closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Line of Duty - did you partake?

Master

Line of Duty - did you partake?

Can’t find a thread on this so here’s one. We’re you one of the 10m viewers? Impressed or not? I found it quite intense myself. Not bad at all.

Master
    Bit of a cop out for a finale I thought. I've enjoyed the series but I won't return for the next one I don't think, feels like a waste of time considering this "shock" twist.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Me and wife love it, watched all the series so far, but it thought the ending a bit of an anti climax, but with another series being made they had to curb it. The writer Jed Mercurio is a local boy to us and quite a hero of late

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Bit of a cop out for a finale I thought. I've enjoyed the series but I won't return for the next one I don't think, feels like a waste of time considering this "shock" twist.
    Thought they completely bottled the ending, morse code??
    What are the chances that every case they investigate always traces back to the same organised crime gang? It really was beyond daft
    I'll probably watch if there is another series but won't be looking forward to it as much as previous series

Blog Entries
    Still liked this series, but I think they should have made this the final one, it's starting to get unbelievable now.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    I watched one and thought it was a LoB and did not watch any more.

Weakest of the five series in my opinion, though enjoyed the tense finale. Thought the morse code was a bit of a stretch. Might have to save a message on my phone saying 'URGENT EXIT REQUIRED' to send when I'm in a boring meeting at work!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I thought the last episode was a bit rushed and how from a frozen frame did Steve figure out the morse code thing?

Craftsman
    Made me sleep
    An amazing sedative

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Wife and I went back and binge watched from the start of series one.
    Really enjoy it and being able to watch 2-3 episodes back to back really helped keep the tension.
    Guessed the ending well before the end and thought the morse code clue was a bit of a stretch.
    Can’t see what another series is going to add to an otherwise great TV programme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    According to the writer the next series will be the continued hunt for the fourth and final bent cop, he also said Hastings is still a suspect.

Master
    Second those referring to it being unbelievable and not returning to watch a further series. I thought the writing/acting was pretty wooden, Hastings especially.

Master
    For me I am totally amazed at how popular it is as the acting is bordering on laughable and the writing and plot lines are just terrible, to satisfy my friend who likes it he said watch the series with Thandie Newton in it, so I did and it was comical I thought it was appalling but I do think it's typical of how poor British drama is in general as the quality has gone really downhill!

Master
    Wife and I have watched it from the start, but I was kind of hoping this finale was THE finale. It now feels a little stretched out which is a great shame.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Starting to get repetitive, but still better than the Bodyguard series.

We’ve watched all of the series and what annoyed me the most about this one was the need to have have an all female interrogation board with female back up, it was somewhat unrealistic. Was this done on purpose to balance out the male cast or of late the whole gender thing!!!!!

Like a lot of series they’ve run their course

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    According to the writer the next series will be the continued hunt for the fourth and final bent cop, he also said Hastings is still a suspect.
    Of course he is still a suspect. Remember how he misspelt the word definitely in a separate communication ? He made the same mistake as "H" by spelling it as definately. bit of a coincidence.

Men who are of his rank can be relied up to spell correctly and he also gave a rubbish answer when trying to explain it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Of course he is still a suspect. Remember how he misspelt the word definitely in a separate communication ? He made the same mistake as "H" by spelling it as definately. bit of a coincidence.

Men who are of his rank can be relied up to spell correctly and he also gave a rubbish answer when trying to explain it away.
    Wrong!
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Wrong!
    What is wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    What is wrong ?
    The focus on the way definitely is spelt.
    In an earlier episode IT experts analysed screen shots of the laptop recovered by AC12 and came back with an algorithm to imitate the writing characteristics of whomever H might be, a consequence of which would be the same spelling errors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The focus on the way definitely is spelt.
    In an earlier episode IT experts analysed screen shots of the laptop recovered by AC12 and came back with an algorithm to imitate the writing characteristics of whomever H might be, a consequence of which would be the same spelling errors.
    Yes that is correct but the man also spelt it incorrectly himself. All it does is point the finger to him but it keeps him in the frame.

So he will still not be off the hook yet.

At what time did he spell it wrongly himself, I must have missed it?

Master
    [QUOTE=number2;5093554]At what time did he spell it wrongly himself, I must have missed it?[/QUOTE

Easy way is to re run the interview sequence.

It got to fanciful a series or two ago, and we both lost interest and gave up.

With all this fly on the wall documentaries like 24 hours in Police Custody, I think I now know how the police system works, which makes all the going’s on in Line of Duty ridiculous.

Given all the fuss, a few weeks ago I started at Episode 1. After two hackneyed plot developments in the first 10 minutes I gave up.

