closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help - watch polisher near Leeds

Blog Entries

Help - watch polisher near Leeds

Good morning all,

I’m trying to find some one to lightly polish my Rolex Deepsea, in or around the Leeds area (as I’m working up there a fair bit at the minute).

Any recommendation would be useful and a guesstimate of cost would also would be useful.

Thank you fellow TZ’ers in anticipation of your help.

Cheers
    Chris

Craftsman
    Try Berrys on 62 Albion St, Leeds LS1 6AD
    Tel 0113 245 4797
    They had a working jeweler/watchmaker last time i was talking to them and they may be able to help.

Blog Entries

Cheers

Any idea on cost buddy....actually you’ve done enough.

I’ll get off my a**e and give ‘em a call ��

Thank you.

Kind regards
    Chris

Grand Master
    Do you really need someone to do that for you.Its rather easy to do with some cape cod.

Blog Entries

Cod tape

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Do you really need someone to do that for you.Its rather easy to do with some cape cod.
    I do because I’m a useful as a chocolate fire guard! Lol

Grand Master
    Cape Cods are OK for final finishing but that’s about all. Trying to take deeper scratches out this way is like boring through a mountain with a carrot.

A small flat piece of rubber to act as a mini sanding block, various grades of fine wet and dry, metal polish and finally Cape Cod is the way to do it, or mask it up and do the final polish on a polishing wheel. A loupe or similar magnifier is advisable.

I’m surprised more folks don’t learn how to do this, practice on something cheap first. Once you’ve learned how to do it you don’t fret too much about picking up a few scratches in a watch.

let us know the outcome please

Blog Entries

Practice makes perfect

I’ll practice on the wife’s Rolex first.....lol

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    Try Berrys on 62 Albion St, Leeds LS1 6AD
    Tel 0113 245 4797
    They had a working jeweler/watchmaker last time i was talking to them and they may be able to help.
    Berrys in Nottingham did a fabulous job for me on a JLC SS Reverso. Maybe the branches use the same man for polishing, worth asking.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Cape Cods are OK for final finishing but that’s about all. Trying to take deeper scratches out this way is like boring through a mountain with a carrot.

A small flat piece of rubber to act as a mini sanding block, various grades of fine wet and dry, metal polish and finally Cape Cod is the way to do it, or mask it up and do the final polish on a polishing wheel. A loupe or similar magnifier is advisable.

I’m surprised more folks don’t learn how to do this, practice on something cheap first. Once you’ve learned how to do it you don’t fret too much about picking up a few scratches in a watch.
    No mention of deep scratches Paul,he said light polish which cape cod is perfectly fine for,I've done it with superb results.As you mentioned I've also done that with no thoughts about paying someone to do it,but I guess it's like general diy in the home,I'll do pretty much anything, whereas some will go to jelly without even trying.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 8th May 2019 at 10:33.