closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool vs Barcelona

What a great game to watch as a neutral, well pleased for all the Liverpool supporters. I hope someone had a few quid on that.

I’m hoping for a final against Ajax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    What a great game to watch as a neutral, well pleased for all the Liverpool supporters. I hope someone had a few quid on that.

I’m hoping for a final against Ajax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The likely will be ajax but I would love the spuds.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeaTines View Post
    Didn't watch it as we don't have BT sport
    I don’t have BT sport either, but my kids know a few internet hacks, and I watched it on an American TV channel which was then streamed on the internet. Same for PL games.

I don’t ask my kids too many questions.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I don’t have BT sport either, but my kids know a few internet hacks, and I watched it on an American TV channel which was then streamed on the internet. Same for PL games.

I don’t ask my kids too many questions.
    Interesting - I have played about with this in the past via Kodi and other apps on our Amazon Fire TV Stick - but the quality was usually not very good - especially on a big TV. you found it OK ?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaTines View Post
    Interesting - I have played about with this in the past via Kodi and other apps on our Amazon Fire TV Stick - but the quality was usually not very good - especially on a big TV. you found it OK ?
    We each streamed and watched it full screen on our individual iPads. Quality was excellent.

Genuinely happy for Liverpool - but its another reminder of how little we get to see of these big games with everything on paid TV. Remembering the iTV days with some nostalgia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Wolfie is extremely quiet on this topic ... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Yes....... Yesterday he was shouting from the rooftop....... Might be hiding in the basement lol

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    A sheep in wolfie clothing perhaps 😂
    Sorry….

What have did win last night exactly?

Oh that’s right - Naff all!!!

Well done on last night…. Glad you had fun!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Sorry….

What have did win last night exactly?

Oh that’s right - Naff all!!!

Well done on last night…. Glad you had fun!
    In very simple terms...... You got to be in it to win it.

Blog Entries
    In very simple terms...... You got to be in it to win it.

This is true…. In all fairness that has to rank as one of the most epic comebacks of all time!

Craftsman
    If Istanbul was not a final than this would be the greatest come back.

There’s never been a more spectacular 2nd leg thrown away in Liverpool since Paul McCartney had a blazing row with his wife Heather.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There’s never been a more spectacular 2nd leg thrown away in Liverpool since Paul McCartney had a blazing row with his wife Heather.

R
    Loooool

Journeyman
    Lvp deserve to play in the final... Even Barcelona fans have to agree with that

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hchj View Post
    Lvp deserve to play in the final... Even Barcelona fans have to agree with that

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Barca fans apparently clapped the lfc players off

Journeyman
    Lvp players and klopp have earned the respect of the entire football world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    I think this may have an impact on city....... Added pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is everyone pleased for them?

I just think of the gobby scouser I used to work with and how unbearable he’d be.
    I think any decent person would be pleased for them. As a team they played their hearts out, as role models they showed a 'never give up' attitude, Klopp appears to be a decent guy, and one of the most likeable managers in the game. Why would anyone not be pleased for them?

Don't worry about how unbearable someone you no longer work with could be.

It was a good result for the City of Liverpool, the Premiere League and English Football.

Blog Entries
    Can't see City losing the title now, winning against Brighton seems an easier task than winning against Wolves.

It's just as tight in our competition, 2 games to go and Ajax and PSV both on 80 points.
    Last edited by Daddelvirks; 8th May 2019 at 14:16.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I made the fatal mistake of going on to the have your say remarks on the BBC web site after a match review. The hatred towards Liverpool fans is unreal although they don’t help themselves with their childish comments. The whole tribalism is ridiculous.
    I’m a City fan and I’d be gutted if we lose the title on Sunday but I’d be applauding Liverpool for winning.
    Week in week out each team play knowing one slip up could cost them the title and they keep on winning.
    Last nights win for Liverpool was nothing less than they deserve for their attitude and desire to win throughout the whole season. They outclassed Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I think any decent person would be pleased for them. As a team they played their hearts out, as role models they showed a 'never give up' attitude, Klopp appears to be a decent guy, and one of the most likeable managers in the game. Why would anyone not be pleased for them?

It was a good result for the City of Liverpool, the Premiere League and English Football.
    Do you really think that if Man Utd had done this Liverpool fans would be congratulating them?

I think this may have an impact on city....... Added pressure

Why ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Why ?
    Last night sent a message saying there is no chance this team will fold......... City will have to make sure they are on the money.

Last night sent a message saying there is no chance this team will fold......... City will have to make sure they are on the money.

wishful thinking....
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

After 13 league wins on the trot, knowing 1 win will secure the title, I'm pretty sure City don't give a flying about last nights game

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    After 13 league wins on the trot, knowing 1 win will secure the title, I'm pretty sure City don't give a flying about last nights game
    Let's be honest...... They have hardly set the world alight with recent performances

I agree 100% with these posts below.

I think the win yesterday was a win for the Premier League and showed that we really have caught up to the best in Europe. People always say we have the most exciting league (which I agree with) but now the standard of football is as good as any in Europe.
    If this had been City, United, Spurs or any other English team I would have applauded them for their fighting spirit and heart.