Craftsman
    I've loved Line of Duty all the way through, but it suffers from going on for too long (like many previously great shows). This season started like a roller-coaster, but the stuff with Hastings was massively predictable (never thought I'd level that at LoD!) and succeeded in bogging it down. The ending left a lot to be desired, many highly-trained police have watched that video tens of times over more than 5 years and only now Steve has a brainwave and goes back to find the morse code? Come on. Then the morse code itself - H is supposed to mean 4 caddys now. In that case, why did the term 'H' get referenced frequently by criminals in last couple seasons? Trying to be too clever, comes out stupid. Most unfortunate. I will undoubtedly watch the next season (I'm hopeless at giving things up once I've started), but it's more out of blind loyalty than compulsion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    First one I’ve ever seen and I found it a bit unbelievable - especially the scene where Steve had a 'secret' meeting with the undercover cop in a multi storey car park where they were literally screaming at each other! The last episode with that interview that went on ages reminded me of Ted Rogers summing up the impossible clues at the end of that show with Dusty Bin in it. 3-2-1 wasn’t it?

Apprentice
    I was quite enjoying it. Not as much as the previous series - but entertaining enough, until I noticed how often the phrase "bent coppers" was spoken (especially by the undercover guy in a strong scouse accent) and it really put me off. We started playing "bent copper" bingo at home. Would have made a good drinking game :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post

Unless they find a way to draw it out even further. Guaranteeing themselves renewed for another series but pissing off viewers along the way.
    I hope they find the last bent copper but they'll have to hunt for him without me, I'll probably just catch up with the series by reading the plot synopsis online the next day.

Never got this in the 80's.
    Can you imagine the A-Team taking a full season to catch a villain?? They took out entire drug cartels and disbanded governments in a 60 minute slot those lads.

I’ve watched it since series one (which imo was the best) and agree the ending let it down big time.

Can someone explain why the ginger copper near the end, was trying to stab the woman solicitor in the toilets, yet another OCG member

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Can someone explain why the ginger copper near the end, was trying to stab the woman solicitor in the toilets, yet another OCG member
    One would assume (please note the word assume) that any senior bent person would have the sense to recruit someone at mid-lower level to keep their eyes and ears open in exchange for either financial or career favours.

I will admit that the weakness in my assumption is that the ginger copper must have the sense to realise that she knows too much and stands a high risk of being killed off at a later date.
    Last edited by Mick P; 8th May 2019 at 13:36.

Craftsman
    Great show. One series too many.

Two more series planned by the way.

Thread resurrection.

I’d never seen it until two weeks ago and have binge-watched series 1-3. I’ve enjoyed the suspense and the pace. Series 3 was at the tipping point of believability so if that balance tips over I’ll lose interest.

I like the Hastings character. I’ve suspected his involvement throughout so interested to see what happens. I got The Caddy quite early and was invested enough to be desperate for them to be caught.

This is our best drama if you believe the ratings. I think what it demonstrates is the gulf in spending ability compared to US drama, particularly Netflix although they’re playing alone in their own league.

Blog Entries
    It's a show of diminishing quality, each series is worse than the previous one and believability went out the window long ago which is a massive shame as it used to be excellent

Craftsman
    I enjoyed it. Was gripped by the first season but as is often the case it got weaker in subsequent series.

The ending was just plain _ .. ._ .._. _ !

Journeyman
    Love the series however was a bit frustrated with the ending, lets see how the new series pans out. expected March time I think.

Up there with one of the best programs ive ever watched

Didn't watch it when first came out
    Had a head injury so was off sick for a few week
    Stumbled across it on I player and binge watched the whole lot, immense tv in my opinion

Master
    I started watching at series 3 or 4 on a recommendation from a friend and then watched the first 2/3 series and all the subsequent ones.

Although I enjoyed it, I'm not sure about the acting. I've been rewatching Homeland and the acting is brilliant and believable. I just though some of the performances in LoD were a bit wooden - especially Adrian Dunbar/"Hastings".

Strange isn't it. My wife says the same but I really like the way Dunbar portrays Hastings, especially in the interview scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I just though some of the performances in LoD were a bit wooden - especially Adrian Dunbar/"Hastings".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Strange isn't it. My wife says the same but I really like the way Dunbar portrays Hastings, especially in the interview scenarios.
    I’ve been watching the Sky thing Cobra. I have the same view of David Haig. Very amateurish performance!

The series itself started off well but losing interest.

Diane Morgan - A Beginner's Guide to Line of Duty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p099hkl8
    Last edited by freeloader; 14th March 2021 at 11:44.

Line of Duty, where we try to decrypt if a CGO is embedded inside AC12 who might be the ACC, authorising AFO's who are travelling around in ARV's triggering ANPR's and all to find out who is H.

Roll on the next series.

Craftsman
    So, who watched it last night then? This season has absolutely kicked into gear!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I need to catch up on this latest series, but it is excellent drama, even though it's a bit far fetched.

Last night was a great episode, best one for a few years.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

It's more widespread than we thought.

That pretty young DC on AC12 - she's not been there long, has she? You know, the one who gave Jonesy a bunk up into the line of fire. RIP Jonesy.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    It’s just a shame that the bloke who plays Buckells is such a poor actor.

Anyway...who is DCI Davidson related to????

Looking forward to next Sunday!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saved it and watched it this morning laying in bed with a nice coffee, as said great episode last night

I know it’s all pretty unbelievable but usually really enjoy it - have found myself increasingly eye rolling thru each episode, culminating in last nights. has a high profile witness/suspect ever been successfully securely transported in line of duty?....As Hastings would say, give me strength....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk