closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Which pair would you keep?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWC and JLC

61 52.59%
  • IWC and GS

34 29.31%
  • JLC and GS

21 18.10%

Thread: Rationalisation quandary

Threaded View

Rationalisation quandary

My interest in watches has waned over the last year or two, and certainly over the last 9 months since bikes came to the fore. Accordingly, I'm going to move some of my collection on in the coming weeks.

My quandary comes in the form of my simple dressy watches, namely these three (of which I intend to keep two):

1960 IWC Ingenieur 666 AD - a birth year watch and one of the most collectable of the old IWC's. This one is a beauty.

1960 Jeager LeCoultre K880 - another birth year watch, in solid gold and with an astounding calibre from JLC. Unusually good condition.

2016 Grand Seiko 130th Anniversary SBGW033 - this watch was released back in 2012 as Seiko’s limited edition 130th Anniversary model and a tribute to the first ever Grand Seiko. Almost impossible to find and took me 4 years to source.

My inclination at the moment is to keep the IWC and the GS, but I have to say that it would be hard to let the JLC go as it's so nice an example (and it's a birth year, which I rather like). Anyway, I've added a poll and would be interested in any views that might be expressed.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th May 2019 at 19:14.