I just don't understand this tribalistic mentality, and I know some Liverpool fans have a bad reputation for talking rubbish and believing they are 'owed' the PL title because of their history. I'm sorry but we are not owed anything and need to stop bringing back the past. For the first time we have a team capable of challenging for the title and there is great potential to do that. I don't believe City will be under anymore pressure because of yesterday and I fully expect them to win on Sunday. They have been the best team over the season, play great football and have a wonderful coach, but we pushed them all the way.

It's been the most amazing season I can remember in a long time and I don't think this will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I made the fatal mistake of going on to the have your say remarks on the BBC web site after a match review. The hatred towards Liverpool fans is unreal although they don’t help themselves with their childish comments. The whole tribalism is ridiculous.
    I’m a City fan and I’d be gutted if we lose the title on Sunday but I’d be applauding Liverpool for winning.
    Week in week out each team play knowing one slip up could cost them the title and they keep on winning.
    Last nights win for Liverpool was nothing less than they deserve for their attitude and desire to win throughout the whole season. They outclassed Barcelona.

Let's be honest...... They have hardly set the world alight with recent performances

They don't need to - 3 points is all that matters. 3 goals conceded and 5 1-0 wins in that period suggests nothing other than a win on Sunday too. City won't drop this now - Monday night was the test.

Last night was phenomenal, and to be honest, Liverpool have played better before as well. But Barca crumbled and didn't know how to respond.

I'm against the grain me and would like Liverpool to win the league. But don't mind admitting at one bit last night I just wanted a Suarez goal and a massive celebration of scoring as the furore over his celebration last week was embarrassing (as is all this 'don't celebrate' crap). But I couldn't do anything but admire Liverpool and it was a brilliant performance

Craftsman
    This is tricky for me as I seriously dislike both teams.

Barcelona have been the biggest cheats in World football for the last 10 years taking diving and simulation to new depths, I still get angry thinking about this disgusting play acting -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...behaviour.html

Then we have the violent, lawless and whining Liverpool fans who never take responsibility and always think it is somebody else's fault.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post

Barcelona have been the biggest cheats in World football for the last 10 years taking diving and simulation to new depths, I still get angry thinking about this disgusting play acting -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...behaviour.html

Then we have the violent, lawless and whining Liverpool fans who never take responsibility and always think it is somebody else's fault.
    Stop living in the pass......... Appreciate last night.

Blog Entries
    Time for you to start the. Ajax - Spurs thread then!

You are Nesima and I claim my £5

Master
    Best game I've ever been to! I went to the away leg too which was a great trip apart from the result.

Booked the Madrid trip this morning but have to have a night in Valencia either side of the game. Any others got their travel sorted?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    You are Nesima and I claim my £5
    Yup, and HoneyFB and Mokarran. Sad pathetic little troll who keeps coming back after numerous bans as he has nothing else going on his life. Arsehole

Craftsman
    Let's hope the Madrid police have a couple of hundred of these guys to deal with the Liverpool supporters.

https://www.facebook.com/tryingtotak...9424086885511/

I think the final should be moved to Wembley, the last thing this country needs with everything else going on at the moment is 20,000 Liverpool thugs on the loose in Madrid shaming and embarrassing our country.

Why should the Spanish have to suffer the thuggery, we have already seen how they behaved in Barcelona a few weeks ago.

Let's hope the Madrid police have a couple of hundred of these guys to deal with the Liverpool supporters.

I think the final should be moved to Wembley, the last thing this country needs with everything else going on at the moment is 20,000 Liverpool thugs on the loose in Madrid shaming and embarrassing our country.

Why should the Spanish have to suffer the thuggery, we have already seen how they behaved in Barcelona a few weeks ago.
    Can't you put a mat over yourself or something ?

… we have already seen how they behaved in Barcelona a few weeks ago.
    Can you provide links please? I don't recall reading anything about bad behaviour.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Can you provide links please? I don't recall reading anything about bad behaviour.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48117216

Plus 6 other arrests.

Craftsman
    I presume the other 20,000 ran away???

It's one dxckhead who needs to be knocked TF out. It's hardly indicative of Liverpool or its fans, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Can't you put a mat over yourself or something ?
    I would suggest something a bit more solid than just a mat. A ton of concrete?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I guess no team has a fan base full of saints.

“The semi-final match between Ajax and Tottenham Hotspur in the Johan Cruijff Arena, and Ajax's last-second elimination from the Champions League, led to unrest in various places in Amsterdam on Wednesday night. The Amsterdam police arrested a total of around 30 people during the evening, NU.nl reports.”

Master

Get a grip you moron. I was there with another 10000 Reds. The behaviour was fantastic as a whole. 6 arrests? There are multiples of that in Liverpool the majority of the times a european team visit.

The guy who pushed the local in the fountain is a well known idiot but every group has a few of them. I did actually hear the guy who got wet had been messing around with some of crowds pockets which is unconfirmed but wouldnt surprise me as I have been dipped in Barcelona before.

Craftsman
    Badger gone crawling back.......... Lol