closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ajax v Spurs

Ajax v Spurs

Bloody hell, here we go again.

Blog Entries
    Not an Ajax fan here, but watching this with a certain excitement.

Normally Ajax is known as 'lucky Ajax'... But this time...

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 8th May 2019 at 21:57.

Craftsman
    Oh my god! What a second half!

Master
    Unbelievable! Again.

GOODNESS ME, TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW...

Master
    Bloody El!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    While I wanted Spurs to win, my heart goes out to the Ajax fans. Right at the death like that when they had it in the bag at half time. Absolutely gutting for them.

Master
    Sweet Jesus!
    I wish I was still a betting man. I told my mate at half time that Tottenham would squeeze a win here.

Unbelievable Jeff
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Blog Entries
    True Brit spirit, absolutely deserved.
    What a final, I wouldn’t know where to put my money.
    Will Kane be fit?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    It's always the same! With one leg in the Final, now with both legs on the ground. Congrats Spurs and what Daddel says: deserved.

Menno

Another great game. The final surely can't live up to the drama of the semis could it?

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    While I wanted Spurs to win, my heart goes out to the Ajax fans. Right at the death like that when they had it in the bag at half time. Absolutely gutting for them.
    Standing ovation to Spurs at the end .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    True Brit spirit, absolutely deserved.
    What a final, I wouldn’t know where to put my money.
    Will Kane be fit?

Spurs have beaten Liverpool once in 6 years

Ajax v Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Spurs have beaten Liverpool once in 6 years
    When I were a lad standing on the Kop in the mid-80s, we used to sing ‘72 years without a win, Tottenham, Tottenham’, owing to the fact they hadn’t beat Liverpool at Anfield for, you guessed it, 72 years.

Craftsman
    Liverpool are strong 1/2 favourites. Spurs need to have learnt from the Anfield game and set up like they did in 2nd half to give Liverpool a game.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a spurs fan that was a complete rollercoaster of emotion, I’d lost hope at half time but what a comeback and they played with such heart and desire. Poch is a world class manager and both he and Klopp last night showed true unbridled emotion which is great to see when so many others in the game are dour and driven by money and ego.
    I’ve been in bed for 20 mins now but I’m far too hyped up to sleep!!

Craftsman
    The only player i fear and have always said is moura....... Low center of gravity and can move either side, very difficult to defend against. Not to worry hey, vans got big pockets to fit him and kane

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

on my way back from a fantastic time in Amsterdam. Dam Square taken over by Spurs. hungover and lost my voice but so worth it. Madrid next!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    on my way back from a fantastic time in Amsterdam. Dam Square taken over by Spurs. hungover and lost my voice but so worth it. Madrid next!!
    Glad you enjoyed it.

It's a game after all, and should be enjoyed by everyone in a great athmosphere.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

If I was a Spurs fan I'd worry about Kane being fit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    When I were a lad standing on the Kop in the mid-80s, we used to sing ‘72 years without a win, Tottenham, Tottenham’, owing to the fact they hadn’t beat Liverpool at Anfield for, you guessed it, 72 years.
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows that football didnt exist before the Premier league and Champions league.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows that football didnt exist before the Premier league and Champions league.
    Your right, it didn't........ LFC put it on the map.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If I was a Spurs fan I'd worry about Kane being fit.
    Agree, have him on the bench by all means, but please don't start him.

I'm more worried about Trippier being fit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Agree, have him on the bench by all means, but please don't start him.

I'm more worried about Trippier being fit.
    Keane slows the play down but why trippier???

Journeyman
    Lucas has never been a prolific and clinical finisher...untill last night. He managed a hat trick

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Keane slows the play down but why trippier???

First half:

First goal, he let De Ligt run free on the corner (mark him properly and stop the run, or get one of the big guys on him)

Second goal he lost the ball by tapping it into pitch trying for recovery rather than out of play.

2nd half he was much better.

Trippier also at fault for Raheem Sterling goal. Too many mistakes.

I would rather Trippier was on the bench and brought on if we need his attacking ability.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    First half:

First goal, he let De Ligt run free on the corner (mark him properly and stop the run, or get one of the big guys on him)

Second goal he lost the ball by tapping it into pitch trying for recovery rather than out of play.

2nd half he was much better.

Trippier also at fault for Raheem Sterling goal. Too many mistakes.

I would rather Trippier was on the bench and brought on if we need his attacking ability.
    I see your point......... In that case please play

Trippier has been pants since the World Cup. Won’t take on players, provides no width on the right and always always checks inside. He is so easy to defend against. His tackling is virtually non existent as he prefers to keep backing off rather than make a challenge.
    Not the qualities you need for a FB. Won’t be sorry to see him leave in the summer.

Credit to the Ajax fans. They were coming up and congratulating us. No malice at all. Shared a few Amstels with them.

Craftsman
    Trippier has been pants since the World Cup. Won’t take on players, provides no width on the right and always always checks inside. He is so easy to defend against. His tackling is virtually non existent as he prefers to keep backing off rather than make a challenge.
    Not the qualities you need for a FB. Won’t be sorry to see him leave in the summer.

Credit to the Ajax fans. They were coming up and congratulating us. No malice at all. Shared a few Amstels with them.
    I like him....... Don't mind him as back up to TAA

Craftsman
    I fear for the Tottenham supporters they are going to get treated roughly and badly by the Spanish police because of the drunken behaviour of Liverpool supporters. The Madrid authorities are going to take a hardline on 'English Football Supporters' and not differentiate between well behaved Tottenham groups having a good time and groups of drunken Liverpool thugs.

The FA should make an urgent request for the final to be held in the UK, the people of Madrid do not deserve the property damage and violent behaviour that is coming to them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    I fear for the Tottenham supporters they are going to get treated roughly and badly by the Spanish police because of the drunken behaviour of Liverpool supporters. The Madrid authorities are going to take a hardline on 'English Football Supporters' and not differentiate between well behaved Tottenham groups having a good time and groups of drunken Liverpool thugs.

The FA should make an urgent request for the final to be held in the UK, the people of Madrid do not deserve the property damage and violent behaviour that is coming to them.
    Spuds don't drink??? Oh yeah...... Sniff sniff

There’s a brand new stadium just opened in North London. just saying :-)

You still at it then ? (rolls eyes....)

Must try harder. Kelvin MacKenzie you ain't

...amazing! A night you'll never, ever, forget! I was practically shaking during the last 5min so no idea how you guys in the stadium coped. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    ...amazing! A night you'll never, ever, forget! I was practically shaking during the last 5min so no idea how you guys in the stadium coped. Hope all is well.
    Hi Chet
    Good to hear from you mate. All good here.
    Amsterdam was so good.
    Been trying to sort out arrangements for Madrid. Not helped by the Scousers having a 24hr head start. Spurs are selling their tickets in “windows” prices range from £60 -£513!
    Hope all is well with you too. The S is doing well

Madrid is the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to visit watching a football match ...........twice .
    I’ve no love whatsoever for either Spurs or the Scousers but I’d advise the fans to be on their mettle at all times with the police over there.
    Hopefully, at the new Athletico stadium, it’ll be a little better but I wouldnt bank on it.