closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking in Hounslow/Bath Rd

Parking in Hounslow/Bath Rd

I have a trip planned for London and will be staying in Hounslow - Bath Road. I am driving from West Midlands and would welcome any suggestions regarding parking. I have seen another thread here which suggested Hounslow East or West or Hatton Cross. I will be visiting Central London to visit the usual tourist sites (no watch browsing!!) with family. Are there other options which avoids the congestion zone etc (which I know nothing about) to enable getting to Zone 1 & 2.

I have also read regarding travel cards vs Oyster cards/contactless of which the latter work out cheaper. But slightly confused that Zone 1 & 2 is £7 but you can travel to Zone 6 by ‘topping up’ - how and how much top up?

Many thanks!

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Bath road is a long one! It basically serves as one of the border roads of Heathrow. Isn't there parking where you're staying?

In terms of tube travel, just use your contactless card for any underground and bus travel and it'll work out the cheapest rate for you.

Craftsman
    Park at Westfield, shepherds bush

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Thank you both. Think contactless and Westfield is the way to go.

Master
    Westfield parking will be very expensive just be warned. Although yes it will be a shorter tube ride to Central areas.

Easier option park in your hotel car park on Bath Rd. Get the tube from Heathrow into London. Will be cheaper although take longer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Parking in Hounslow/Bath Rd

Park in Osterley. Anywhere around Osterley Road is 5 minute walk to the tube station (Piccadilly Line) and not subject to parking enforcement.

I dump my car here for up to two weeks at a time when we fly from LHR, and saves me a fortune on airport parking.

Edit to add it’s a safe area, so no real worries about car crime, and Osterley is on the A4.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 5th May 2019 at 09:22.

I like the idea parking Osterley but with two kids, Westfield will be better as no doubt both will want something different to eat etc. A quick check the parking is just under £10 which I think will make up by the convenience of facilities.

I was somewhat hesitant about hotel parking due to check-in being 2pm and being asked to come back later. Plus I would be leaving overnight luggage in my car so a shopping centre should be secure (hopefully).

A great resource is TZ!

Master
    Didn't realise Westfield was such good value for longer stays! I usually park for a couple of hours and it is around £6.50 or so. Just checked and you are correct less than £10 up to 24 hours. So a bargain!! Definitely a good choice in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Didn't realise Westfield was such good value for longer stays! I usually park for a couple of hours and it is around £6.50 or so. Just checked and you are correct less than £10 up to 24 hours. So a bargain!! Definitely a good choice in this case.

Rechecked, 2-13 hours is £7.50 for smart parking or £9.50 normal parking. But Osterley is otherwise convenient as it is only 5 miles from the hotel and an easy route.

Hello

One thing to note, the tube is free for children under a certain age.

Master
    Nice Indian restaurant in Osterly, Memories Of India

Kids are 3 and 5. Surprised that London Eye is charging for a 3 year old!

Will have to Google the restaurant.

Thank you all!

Just an update to say thank you to all. The trip was very enjoyable and advice here was key. I parked at Westfield and asked a security guard which way to exit and two tube stations were less than a minute away.

Thank you all.

Craftsman
    Glad I could help!!

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using TZ-UK mobile app