please go meteorite!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •